Pod Your Reef

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef
Hey i dont think ima be able to help you with your scape this weekend. Bro is comin home.

that's fine, i tested the ammonia and it's till at .50ppm. I did a wc after i tested so it should com down.

that's fine, i tested the ammonia and it's till at .50ppm. I did a wc after i tested so it should com down.

I love your tank....I have larger tanks but decided to a nano and picked out an Aquapod 24. I will be setting it up this weekend. Looking at yours just makes me salivate..........( B)

Nick's Reef
I love your tank....I have larger tanks but decided to a nano and picked out an Aquapod 24. I will be setting it up this weekend. Looking at yours just makes me salivate..........( B)

Thanks! It will look even better w/ the new scape, i'm going for the cove look with a cave in the middle. :D

Ocho Cinco

Yeah aps are COOL. I have one too, check out the thread!

Nick. How do you have ammonia?

Nick's Reef
Nick. How do you have ammonia?

not in the ap24 ocho i'm cylcing 12 lbs of dry fiji rock in a ten gallon that I'll use a a qt when i get the rocks out. I just tested the ammonia again and it's really hard to tell if it's 0ppm or .25ppm it should be cyled by next week so i'll rescape next weekend when lilredneckman can come over and help me. (i could do it myself but i've got wood floors in my room and my dad would kill me if it warped, and i'll need a couple rubbermaid tubs to hold the coralz in while i mess around.)

Nick's Reef

well i just got my E-mail from john at reefcleaners.org and he says that i don't need any more cuc! Just to show that this guy ain't gonna sell ya something ya don't need! I've just got annoying coraline growing on the glass that is a pita to scrape.

Nick's Reef

well i rescaped by myself and i didn't get the cove look but more of a mountain. i really like it and it gave me a good amount of more room, i couldn't find a spot for the yellow polyps tho and will have to get rid of them. I did got to the lfs today and traded in 2 frags of yellow polyps and 2 heads of trumpet and got some nice bullseye shrooms. then i went to another lfs that i really didn't think too much of the guys who worked there and guess what! the got fiered and one of myn buddys from the other lfs is the manager and he's really fixed the place up, I bought some aogs from him. :D

P.S. new pics up as soon as everyone opens up, and the geo went through the whole ordeal very well and is out cruzin for food.

Nick's Reef

Full Tank Shot

P3180001.jpg

Rics

P3180003.jpg

P3180005.jpg

P3180013.jpg

Acans

P3180011.jpg

P3180012.jpg

P3180020.jpg

Zoos/Palys

P3180022.jpg

P3180015.jpg

P3180009.jpg

P3180008.jpg

Yumas

P3180004.jpg

Blastos

P3180010.jpg

Duncan

P3180017.jpg

Yashas

P3180019.jpg

Geo

P3180018.jpg

Nick's Reef
Nice! The new scape makes the tank look fuller!

Thanks! i think it does look fuller, cause it is, almost 90% of the sandbed is covered up with rocks. I just need one more rock in the cak left and it will be perfect.

Nick's Reef
looks great! I love it

thanks

Like the new scape and the Geo! everything looks great. What are you feeding the Geo?

Thanks, i'm feeding the Geo PE mysis. I've tried all other frozen foods but he seems to only like mysis.

it looks great Nick! what LFS do ya go to? I usually go to Oceans Below or Tanks a lot and also Marks Ark..so many more lol

the yumas are meh favorite and the yashas and geo are to cool :D

Nick's Reef
it looks great Nick! what LFS do ya go to? I usually go to Oceans Below or Tanks a lot and also Marks Ark..so many more lol

the yumas are meh favorite and the yashas and geo are to cool :D

Thanks! I usually only go to Oceans Below and Unda the Sea since Rob and James give me great deals on stuff and are really freindly and helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
lilredneckman

Dude...Guess what.....................

I just got a 100g tank for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tank only

Nick's Reef
Dude...Guess what.....................

I just got a 100g tank for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tank only

You suck! Hey, if you set it up can i buy you a trio of anthias since my dad won't let me buy him some? And no not borbs just plain ol' lyerytails.

lilredneckman
You suck! Hey, if you set it up can i buy you a trio of anthias since my dad won't let me buy him some? And no not borbs just plain ol' lyerytails.

lol sure! I love anthias!

Nick's Reef
lol sure! I love anthias!

Hey, also are you taking down the 55 then cause I may take it and the stand. :D

lilredneckman
Hey, also are you taking down the 55 then cause I may take it and the stand. :D

lol its a possibility

Nick's Reef
lol its a possibility

forget it, my dad said he'd kill me if he came home and the 55 was in my room! He says we don't need another big tank and I just thought about what would happen if the sump overflowed onto the $1000 wood floors!

Archived