Pod Your Reef

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

Needreefunds

B)

Shots look great already, Yay for new Cam!

And we get to enjoy you playing with it. :)

:huh::o

....just let that one go will ya?, Kthnx.

Wow Weetie that is taking some sweet pics you must be having a blast with it.

Yep!!

It actually has an "aquarium" setting on it, as well as an "underwater" setting that can be used if you buy a waterproof casing for it.

I'm taking it to BibleSue's house for the weekend and hope to get some good pics there.

Also got some good pics of my 2 yr. old "helping" me make coffee this morning, may post one later. :happy:

I always like looking at your tank, Weetabix, it gives me something to shoot for! Keep up the inspiration.

Edited by Jusiko
I always like looking at your tank, Weetabix, it gives me something to shoot for! Keep up the inspiration.

Wow, thanks a lot!!!

You wouldn't believe how much of it is "thrown together", it's just that most of the organisms and live rock are stock that I've had for a while so they're stable and healthy.

travisurfer

looks great weetie. i have the same type of mushrooms that dopamine gave you. they seemed to have more color under lower light if that helps at all. mmmm.. i made cookies today too. :D

OMG you can see its intestines! You could watch it digest the aptaisia through that viewing window!!

I know, isn't that CRAZY???

Those shots are from the underside of it, if you can't tell. I had just put the Nudi in BibleSue's tank to take out a couple of her aiptasia while I'm in here, and it was cruising around the top of her tank right at the waterline. I just grabbed my camera and started shooting since it was right there. Didn't even have any tank lights on, just shot with the flash and ambient room light.

I am LOVING this new camera!!! I'll post another pic or two of the Berghia in a bit.

Here's a shot of the Pink Yuma I got from dshnarw a little while back. It's been getting a green "grass" plant growth on it that I actually kind of like. It hasn't been growing out of control or anything so I haven't worried about it just yet.

IMG_0048.jpg

Some Bam-Bam's and one polyp of Nuclear Greens that grew onto the bottom of the aquarium. More "grass" in the background.

IMG_0049.jpg

Another shot of the Brain showing the unusual plating growths on the side of it.

IMG_0050.jpg

OMG Weetie Im big time impressed where do I go to get a good deal on this camera? So much better than mine and mine is still new enough I can probaly sell it.

OMG Weetie Im big time impressed where do I go to get a good deal on this camera? So much better than mine and mine is still new enough I can probaly sell it.

sometimes its all about the photagrapher. my gf showed me how to use mine and wow, my camera is 10 times better than i thought it was. my latest discovery.. MACRO and SUPER MACRO buttons lol.. nice.. and that i can zoom in til its blurry, and the camera will fix it for me after the shot. i used to stop once it got blurry on the view screen, now its a big blob and i click, walla.. perfect pic.. i've been posting pics thur her camera online lately, b/c my cord to the CPU (to upload from my camera) is at my parents house.. somewhere.. (great...) hope to post some soon tho. (btw, i have a olympus FE-280 w/ 8 megapixels)

Yep I seem to have a hard time focusing Im not sure if my camera is anygood tbh. Its called a Nikkon coolpix L3, you know anything about that one. Sorry for the hijack Weetie Im a real Jackass.

Yep I seem to have a hard time focusing Im not sure if my camera is anygood tbh. Its called a Nikkon coolpix L3, you know anything about that one. Sorry for the hijack Weetie Im a real Jackass.

You're fine bud, no worries.

I'm surprised you'd have a problem with that camera.

Before I got this new camera, all the pics I've been posting were taken on my sister's Nikon Coolpix L1, which is just an older model of what you have. Are you taking pics on the macro setting? (little tulip icon)

I got my camera for $189.99 from WalMart.com.

Nick's Reef

Wow, great pics as usual weetie! I loved the one where you could see the guts of the nudi and the "grass" adds a nice splash of green. If only I could find some good macros that don't grow like weeds!

^^^^^Oooooh, that's ahrty! :D

Do you just have one, or do they multiply?

--Diane

Just have one.

They lay eggs to reproduce. I don't think this one will though. When I got it from the LFS, it was on the bottom of a rock right next to another nudi and there was an egg spiral next to them. In order for it to reproduce in my system, I think it would have to have already been carrying eggs or have another nudi in there with it.

The colours you have captured on your brain are unbelievable!

Yes, I have a colorful brain! :D

Can you tell?

And thanks, but it was the camera not me. All I did was point and shoot.

The colours you have captured on your brain are unbelievable!

+ 1 !!!

Wow, Weetie, all those pics are so fantastic.

So, one nudi controls the Aip population in your tank and can be loaned out at well, eh? That's pretty cool. About how long is it?

--Diane

+ 1 !!!

Wow, Weetie, all those pics are so fantastic.

So, one nudi controls the Aip population in your tank and can be loaned out at well, eh? That's pretty cool. About how long is it?

--Diane

He's actually pretty good sized when stretched out, I'd say at least 2 inches.

I'd also say he's definitely grown since I first got him, I've kept him well fed!!!

I hope we can find him okay when it's time to get him out of BibleSue's tank and take him back to mine. I still have a few more aiptasia I need him to eat.

you getting this new camera seems to be a good thing... your pics are all beautiful, and you take really interesting shots... keep up the good work weetabix

I know, isn't that CRAZY???

Those shots are from the underside of it, if you can't tell. I had just put the Nudi in BibleSue's tank to take out a couple of her aiptasia while I'm in here, and it was cruising around the top of her tank right at the waterline. I just grabbed my camera and started shooting since it was right there. Didn't even have any tank lights on, just shot with the flash and ambient room light.

I am LOVING this new camera!!! I'll post another pic or two of the Berghia in a bit.

Here's a shot of the Pink Yuma I got from dshnarw a little while back. It's been getting a green "grass" plant growth on it that I actually kind of like. It hasn't been growing out of control or anything so I haven't worried about it just yet.

IMG_0048.jpg

Some Bam-Bam's and one polyp of Nuclear Greens that grew onto the bottom of the aquarium. More "grass" in the background.

IMG_0049.jpg

Another shot of the Brain showing the unusual plating growths on the side of it.

IMG_0050.jpg

I like the coral shots. very pretty. You have very nice zoa selections and from what I read, many others have beautiful zoas because of you. cool.

:blush::blush::blush: at everyone's comments.

You guys are sweet.

The truth is, it's the camera, not me. This thing is awesome.

I've never felt particularly inclined to get "into" photography, but this camera sure is inspiring me!

Here's a pic of a frag I got recently from ReeFur. It took 3 days to get to me and most of it died, but if you look closely at the brown lump in the middle, you can see some little polyps on the left hand side. I'd like to note that the loss of most of the frag wasn't ReeFur's fault at all, he did a fine job packing it, it's just that it took so long to get to me.

IMG_0053.jpg