Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
If there's any flesh at all left, it will probably regrow, so there's still hope!

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Yeah, there's quite a bit of tissue left so I think it'll come back! :D

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef

Well the mj900 definatly fixed my temp problem, today the temp peak at 78! But the lowest it was was 76 so I'll need to get a heater. I tell ya if it ain't one problem with the tank it's another! -_-

Nick's Reef

Well it's been a long time since i've posted pics, nothing much has change but I got bored and picked up the camera.

Red and green Blasto

P2290017.jpg

Blowpop Varient

P2290018.jpg

GBP from Morgan at Reef Gardener

P2290019.jpg

Yashas

P2290020.jpg

Ric from Morgan at Reef Gardener

P2290021.jpg

Zoos

P2290023.jpg

More Zoos

P2290024.jpg

More pics of the base rock i got and some others to come later, I gotta eat.

lilredneckman
chicken and green beans

HAHA! I had tacos and bacon! Who ever thought they would taste so good together?!

Nick's Reef

The Pieces of Base Rock

P2290027.jpg

P2290028.jpg

P2290029.jpg

P2290030.jpg

P2290031.jpg

Pathetic Stump of Cespitularia

P2290032.jpg

This is some Pipe organ my mom got a while ago and I want a frag of it

P2290033.jpg

Well that's all the pics enjoy! :D

Nick's Reef

Well I pick up a Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish tonightand he's just awesome! My buddy at the lfs finally got me one (there was actually two) and said that it looked super heathly at the wholesaler and he'd be good to go tonight. He's aclimating now, but I got a pic of him in a specimen container.

Geo

P3020041.jpg

P.S. the clowns are now in my bro's tank cause I was afraid they'd beat up the hawk. And yes I'm naming him geo! :D

Ocho Cinco

Awesome fish. So what fish do you have in your yank now? Is that a pic at the lfs before you brought him home?

Nick's Reef
Awesome fish. So what fish do you have in your yank now? Is that a pic at the lfs before you brought him home?

I only have the Yashas and him, and no that is a pic I took at home. Sorry that it's blurry I needed to wipe the dried salt out of the specimen container. As for how he's doing I saw him this moring just sitting on the sand under the overhang on the right side of the tank. He was pretty close to the Yashas but they don't seem to mind.

Nick's Reef

Well I have yet to see Geo eat he seemed interested in the cylopeeze i fed him but didn't eat any (just kinda looked at it) he did come out of hiding for the better pat of five minutes and it was vey enjoyable to look at his markings and watch him stare at me with his big buggy eyes. :D

Nick's Reef

Well my new Geometric Pygmy Hawk has been out and about all day today and even gobbled up some live brine I fed to him with a turkey baster. I got a good pic of him just being lazy and the Yashas were just asking to be photographed and seem to not mind the geo one bit.

Geometric Hawk

P3030049.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. Yasha

P3030051.jpg

Also when i was feeding live brine a few swam right into the acans and man was that awesome to watch, they just closed up as fast a possible and devored the brine.

Nick's Reef

Well the Geometric Pygmy Hawk is doing well, he was out today percing amongest my zoa garden and seemed very interested in PE Mysis, one came right near him and as he hopped towards it to eat it the damn Yashas pretty much stole it out of his mouth. I'm out of live brine but got some Hikari spirulia enriched brine today and will mix it with mysis and NLS pellets later and turn the pumps off and see if he eats.

P.S. sorry for all this blabbing about the new fish, i just want to keep everyone updated about him. :D

Nick's Reef

Well geo is eating frozen enriched brine and i've been watching him roam around the tank and he seems to be eating pods. He's staring to get a little fatter and is getting used to people walking by the tank. I have alsocome to belive that he may be nocturnal as he's more active later in the day when the acintics are on.

davidr2340
Well geo is eating frozen enriched brine and i've been watching him roam around the tank and he seems to be eating pods. He's staring to get a little fatter and is getting used to people walking by the tank. I have alsocome to belive that he may be nocturnal as he's more active later in the day when the acintics are on.

That's great bro... He is a beautiful fish!!!

Nick's Reef
That's great bro... He is a beautiful fish!!!

Thanks, I took pics of him on and off throughout the day and the corals were looking very happy so here it goes.

Geo

P3040055.jpg

P3040056.jpg

P3040059.jpg

P3040065.jpg

P3050067.jpg

P3050069.jpg

P3050070.jpg

Acan

P3050073.jpg

Ric

P3050074.jpg

Zoos

P3050076.jpg

P3050083.jpg

P3050084.jpg

Enjoy the pics, and yes i know the led shots arent that great only one of em' works! :D

Nick's Reef
Frag me some of that Acan!!!

umm, no! I've had it for almost 2 yrs. in various tanks and it was my first piece of lps. The reason i say no is that it grows really slow and Geo loves to hide behing it. :D

davidr2340
umm, no! I've had it for almost 2 yrs. in various tanks and it was my first piece of lps. The reason i say no is that it grows really slow and Geo loves to hide behing it. :D

Damn you!!! ;)

Nick's Reef
Theres some nice shots in there! Posidons has the leds in stock but they are expensive.

yeah they've got the powerbrites I just want the srock leds.

Nick's Reef

Damn geo is a pig! He at three whole mysis shrimp plus some heads and tails the yashas and cuc missed. He also seems to stad up for himself as he chased the pep and cleaner shrimp away from the mysis but they're faster than him and got the food. It's really funny how he eats, first he hops towards the mysis, then just stares at it for like 5 seconds the darts at it then just pigs out! :D I think I'll be feeding mysis more often since it seems to be his favorite.

cool fish Nick! i love hawk fish..i am just skurred that my snails and shrimp won't have a chance...are red hawkfish about the same size as yours?

Nick's Reef
The tank is looking great Nick

Thanks bro!

cool fish Nick! i love hawk fish..i am just skurred that my snails and shrimp won't have a chance...are red hawkfish about the same size as yours?

Thank you, my hawk is mabye an inch long, red hawks are much bigger.

UPDATE!

Well my pep shrimp was eating my duncan so I caught him today. I also purchased some x-men palys and have placed an order with Reef Cleaners for some more snails to take care of the algae on the glass. I'm going to rescape this weekend since the rock is almost cycled and will post pics after the whole ordeal. i'll also get rid of some of the corals and my trumpet and green dragon eyes died (brown jelly and fungus).

Edit; P.S. My hawk eats mysis out of my fingers! :D

Archived