Pod Your Reef

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

My package (or is that YOUR package) was handed to the Postal Worker at my local Post Office at 11:30 this morning. He said the "Birthday Cake" would be there tomorrow by 12:00....Remember, we're not supposed to send liquids through USPS....it was a fragile Birthday Cake I tell ya!!!!

CIMG2082.jpg

Here they are at the Post Office:

CIMG2083.jpg

Please let me know immediately upon receipt...I assume you know how to acclimate properly...if you are AT ALL unsure, please let me know and I can get the info on properly taking care of it...I am fairly assured that the Sunset will give you PE within a couple of hours in the tank...full PE might take a few days to a couple of weeks...I am off tomorrow as well, but will certainly be watching the threads....

The other little frag isn't really fancy or anything, it's all browned out now, but used to be deep purple tipped Monti digi....give it a try and see if you can color it up...it was really pretty before it went through a tough time and browned out....but that's another story for another time....and, Hey, it's a freebie!!!

Let me know if there are any issues.

Thanks,

Mitch

Sweet, can't wait. I hope the digi colrs up.

As for christels stuff it won't be here until saturday! :( She couldn't get out of work in time, no biggie tho, I get another freebie. I don't get to know what it is, I hate suprises!

Now to the long awaited pics!

FTS as of 11-24-08

PB240415.jpg

Yasha

PB240428.jpg

PB240433.jpg

PB240435.jpg

PB240436.jpg

PB240438.jpg

PB240439.jpg

All the Fishies! :D

PB240407.jpg

New Cap

PB240405.jpg

New Blue Zoanthids

PB240399.jpg

Green Ric

PB240398.jpg

Prism Favia

PB240400.jpg

More Pics to come! :D

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang. People must have thought you were crazy taking picks of a box everywhere! :lol: That box is huge for one frag. You can't ship liquids through usps? I just shipped some cheato in a bubble mailer with water and didn't say anything about it.

That's the ticket, just don't say anything, but if you read the poster on the wall giving the requirements for packaging and prohibited items, one is liquids....so you just say nothing and count on your bagging. Mine is always triple. That box is 7" X 7" X 7". It's actually the smallest styrofoam lined boxes I could find. Perfect for 2 frags.

I went to a quiet neighborhood Post Office to send it, nobody paid me any attention snapping the pic.

I trust you will be pleased with the packaging. I always try to do things the way I would be pleased to see them done for me. As long as nobody just crushes that box it should be perfect.

Let me know,

Mitch

I trust you will be pleased with the packaging. I always try to do things the way I would be pleased to see them done for me. As long as nobody just crushes that box it should be perfect.

Let me know,

Mitch

Yeah, lets hope they don't play soccer with it! I've ordered corals from Prop and Morgan (Reef godess) both of them arrived fine, shipped in a styrofoam cooler, heat pack and crumble newspaper or packing peanuts for padding. frags were double bagged.

I know what you mean with the doing things the way you'd want other people to do them for you. my dad just sold my 13ft boston whaler (never used it, didn't need 2 boats) he warned everone the engine had issues, the axle was a bit rusted on the trailer, and the trolling motor was busted (hit a dock at a decent clip, i wasn't driving tho. ;) ). The guys coming to pick it from GA, we told him the trailed ay not hold up that long, my dad said if it busts it's not my fault, you were warened. it should be fine though, we trailed it up to titusville to fish the lagoon. Theres pics of that a few pages back.

When the box gets there, cut the shipping label off the top then just cut the tape, lift the styro and there will be a heat pack in a bag, then peanuts, then bags...I TRIPLE bag with the good frag bags.

Everything should do great. The materials all came from a pro. I suggest tucking the box away. It will be real good for shipping in again....

When the box gets there, cut the shipping label off the top then just cut the tape, lift the styro and there will be a heat pack in a bag, then peanuts, then bags...I TRIPLE bag with the good frag bags.

Everything should do great. The materials all came from a pro. I suggest tucking the box away. It will be real good for shipping in again....

yeah I'm deffinatly keeping the box!

Thet're fine, pics are taking forever to load to photobucket. Sorry for the wait, but yeah they're doing great, getting some PE already!

Thet're fine, pics are taking forever to load to photobucket. Sorry for the wait, but yeah they're doing great, getting some PE already!

Now I can relax...PE just an hour or so out of the box...I will say it again...HAPPY CORALS!!!!

Looking forward to the pics...And even more so, looking forward to that frag growing like w eed in your tank...

Mitch

What's PE? Phys Ed?

I think Nick is paying me back for the tease pictures of the box, and the Post Office and stuff....now I will pay for keeping HIM waiting!!!! :D:huh:

What's PE? Phys Ed?

Not this sh!t again! It stands for polyp extension.

Pics Finally!

Sunset

PB260532.jpg

Digi

PB260533.jpg

Birdsdnest fraging gone wrong!

PB260534.jpg

What was supposed to happen

PB260537.jpg

Duncan frag and the other piece of birdnsnest that fell off

PB260535.jpg

Yes I did finally did frag the duncan!

That's all for now, now to update the other thread!

VERY nice...One suggestion...get the Sunset positioned so that there isn't a big shadow over the whole side of it...If you have epoxy putty for mounting, use a ball of it sandwiched with frag glue to lift the tile up to a flat position...the light starved parts will not do well....

What do you mean "Not this sh!t again! It stands for polyp extension."? What happened to the birdsnest?
Maybe someday next week when I get a chance. What does FTW mean?

Come on newb... FOR THE WIN!!!

Next week... What the hell??? TONIGHT!!!

That's what I mean! I tried to get a very small frag of the birdsnest, I used some cutters and applied to much force and snapped it in half. At least it'll grow faster now!

VERY nice...One suggestion...get the Sunset positioned so that there isn't a big shadow over the whole side of it...If you have epoxy putty for mounting, use a ball of it sandwiched with frag glue to lift the tile up to a flat position...the light starved parts will not do well....

Yeah, I know, I'll do that in a minute, still kinda busy.

Archived