Pod Your Reef

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

Now that is just rubbish! The camera only does what you tell it to. :P

So how come my other camera's never did what I told them to??

Maybe this one's just a good listener! :P

I have no idea.... I'm not a member of the CAB, Camera Abuse Bureau....

schh........ EagleOne, this is MoldyBread........... She's onto us, get out now!

:ninja:

LOL, you two are too much! (I'm with you, Weets. My cam practices selective listening...)

Weetie, it's very cool to see those teeny tiny polyps in that frag from ReeFur--now, just tell me what it's a frag of...

--Diane, coral illiterate

Cloves maybe? And I believe those plating growths are a type of macro algae. I have something similiar in my tank. Are they kind of bendable, or completely stiff?

ETA: Beautiful pics, btw. I especially love the brain - such pretty colors.

Edited by silverdust
I have no idea.... I'm not a member of the CAB, Camera Abuse Bureau....

schh........ EagleOne, this is MoldyBread........... She's onto us, get out now!

:ninja:

Oh no, I'm sorry, it's too late for you now.

Henceforth you shall be known as Bald Eagle and Moldy Toast, for I have at my command the most fearsome force known to man.

Grown men, alienz, and small furry animals tremble at their approach.

They know no limits,

They brook no opposition,

They eat no broccoli.

That's right, they are

The DinoThunderPowerRangerSuperEliteMutantXMutantYMutantZForceofNeverendingDOOM!!!!!!!

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

Eagle One has been dispatched, and your end is near.

The Small One has already released his Ferocious Fart of Fury and I wager that even now your nostril hairs are curling at it's onslaught...

Cloves maybe? And I believe those plating growths are a type of macro algae. I have something similiar in my tank. Are they kind of bendable, or completely stiff?

ETA: Beautiful pics, btw. I especially love the brain - such pretty colors.

You are correct, they are Blue Cloves. I had heard of them but never seen them in person before this, and I was startled by how very tiny their polyps are.

As for the plating growths, I haven't touched them but I strongly suspect they are flexible.

They must also be non-photosynthetic since they were growing in extremely low light.

Verah prittah tank! :lol:

Why thank you sir!!!

I am quite happy with this tank right now.

Every time I get depressed over my troubles with the other one, I just sit down and observe this one for a little while and I feel much better!! :happy:

I just noticed a few days ago that my various Euphyllia are splitting and forming new heads.

I have a Green Torch frag that I've had for at least 1 1/2 yrs. and it has never shown any growth in all that time. I have noticed in the last week that one of the heads is splitting into 3 and I can also see 3 tiny new baby heads growing out of the skeleton stalk as well.

I have a 1 head purple torch that I've had for almost as long, and it is now splitting into 2 heads.

My single head Frogspawn head has developed a second mouth and looks like it is splitting as well.

I feel relatively certain that this new growth is due to a higher level of dissolved organics in the tank.

I have had no fish for many years until January of this year, and then I added the Ocellaris Clown and Yellow Coris Wrasse within a fairly short period of time.

And now I am suddenly seeing an explosion of growth!!!

Sexy Shrimp

A little nitrate can be good ;) It could also be trace elements being added from the fish food that wasn't there before.

Plus you oscellaris could help - mine now actively feed my hammer. And its getting huge!

Yours is one of my top 3 tanks on the forum I think!

Eagle One has been dispatched, and your end is near.

The Small One has already released his Ferocious Fart of Fury and I wager that even now your nostril hairs are curling at it's onslaught...

EagleOne!!! It's MoldyBread, talk to me!!!!

........ *cough* *cough*....... What's that smell........*hack* *weeze*..... EagleOne..... The DinoThunderPowerRangerSuperEliteMutantXMutantYMutantZForceofNeverendingDOOM!!!!!!! were too powerful...... *hacking cough*...... I think they ate chili.................... MoldyBread.... out................................

IMG_0366.jpg

I love how the little one can't stay in character! :D

Wow, those are tiny looking cloves--and so blue. I look forward to progress shots of that one!

I'm glad your euphyllids are taking off and your speculation about the fish effect makes lots of sense to me.

--Diane

Needreefunds
EagleOne!!! It's MoldyBread, talk to me!!!!

........ *cough* *cough*....... What's that smell........*hack* *weeze*..... EagleOne..... The DinoThunderPowerRangerSuperEliteMutantXMutantYMutantZForceofNeverendingDOOM!!!!!!! were too powerful...... *hacking cough*...... I think they ate chili.................... MoldyBread.... out................................

:lol:

I love how the little one can't stay in character! :D

Wow, those are tiny looking cloves--and so blue. I look forward to progress shots of that one!

I'm glad your euphyllids are taking off and your speculation about the fish effect makes lots of sense to me.

--Diane

Actually, that's VERY in character for the little guy!

He's not quite sure how he's supposed to do ninja moves, so he improvises a lot!

I really hope the cloves pull through and really take off. I've never had these kind of cloves before, so I don't know what to expect as far as growth rates, etc.

I just got home from being gone for 5 days, and this tank is looking AWESOME!!!!

I need to go away more often!

Hubby makes a great tanksitter. :happy::happydance:

Those little cloves really had an incredible recovery while I was gone, and I can see a minimum of 20 polyps out now. They look like a tiny, little delicate field of purplish blue lace, very pretty.

Everything looks very happy, it looks like the kind of reef tank that I always envisioned having when I got into this crazy game many moons ago.

I'll try to get pics later.

Alrighty folks, hope you're ready for another onslaught of pics.

First, we have the obligatory FTS. The first pic is taken with flash, the second with no flash.

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

I just put a 150w MH retro fixture with a Phoenix 14k bulb over this tank, which is why the pics look so blue with no flash. I've noticed that pics taken under Phoenix 14k with no flash actually look more blue than it looks in real life. The reality is that the color is probably halfway between the flash and no flash pics in person.

Now here's a pic from today of the beautiful blue cloves I got from ReeFur. As you can see, they are doing MUCH better. This pic is with no flash and is pretty true to the real life colors.

IMG_0538.jpg

The next shots are all of the central area of the tank, but from different angles. The first is with flash, the last two with no flash.

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

The long stalked cloves with the neon green centers are a favorite of mine, I got them from C7 several months ago when she was forced to break down her tank. I've had a heck of a time capturing the true color of their centers on film and this is the closest I've gotten.

The Monti with the orange polyps on the right is a frag that I got from dshnarw. The polyps really do kinda glow an intense neon peach like in the no-flash pics, and it has an orange base that seems to be it's natural color as opposed to something that is bleached out.

The bottom right section of my tank, with Brain Coral, Blasto Merletti, a small furry Fire and Ice frag, and a purple mushroom or two:

IMG_0552.jpg

Another close-up of my mushroom garden, with Pink Yuma, Purple Mushrooms, "Grass", and Red Macroalgae in the foreground:

IMG_0561.jpg

This is a close-up of my Kenya Tree. I know they're considered a "basic beginner coral", but mine is so large and lacy looking that I think it really adds something to the look of the tank.

IMG_0570.jpg

Needreefunds

Wow, that is looking sweet Weet!

And it looks like your lovin' that new cam too! ( prolly caught that from Daniel :lol: )

I bet looking at this one really feels good after all the struggles the past couple months, good for you.