Nick's Reef

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef
Come on bro...

2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg

;)

I know! I'm having a yrd sale at the moment so I kinda have to be out in the damn heat, then I'm gonna go to the lfs later on. I promise by Sunday night I'll have pics.

I know! I'm having a yrd sale at the moment so I kinda have to be out in the damn heat, then I'm gonna go to the lfs later on. I promise by Sunday night I'll have pics.

:lol:

No worries bro... Go sell some stuff already!!!

:lol:

No worries bro... Go sell some stuff already!!!

I did, I made like $80 from selling some of my stuff, which means onlt $30 to go before i can afford a sunpod!

Well here is the infamous Full tank Shot.

P6020265.jpg

I am not going to rescape anymore unless some rocks fall.

Looks great! I love the yumas and the acans.

Thanks, I love them too, the acans more so cause the don't sting other corals. just the other day the Yuma was stinging one of the acans, so i had to move it over some.

Looks great as usual bro!!!

Thanks man!

Well everything is doing great! I even added a feather duster (complements to lilredneckman for getting me one on a recent snorkeling trip. :D ) and a adorable yellow clown goby. Well here are some new pics, sorry no coral shots or macros as i need a new magnifying glass as mine is scrated and makes the pictures blurry as hell.

Fts as of 8/15/08

P6080269.jpg

New YCG

P6080275.jpg

Poor lil dude got attacked by the geo as soon as i put him in, guess the hawk thought he was food since he's the size of a tic-tac. The good news it that he doesn't have a scratch on him and ate cyclopeeze soaked in vita-chem maybe 15mins after the attack.

Wanted for atempted murder: Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish

P6080274.jpg

Approxamte length: 1 1/2"

Apperance: white body with red speckles and long dorsal fin

Reward: someone gets a hawkfish!

I highly doubt that i'll get rid of the geo, he's not attacked the ycg since and i hadn't fed the fish in a few days, he most likely was hungry.

Lonely Ms. Yasha

P6080276.jpg

She isn't very shy, she just got spooked and ran in her hole.

Sunburst Anthias

P6080278.jpg

New Feather Duster

P6080277.jpg

Nemastoma Growing Nicely

P6080280.jpg

I have cut two trimmings off this, one for my mom and one for lilredneckman. it seems to grow fast and lilredneckman even cut his and traded some to john at reefcleaners for other rare macros.

Edit: also forgot to metion that the tank had it's 1yr b-day 3 days ago!

Looks great! Dang that yuma just gets bigger and bigger!!

Yeah, the dang thing is gonna be too big soon and I'll have to find a new one.

Thanks man!

Well everything is doing great! I even added a feather duster (complements to lilredneckman for getting me one on a recent snorkeling trip. :D ) and a adorable yellow clown goby. Well here are some new pics, sorry no coral shots or macros as i need a new magnifying glass as mine is scrated and makes the pictures blurry as hell.

Fts as of 8/15/08

P6080269.jpg

New YCG

P6080275.jpg

Poor lil dude got attacked by the geo as soon as i put him in, guess the hawk thought he was food since he's the size of a tic-tac. The good news it that he doesn't have a scratch on him and ate cyclopeeze soaked in vita-chem maybe 15mins after the attack.

Wanted for atempted murder: Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish

P6080274.jpg

Approxamte length: 1 1/2"

Apperance: white body with red speckles and long dorsal fin

Reward: someone gets a hawkfish!

I highly doubt that i'll get rid of the geo, he's not attacked the ycg since and i hadn't fed the fish in a few days, he most likely was hungry.

Lonely Ms. Yasha

P6080276.jpg

She isn't very shy, she just got spooked and ran in her hole.

Sunburst Anthias

P6080278.jpg

New Feather Duster

P6080277.jpg

Nemastoma Growing Nicely

P6080280.jpg

I have cut two trimmings off this, one for my mom and one for lilredneckman. it seems to grow fast and lilredneckman even cut his and traded some to john at reefcleaners for other rare macros.

Edit: also forgot to metion that the tank had it's 1yr b-day 3 days ago!

AWESOME!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

Thanks!

Put it in the frag tank.

I still need to get a light! Plus the yuma makes an awesome centerpiece.

Well Tropical Storm Fay is coming, hopefull there will be no power outage or atleast a long one. I have a power inverter and a generator so I'll be o.k. As for what i think is it will be a whole lotta rain and wind but not much destruction. After deing through Francis, Wilma, and Jean, this ain't nothin'. for all I know lilredneckman is gonna go muddin' on his 4 wheeler the whole time in his backyard mud pit. :D

Good luck Nick! I hope all goes well and it isnt too bad.

Stay safe........Hang on!!

It isn't that bad guy's, so far all it is is rain and wind. prettymuch a bad thunderstorm without the lightining. lol.

That is not a pygmy hawkfish.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_di...id=1917&N=0

Also a great fish that lays around like a dog and gets cleaned by the shrimp a lot.

Picky eater, likes mysis delivered by room service.

My lfs often gets these and the price is usually under $20.

Actually it is' he just looks different head on and is paler than dfs's pic.

well sadly my mom is tking down here ap12 due to constantly battling flatworms and she doesn't have the money to keep it up. I took some blue shrooms, a small frogspawn, and some gsp9may take it out cause it grows fast.

• 2 weeks later...

september 4, 2008 update

Well I couple things have happened since my last update,

The Yellow clown goby that quickly became my favorite fish has died. He always sat on the korilia and got sucked onto the top grates.

I have been battleing cyanobacteria for months! I kept lights out for almost a week and it did help emmensly, I did a waterchange today and sucked what was left up.

I also got new bulbs which was also part of the algae problem.

I haven't purchased any livestock in a while, so no new pieces except what I got from my mom's tank. whcich you guys still haven't seen.

I'll have pics up soon, the water is nasty from the waterchange.

Nice! I just got myself a Lyretail Anthias for the 80 gallon. He is doing great and I'm eventually going to add more to give him some company.

Archived