Top Shelf Aquatics

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Coming Soon

From Christel (SeeDemTails):

Red Montipora capricomus

Green Montipora digita

German Blue Montipora digita

Possibly a small frag of Hulk Montipora sp.

From MitchReef:

True Tyree Sunset Montipora sp. with lineage to Steve Tyree!

Look for updates, should have all these by end of next week! :D

You bastard!!! :angry:

;)

You have some SWEET stuff coming bro!!! :o

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You bastard!!! :angry:

;)

You have some SWEET stuff coming bro!!! :o

Nice score Nick!!! I cant wait to see it in the tank.

Thanks, I can't wait to see it in the tank either. I can't wait to see the boxes at my door as a matter of fact! :D

Just read all of the thread and saw you got it used. What a steal. I would love to have that light and mod it.

yes I got it used from a member of my local reef club. She bought it used from another member who bought it from nanotuners for $300. I believe they still sell them on nanotuners.com

When do you expect your new stuff? I'm looking forward to seeing the new montis.

Wedensday before noon. All of it is coming that day, all shipped usps so it should be here at the same time. i can't wait, it gonna be like F'n christmas! :)

Okay Nick! I HAVE A FRAG PIC!!!!!

I think this sweet Steve Tyree Limited Edition Sunset Montipora.....

CIMG2034.jpg

will look absolutely awesome growing out in your tank.....the little limb looking growth to the left is just that, a little piece of growth....dunno if it was like a piece of sand that made it happen or what....but the rest of the Sunset behind it is full of big green polyps too.....

just as a thankyou, I have a little frag of something nice that might just appear in the box....just to help spread the Happy Corals happiness to your reef....

Mitch

Here is the colony I cut up:

CIMG1678.jpg

It's an encrusting Monti, so it obviously takes the shape of whatever rock you let it envelope, but mine started a frag on a tile....

Here is what I'm doing with it now:

CIMG1879.jpg

That pic was taken on 11/2, after being cut on 10/11....now the growth is onto the old coral head rock around at least 1/3 of the way around....

and BTW....it's expensive.....

Okay Nick! I HAVE A FRAG PIC!!!!!

I think this sweet Steve Tyree Limited Edition Sunset Montipora.....

CIMG2034.jpg

will look absolutely awesome growing out in your tank.....the little limb looking growth to the left is just that, a little piece of growth....dunno if it was like a piece of sand that made it happen or what....but the rest of the Sunset behind it is full of big green polyps too.....

just as a thankyou, I have a little frag of something nice that might just appear in the box....just to help spread the Happy Corals happiness to your reef....

Mitch

Your such a tease Mitch, I can't stand the suppense, I want it now!!! I'm not gonna be able to concentrate at school thinking about the corals!

How much is something like that? What do they look like larger and set in a display (not as a frag)? I on;y see them as frags.

I hope mitch doesn't mind, but I paid $40 plus shipping for my frag.

11/23/08 Update

Nothing much has changed, everyone is still alive. I did get some corals from lilredneckman as a b-day present, 3 kinds of zoanthids and some green cap. Pics tomorrow, plus tons of pics some time Thursday afternoon or friday of every thing, I get to borrow my grandpa's digital SLR camera! :D

Nick, silly question... but how do you change the sub-title of the topic name? I can't seem to figure it out and I always see that you change yours all the time!

Nick, silly question... but how do you change the sub-title of the topic name? I can't seem to figure it out and I always see that you change yours all the time!

Go to the first post of ue thread, and click full edit. Just type in the sub-title you want.

ReefFarmers, Tyree's own organization, is selling it for $110 for a "Small" frag...and you would only have to pay for it, then sit n the waiting list until March 2010 for THE SAME THING!!!! And Nick's piece has VERY SHORT direct lineage to Tyree....

I guess 40 might bring an OUCH....but it's MUCH better than I can get it for in any of my LFS's....

$40? Ouch........

$40 bucks for a coral brings an ouch? Ocho where are you getting your's so cheap? One of my acans was $80!

ReefFarmers, Tyree's own organization, is selling it for $110 for a "Small" frag...and you would only have to pay for it, then sit n the waiting list until March 2010 for THE SAME THING!!!! And Nick's piece has VERY SHORT direct lineage to Tyree....

I guess 40 might bring an OUCH....but it's MUCH better than I can get it for in any of my LFS's....

Sit on a waiting list til' March 2010?!? I don't think so, who in there tight mind pays $100 for a coral then waits 2yrs to get it?

Yeah, If you want a real shock go to the reeffarmers website and look through the Limited Edition listings....there are waiting lists years long for different corals....LIKE THE SUNSET....

I am far too much of an instant gratification kind of guy myself....

Tomorrow I ship.....

Mitch

I just didn't know how rare it was. Anything the size of a half dollar (I think) that is 40 I say ouch. I didn't know how rare it is. Not that I know...WHAT A DEAL!!!

Tomorrow I ship.....

Mitch

I can't wait til' wedensday, pm me when you ship out if you can, just so i know it's on it's way.

I just didn't know how rare it was. Anything the size of a half dollar (I think) that is 40 I say ouch. I didn't know how rare it is. Not that I know...WHAT A DEAL!!!

yeah, when Mitch pm'd me about the frag I was like "wow what?!?" :unsure: "$40, for that frag really?" :happydance:

Ok so today was my little brothers b-day so my grandparents were over so I got the camera it's an Olympus

E-410. The lens I'm shooting with says Oylmpus Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 ED on it, that's all I know about it. I love this camera and have taken at least 50 pics since I got it around 7pm. Took awhile to get it figured out but I got a few pics I liked so far, I'm only going to post the ones that SHOW HE TRUE OLORS OF THE CORALS/FISH! The yasha was being a ham so I got a bunch of pics of her on Underwater Macro Mode, really shows the yellow in her fins and the red of the strpies. The rest were just plain macro cept the amzing FTS I took. I'll post them as soon as I get home tomorrow after school. I'd do it now but I'm tired as hell, about to fall asleep while typing this. After doing a bunch of geometry homework, checking it, going out to dinner, and havin cake, plus tasking all those pics and getting so few good ones! I'll have tons of pics Wedensday after the new montis arrive, lilredneckman said he has to come over so i'm sure he'll try his hand at taking a few pics with this camera, I wish I could kepp the damn thing! :)

It's getting close to time for getting your frags to you....I made all my preparations tonight, so I can package on caffiene and autopilot....

CIMG2081.jpg

Tomorrow....we ride!!!!!

Mitch

what a tease! looking forward to the pix and the new montis!

Yeah me too. Can;t waut to see some sweet shots of that monti...

Patience young grasshopper!

It's getting close to time for getting your frags to you....I made all my preparations tonight, so I can package on caffiene and autopilot....

CIMG2081.jpg

Tomorrow....we ride!!!!!

Mitch

Woo Hoo! I can't wait! Now pics of Mitch and Christel's stuff Wedensday.

My package (or is that YOUR package) was handed to the Postal Worker at my local Post Office at 11:30 this morning. He said the "Birthday Cake" would be there tomorrow by 12:00....Remember, we're not supposed to send liquids through USPS....it was a fragile Birthday Cake I tell ya!!!!

CIMG2082.jpg

Here they are at the Post Office:

CIMG2083.jpg

Please let me know immediately upon receipt...I assume you know how to acclimate properly...if you are AT ALL unsure, please let me know and I can get the info on properly taking care of it...I am fairly assured that the Sunset will give you PE within a couple of hours in the tank...full PE might take a few days to a couple of weeks...I am off tomorrow as well, but will certainly be watching the threads....

The other little frag isn't really fancy or anything, it's all browned out now, but used to be deep purple tipped Monti digi....give it a try and see if you can color it up...it was really pretty before it went through a tough time and browned out....but that's another story for another time....and, Hey, it's a freebie!!!

Let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks,

Mitch

Archived