ReefCleaners.org

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
A red ric? Lol i hope its a yuma..... ;)

Yes and no, back when sharky's was a sponser(the guy sold the bussiness) he had aquacultured red Ricordea florida. They looked very nice, and based on what I've heard about sharky's they were in no way fake or photoshopped. I know Rob will probably never get any and the ones at sharky's were like $50!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef
You already have a yellow one!

No I don't, they are yellowish, but not like lilredneckman's! Plus they look orange under all but the yellowest of halides (cept the one i got from Morgan at ReefGardener.net). i know this cause my lfs uses 400w se14000k (i don't know the brand probably coralvue) with acintics.

Nick's Reef

well i went to the lfs today and just couldn't resist getting this one really nice aquacultured Favia I'm unsure of the species, but it looks kinda like a peace coral. the makeup of the polyps is similar but it's got neon green mouths and a yellow/beige rim. I also got some nice hitchhikers along with it, some mean green zoas and two serpent stars. i'll have pics in the next few minutes, it's wide open but i cleaned the glass so the water is kinda murky.

Edit: here are the pics!

W/ flash

P5040178.jpg

W.o./ flash

P5040179.jpg

Nick's Reef
Is the brain closed in that pic?

No, if you look closely you can actually see the feeder tentacles in the pic......Or at least on my comp.

Nick's Reef

well today i did the eggcrate mod in the back chambers. No pics, it took me forever to get it to fit and it didn't turn out the way i wanted it to( it's kinda weak and I wanted the shelfs to be longer). At least it looked really nice when I was done. :D

Also, my male yasha hasn't been seen for 6 days, i've read that they go into hiding for atleast that long to guard the eggs if they have spawned, but if i don't see him within the next week he's as good as gone. I'll be really sad if he did die. When i was messing in the back chambers i saw nothing so he didn't jump. Hopefully i can pair the female up if worst come to worst.

Nick's Reef

Well today is a very sad day, my male Yasha goby has gone to the big fish tank in the sky. I couldn't stand it any longer since he was very outgoing and flipped the rock they burrowed under over only to find a pistol and a female yasha. I'm almost posiyive the pistol ate the body since there was no evidence of a death. I'm heart broken as i've had this lil fella for almost 2 years.

R.I.P. 9/06-7/08

P2290020.jpg

The male is the more vibrantly colored one to the left.

:(:tears:

Hopefully the next yasha my lfs gets is a male so the poor widow I currently have can get back into the dating game.

Nick's Reef
Sorry to hear that dude. We all knew how much you loved those fish. My lfs had one for $50!

Was it a male? Males have a dark spot one the back of the joined fins right behind their head on their stomach. My lfs had a very small male but it sold before I started thinking they weren't mating.

Nick's Reef
Damn bro... Dorry for the loss!

David, did you get your pair yet?

God, I'm furstraited with this, now I'm all worried that the female may die from being depressed like clowns do sometimes. i almost want to sell this tank and just start a 10gal or something for the remaing goby and find a mate. But I'll probably keep this tank for some time sunce I love the other two fish.

Sorry to hear about that Nick. It's especially tough losing a fish you've had for so long. Good luck finding a partner for your other one.

Nick's Reef
I have no idea if it was a male or female. Why don't you just get another one? Why sell your tank?

i will just get another one, but it has to be a male or there will be chaos. I'm almost positive I won't sell my tank for a long while, I just was thinking about setting up a tank for just a pair of yashas.

Sorry to hear about that Nick. It's especially tough losing a fish you've had for so long. Good luck finding a partner for your other one.

Yeah, it's gonna be hard to find another male, since my lfs gets a yasha like every 3 monthsw.

David, did you get your pair yet?

God, I'm furstraited with this, now I'm all worried that the female may die from being depressed like clowns do sometimes. i almost want to sell this tank and just start a 10gal or something for the remaing goby and find a mate. But I'll probably keep this tank for some time sunce I love the other two fish.

Not yet... I'm going to call them this week!

Nick's Reef
Not yet... I'm going to call them this week!

Awesome, I can't wait to see pics when you get them.

Edit: also forgot to tell everyone, that i'm starting a prop tank, there is a link in my sig.

Nick's Reef

Well my green rock nem is got to go, it decided to move last night a walked all over an aussie lord.

Nick's Reef

Well when i rescaped i pretty much let lilredneckman do all the work, and he did a great job. Thanks bud! :D

P5090193.jpg

Also, we went to the lfs to get water for my prop tank, I saw the cutest naked clown. I may keep my single yasha and get one. I've always loved clowns cause they always look so cute, so there is a good chance I'll get him.

lilredneckman
That for sure is percect. No more resacping!!! I like the placement of the duncan.

lol thanks, i did all the work, he just handed me corals and i placed them.

Archived