inTank Media Baskets

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

lilredneckman
Nice job!

Thanks! I have been bugging him to just let me try and see what it turn out like. And i got this on my first try.I would do the same w/ my tank but its hard with the rocks i have.

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks! I have been bugging him to just let me try and see what it turn out like. And i got this on my first try.I would do the same w/ my tank but its hard with the rocks i have.

I've found out some people are good at aqua scaping and some not. I'm for sure not! It also depends on the rock you have.

Nick's Reef
That for sure is percect. No more resacping!!! I like the placement of the duncan.

yep, no more rescaping.

lol thanks, i did all the work, he just handed me corals and i placed them.

that's true!

Nick's Reef

Well setting up the prop tank got me in the mood to frag stuff, so I cut 3 rics in half and made a 2 head frag of my red aussie acan (using weetie and biblesue's method). All of the frags are in the sandbed healing and will go into my prop tank after it cycles.

lilredneckman
Well setting up the prop tank got me in the mood to frag stuff, so I cut 3 rics in half and made a 2 head frag of my red aussie acan (using weetie and biblesue's method). All of the frags are in the sandbed healing and will go into my prop tank after it cycles.

Three rics?? dang boy

Nick's Reef
Three rics?? dang boy

yep, but 2 of the frags floated away! i guess i didn't let the glue dry, so only 1 frag will be for sale when it comes time to sell them! :angry:

lilredneckman
yep, but 2 of the frags floated away! i guess i didn't let the glue dry, so only 1 frag will be for sale when it comes time to sell them! :angry:

Can you find out where they went? I have never had luck with just gluing rics, they always slime up over the glue and fly away.

Nick's Reef
Can you find out where they went? I have never had luck with just gluing rics, they always slime up over the glue and fly away.

i FOUND 1, AND IT ATTACHED IT'S SELF to a shell.

Sorry, I hit caps lock instead of shift and messed this whole sentence up. :lol:

lilredneckman

Well thats good, My green ric finished splitting so i cut the rock in half. of my rics split in 2 days! Thats crazy.

I put up some pics of my goby. Check em out.

Nick's Reef

Well I decided on what fish I'm getting, a Bangaii Cardinal, I used to have one long ago in this tank but took him due to overstocking. Then he was then placed in my dad's 75 where he was very happy until a few months ago when his female tomato clown and flame angel started "owning" the tank. They would nip at his fins and stress him out, he would hide al day in my dad's xenia forest or behind rocks. I felt sorry for him so he is now going to my tank. I wanted a calm fish that would be out in the open so he is perfect. i'll have pics as soon as he gets cofortable.

Nick's Reef
I've had mine for a while, great fish!!!

Yeah, but he's a bit big, and the anthias moves so fast and spooks him. So i'll probably only keep him a few months.

Nick's Reef

Well ima gonna get the cardinal fish out soon, he intimidates the anthias and is huge! Hopefully he'll be an easy catch.

Nick's Reef
That didn't last long...

Yep, he's alomost full grown and freaks the anthias out, he's out all the time (cardinal) but is kinda boring and sits in one place.

Yep, he's alomost full grown and freaks the anthias out, he's out all the time (cardinal) but is kinda boring and sits in one place.

Yeah they can be boring but the look amazing!

Nick's Reef

I'm so excited!!!!!!!! i went to the lfs to get water and maybe a coral and ended up getting a male yasha!!!! he's really small, no more than 1 1/2" long and wasn't shy at all! I have pics of him and the big arse cardinal that are soon to come. :D

Nick's Reef
Agreed, Very nice!!!

thanks everyone!!! he's Really scared looking right now, and is sitting on a rock, hopefully he'll find ms. yasha and hook up.

Nick's Reef

Well, the new yasha is alive and well, he made a hole in the back left corner of the tank, but I can still see him. i'm not worried about him not eating as all the uneaten food floats his way. hopefully he'll find the female soon! :D

Archived