SaltCritters.com

Nick's 24 Gallon Aquapod

Nick's Reef

Nick's Reef
I paid an arm and a leg for my rainbow aussie.....The only neonish green acan lord Ive ever seen is the one I bought thats from japan.....Thats why I had to buy it...

I think I need to refrase that statement, I need to find one that I canpay for!!!! I found a rainbow about 3 months ago that was $250 for 6 polyps and at the lfs that I got the last one at the had a HUGE green and purple one for $300 but they wouldn't cut it because the just had got it. I really would take any acan that has a nice dark green tint in it. I'm also looking for a deep redish one, my lfs has one in the display they'll sell for $120 but I think it's a bit much for that certain piece. They also have an awesome teal and red on thats indo but they won't give it up!

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick's Reef

Well when Reef Godess posted a pic of this ricordea I just had to have it. So.........my mom wanted it too and bought it for me (I MUST pay her back with a frag of my yumas). So here's a the pic she posted.

Soon to be mine!

Ricfromreefgardener.jpg

lilredneckman

Sweet. Dude i screwed up my neck again! Like i cant turn my head and i am going crazy! I got 2 hrs of sleep last night.

Nick's Reef
Sweet. Dude i screwed up my neck again! Like i cant turn my head and i am going crazy! I got 2 hrs of sleep last night.

What did you do?

Well when Reef Godess posted a pic of this ricordea I just had to have it. So.........my mom wanted it too and bought it for me (I MUST pay her back with a frag of my yumas). So here's a the pic she posted.

Soon to be mine!

Ricfromreefgardener.jpg

NICE!!!! How many heads does it have? What did it cost you? What do they charge for shipping?

Nick's Reef
NICE!!!! How many heads does it have? What did it cost you? What do they charge for shipping?

It's either two or three heads and cost $39.99, I'm so close to them that I may do local pick up. I think shipping outside of the southern part of the US is like $55, if I decide to have it shipped (which probably will happen due to gas prices) it will cos me $25

lilredneckman
It's either two or three heads and cost $39.99, I'm so close to them that I may do local pick up. I think shipping outside of the southern part of the US is like $55, if I decide to have it shipped (which probably will happen due to gas prices) it will cos me $25

Where are they located?

Soon to be mine!

Ricfromreefgardener.jpg

Very nice.

I'd love to get some rics from her, but I just can't afford it right now.

I can't wait to see this one in your tank!

Nick's Reef
Where are they located?

Coral Gables, it's just north of Miami.

Very nice.

I'd love to get some rics from her, but I just can't afford it right now.

I can't wait to see this one in your tank!

Yeah I can't wait to see it in my tank either!

Nick's Reef

Well I got bored and picked up the camera, here's what I got.

Yuma

P2050077.jpg

I Took this with flash and it really made the colors pop, it's so hard to get a good pic of hoe purple it is.

Blasto

P2050079.jpg

I moved it up near the duncan and it seems to like it alot. It's also far enough away from the duncan so it has some room to grow onto the rocks.

Rics and Cleaner

P2050080.jpg

Duncan

P2050082.jpg

This guy get's HUGE when the lights come on, it used to be so tiny when it was in the sand!

Hungry Acan

P2050084.jpg

Whammin' Watermelons

P2050085.jpg

These are by far my favorite morph of zoos.

New Zoos

P2050086.jpg

Pink Palys

P2050089.jpg

Yellow Polyps

P2050090.jpg

Really Nice Zoos

P2050091.jpg

These guys are slowly coming back from getting stung to death by the hammer.

Rics and Acan

P2050093.jpg

Little Hermit

P2050097.jpg

For 3 heads that's not bad, $21.663333333333333333333333333333333333, per ric. The shipping always kills you!!!!!!!

Nick's Reef
For 3 heads that's not bad, $21.663333333333333333333333333333333333, per ric. The shipping always kills you!!!!!!!

Yeah but I'm so close that 2nd day will get there in 1 day so it was only $18.

Nick's Reef

Well the rics from Reeef Gardener should be here either wed or thur, I can't wait! I already know where exactly to put it! :D

Well the rics from Reeef Gardener should be here either wed or thur, I can't wait! I already know where exactly to put it! :D

Yeah you can put them back in the mail and send them to me!!!!!!!!

Nick's Reef
Yeah you can put them back in the mail and send them to me!!!!!!!!

Hells no!!!!!!!!!!! Them is mine mine all mine!!!!!!!!! :haha::P

Nice pics and I love the rics! I have the same Duncan and it has gotten huge as well. Has yours started multiplying yet? I now have eight babies and it keeps growing, and growing, and growing...

Nick's Reef
Nice pics and I love the rics! I have the same Duncan and it has gotten huge as well. Has yours started multiplying yet? I now have eight babies and it keeps growing, and growing, and growing...

Thanks! My duncan has grown about 5 baby heads and just keeps making more!!!!!

Wow Nick.. That is impressive work... I have just started up my 24 gallon Aqupod... 2 weeks into Cycle... Did I understand Correctly that you are running the filtration with 1 sponge... are you just setting your elite on top of the bottom sponge.... I have on order a sub halogen to try to mod 1st chamber for chatoe... anyway you could post some pics of your back chambers that I could use as a ref... This is my 2nd tank have a custom 7 gallon that is about 90 days in got hooked and am just trying to pull in as much info as I can over the next 5-6 weeks of the cycle to be ready to start getting some life in there.... Great post

I thought I read on here you talking about your Duncans. Are they fast growers? It seemed to me like you said you have a lot of baby heads. Unless it was someone else. I want to get some, but there usually a lot around here.

Not to highjack but I added a single duncan two weeks ago and now there are 4 more babies on it.

Nick the tank looks great. Can't wait to see your new ric's!

Archived