Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks great Nick!!! It looks like your going to run out of room soon in that tank.

Thanks bro. But yeah space is limited, when/ if it fills up i'm removing the rock in the bottom left that's covered in zoanthids and rics.

Mitch, the digi has full pe alread and is a steel blue in color, not totally brown, it should color up. The sunset has full PE in some places with preety damn close to full every were else. I also moved it so it's not shaded. The duncan recovered well from fraging, full big heads wide open again. Theres another head I could chop off but I don't feel like doing so.

Oh and lilredneckman, all the frags from you are open except the speckled GPE kicked the bucket. It was disinergrating, half was gone, it was all white. Zoafungus for sure, I don't like battling it so I tossed it, plus I've never brough zoas back from zoafungus.

EDIT: Oh and HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I'm leaving to go eat right now, mmmmm turkey!

Okay Nick, you owe us a couple of pictures a few days out, just so we can see the PE on that AWESOME Steve Tyree Limited Edition Sunset Montipora frag.... When that frag grows out real good it has the potentioal to be a real money-maker for you.....:bling:

Okay Nick, you owe us a couple of pictures a few days out, just so we can see the PE on that AWESOME Steve Tyree Limited Edition Sunset Montipora frag.... When that frag grows out real good it has the potentioal to be a real money-maker for you.....:bling:

Tomorrow, when Christel's stuff gets here. i'm worn out, just got back from fishin'. Maybe later today if i feel like it.

Oh yeah...you totally suck...I would so love to go fishing!!!!

Used to fish a lot...I've had Deep water boats all the way down through high performance Bass boats and started with a cheap K-Mart blow up 2 man plastic raft....

I haven't stretched a serious line in years....

Oh yeah...you totally suck...I would so love to go fishing!!!!

Used to fish a lot...I've had Deep water boats all the way down through high performance Bass boats and started with a cheap K-Mart blow up 2 man plastic raft....

I haven't stretched a serious line in years....

Bass boat..NICE!

My last one was a Nitro...21 footer...right nice boat....scooted right along...I lived 2 cross streets from Lake Tohopekaliga in Kissimmee....a little bit of a famous Bass water....it was fun while it lasted....

My last one was a Nitro...21 footer...right nice boat....scooted right along...I lived 2 cross streets from Lake Tohopekaliga in Kissimmee....a little bit of a famous Bass water....it was fun while it lasted....

Yeah, those are sweet boats. I bass fish here in MI in the warm season!

Well here are some pics from today. I was very happy with Christel's stuff!

Sunset with Some PE

P1010161.jpg

Other Zoanthids From Lilredneckman

P1010162.jpg

Browned out Digi From Mitch

P1010165.jpg

FTS

P1010166.jpg

Red Cap

P1010167.jpg

Green Digi

P1010168.jpg

Duncan

P1010169.jpg

That's all, enjoy! :)

Hey Nick enjoy them!

The blue polyp digi may rival the cap in growth speeds, give it lots of light too fi you want it to stay blue.....Mine is like 8 inches from the 150.

Hey Nick enjoy them!

The blue polyp digi may rival the cap in growth speeds, give it lots of light too fi you want it to stay blue.....Mine is like 8 inches from the 150.

Thanks Christel, you have some great corals and did a great job shipping them, it's a pain to get htrough all the bags but it's well worth happy corals. The blue digi is half way up or just about. No more than 9" under the water. halide is about 5" from the top. If it starts to fade I'll move it, I hope it'll hold it's colors.

Nice corals but you couldn't find a monti cap at your lfs? My lfs can't give frags of those away.

Actually no, only super tine frags that just so happened to fall off a big one growing on the back of the diplsy tank. My LFSs realized most people are part of PBMAS and most people in PB<As have huge red caps, so they don't carry any most of the time. This is because if you asked around on the PBMAS.org boards someone will get you a frag for next to nothing. But they guy that was doing this lost all his montis to nudis.

Ugghhh! :angry: I cleaned all the pumps over the weekend a swear i got like 100gph more flow now, I have sand getting blow away, with a huge hole right in the middle. I wish i didn't have the yasha atm so i could go BB. I moved the angle of the korilias a bit, hopefull that fixed the problem.

Well the pygmy just snapped! I'm so pissed I've seen it nip the birdsnest three times!!!!!! She's coming out, the bad thing is she'll be a pita to catch adn i don't want to get tird of her! She eats like a pig so there is no way she's starved.

Well i caught that b!tch! She played hard to get but fell for a trick i learned at the LFS. I put a dip n' pour in the tank, she was freaked and swam right into it with out my chasing her into it. She's in the the prop tank until tomorrow when i can take her to the LFS. I'm so sad I have to get rid of her. :tears: I loved her! :wub: Just my luck i get the fish I've always wanted and had bad luck with in the past (Cyanide posioning) and had it thriving and eating well then she eats my damn corals! :angry: I saw her nip at the birdsnest, an acan, and zoanthids all while trying to catch her. I had to pull out a few rocks and only bad thing that happened was the cap snapped off the rock, a little aquamend a super glue fixed that and plus my rocks are about 1" higher up so the coralz get more light! :) I don't know what to do, I just had to get rid of an awesome fish, the tanks gonna be so bare now cause the wrasse hides and the goby just sits there. She was so bright and beautiful. I need a damn replacement that's just a pretty and active! All I can think of is an evil blue damsel or and expensive fairy wrasse that I would drop the $$$$ for but it'll get to big! GRRRR! :angry:

That is such a bummer! I have a ton of corals and my Coral Beauty has never nipped at anything - maybe you could try one of those? I'm a little confused though, you said your wrasse hides all the time? What type of wrasse is it? I've had Six Lines in the past and they were always out in the open. My Coral Beauty is also always out so maybe give it a try??? Damsels are b*tches IMO....

Good luck and your tank is looking great!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugghhh! :angry: I cleaned all the pumps over the weekend a swear i got like 100gph more flow now, I have sand getting blow away, with a huge hole right in the middle. I wish i didn't have the yasha atm so i could go BB. I moved the angle of the korilias a bit, hopefull that fixed the problem.

BB sucks! Execpt in prop tanks...

BB sucks! Execpt in prop tanks...

I fixed the flow problem, all good! :) I love the look of sand and the benefits but not what it does to high flow sps tanks like mine's turning into. Sandstorms suck more than BB tanks imo!

That is such a bummer! I have a ton of corals and my Coral Beauty has never nipped at anything - maybe you could try one of those? I'm a little confused though, you said your wrasse hides all the time? What type of wrasse is it? I've had Six Lines in the past and they were always out in the open. My Coral Beauty is also always out so maybe give it a try??? Damsels are b*tches IMO....

Good luck and your tank is looking great!!!!!!!!!!!

Oopps, just saw your post karen. First off thanks for stoping by! I have a yellow coris, it's out, just not as often as I'd like, tends to stay in the shadows and is super fast when he sees me except when i have a cup of Rod's food! He was out more before the angel went in since the got into a bit of a quarllel the first day the angel wa sin threre. after the angel came out he was swiming around like i own this place now! I like coral beauties but they just seem so big at the LFS, I don't know of any 1 whoes had them nip though. May just leave the fish list as it currently stands, I do want a flasher wrasse of some sort but the coris will probably annoy it. Anywho i threw in some new filter floss to clear up the water and chemi-pure to take care of any nasties.

Wow this is a great tank!

We might have to start some sort of Frag Swap. I live right in Coral Gables, maybe 3 minutes from Morgan at Reef Gardener.

AquaPods RULE!

Nice corals but you couldn't find a monti cap at your lfs? My lfs can't give frags of those away.

LOL, South Florida never has any monti caps. House of Fins had one for like $55, maybe an inch at most.

Archived