Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Wow this is a great tank!

We might have to start some sort of Frag Swap. I live right in Coral Gables, maybe 3 minutes from Morgan at Reef Gardener.

AquaPods RULE!

LOL, South Florida never has any monti caps. House of Fins had one for like $55, maybe an inch at most.

Sweet, are you a member of PBMAS? If not at least join there forums at PBMAS.org, there's a frag swap coming up in January. Also thanks for the complement, if you're ever up my way let me know, may have to give you a few frags and show you the LFSs i hang out at. Also you'd be suprised to know as is everyone else who finds out aswell as alll the LFS owner that I'm a freshman in highschool! Now tanke that into account when you look at my tank! I spen every penny I get on this baby. :)

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet, are you a member of PBMAS? If not at least join there forums at PBMAS.org, there's a frag swap coming up in January. Also thanks for the complement, if you're ever up my way let me know, may have to give you a few frags and show you the LFSs i hang out at. Also you'd be suprised to know as is everyone else who finds out aswell as alll the LFS owner that I'm a freshman in highschool! Now tanke that into account when you look at my tank! I spen every penny I get on this baby. :)

Heh, I'm a junior in high school as well. Good to see that the teenagers bring out some awesome tanks!

I fixed the flow problem, all good! :) I love the look of sand and the benefits but not what it does to high flow sps tanks like mine's turning into. Sandstorms suck more than BB tanks imo!

Yeah you have to sure the stuff that's not to heavy but heavy enough that is won't start a sand storm.

Oh yeah baby! I got a pearlberry today!!!!! $45 for a huge 3" frag with a bunch of brances and some new growth sprouting on the annoying ORA plug. Rang up as $69.95 but the guy gave it to me for $45 since he knows how often I stop in and it was the last one they had and were getting a HUGE ORA shippment in tomorrow, so space was needed. It's mid tank atm sine I didn't want to snap it of and the guy said high up it'll lose it's purpleish blue tips. THe base is the color of a hawkin's just a little greener and thebody is greenish when shaded but that awesome irridescent cream color when the light hits it.

Sorry about no pics guys, I can't get a good one, all of them look washed out, under actinics it glows green! I'll try to get a pic with my crappy camera since I had to give the good DSLR back. :(

Edit: Here you go!

P1010174.jpg

GROW!!!! I am trying to get that thing to take off....Nick, put me on the frag list for that...it's beautiful...

BTW....Your tank is filling up...we need a new FTS soon...(crappy camera or not)...

That's a nice piece! I know how you feel about the camera. I'm horrible at taking pics so nothing ever looks as good as it should.

GROW!!!! I am trying to get that thing to take off....Nick, put me on the frag list for that...it's beautiful...

BTW....Your tank is filling up...we need a new FTS soon...(crappy camera or not)...

FTS coming right up! Just gotta clean the fingerprints and salt off the glass. And suret thing on a frag, how about we figure out a trade when the time comes!

That's a nice piece! I know how you feel about the camera. I'm horrible at taking pics so nothing ever looks as good as it should.

Thanks! I'm pretty good at taking pics, it's just my damn camera. Everything is blurry or washed out!

Thanks! I'm pretty good at taking pics, it's just my damn camera. Everything is blurry or washed out!

Yeah it could be that for me too.

Tanks looking good. Do you have 3 acan colonies?

Yeah it could be that for me too.

Tanks looking good. Do you have 3 acan colonies?

4 one hidded in the back left corner where there is less flow, trying to find a buyer. It's the one that was above the yuma. I also have a frag of lilredneckman's red acan to the right of the purple n' green aussie.

And suret thing on a frag, how about we figure out a trade when the time comes!

Sounds like a plan....we can both grow them out for a few months and I will swap you for some of that sweet Superman Montipora...Now, we both need to be patient and let them grow.....

(chanting very quietly....almost silently....under his breath....."grow....grow....grow....grow....grow....")

Sounds like a plan....we can both grow them out for a few months and I will swap you for some of that sweet Superman Montipora...Now, we both need to be patient and let them grow.....

(chanting very quietly....almost silently....under his breath....."grow....grow....grow....grow....grow....")

Mitch to be honest I could hack like 5 frags off that thing, that's how many branches there are! Leting it grow tough, one frag for you, one for lilredneckman (he can wait), and one to make some $$$ of at the swap in january. Already have the branch picked out for you.

Edit: Mitch the sunset has almost entirely healed over the cut, back is 3/4 covered!

I don't think I will be sending anything North again until Spring....had a bit of a scare today, but all turned out well....Now, if you pick one out for me I will have to just trust you on the right choice!!!!

The Superman needs to grow a while before I will hack it again, but I could do up a frag of some other things just about any time...I got some acros that would make your tank weep....

BUT....I cannot afford the shipping thing for a while....

We got plenty of time to think about stuff like that....my next desire is a hunk of Purple Haze Monti....I just love the encrusters....I now have Appleberry, Sunset, Rainbow and Superman,but the one I think I need next is Purple Haze....

I don't think I will be sending anything North again until Spring....had a bit of a scare today, but all turned out well....Now, if you pick one out for me I will have to just trust you on the right choice!!!!

The Superman needs to grow a while before I will hack it again, but I could do up a frag of some other things just about any time...I got some acros that would make your tank weep....

BUT....I cannot afford the shipping thing for a while....

We got plenty of time to think about stuff like that....my next desire is a hunk of Purple Haze Monti....I just love the encrusters....I now have Appleberry, Sunset, Rainbow and Superman,but the one I think I need next is Purple Haze....

No problem Mitch I can't affor shipping atm either. As for Purple Haze ScottyReef is gonna hack is colony up soon, frags should be pretty cheap since he got the colony for all of $10. PM him to get oin line for a frag, i think only like 3 people want one anyway and he's butchering a huge colony.

Yeah too cold and too much of a weather change.

Yeah, especially for a first time shipper, Mitch will probably get the first frags I ever ship. If all goes well I'll do it again. Mitch is only a 2hr drive or so away so it'll be a nice short trip for the corals.

Hey Nick, Do you dive? Is there any real shore diving up as far as you? We try to go down to Lauderdale by the Sea for the shore diving....maybe by springtime the Bride and I will have to go South again....Drop off frags on the way down and pick up frags on the way back! That's te way to do it....unless you are coming to Orlando at any time soon....or....meet half way someplace.....(wait, you don't even drive yet, do you???? Danmed Junior Reefers!!!!)

Archived