inTank Media Baskets

Weetie's Aquatic Ramblings & Lounge

Weetabix7

personally i like number 2 but i would try for some other blasto shots. There might be alot of brains but how many clownfish do we see in contests and they always seem to win!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some pics I took today.

RSCN2405.jpg

Yet another shot of my Blasto Merletti. I keep putting shots of this one up cause it photographs so well. I think it actually looks better in the pic than in real life!

The next shots are of a couple of corals that are only in here temporarily. I've had to shuffle a lot of stuff around after my prop tank crashed.

DSCN2364.jpg

Purple Polyp Yellow Monti from Nano-Paul. This is my favorite piece that I got from him for Christmas, and it's weathered all of the prop tank problems quite well as you can see.

DSCN2363.jpg

This is my Blue Polyp Purple Monti Cap. It faded some due to the recent stress but I think I'll be able to bring it back without too much trouble.

I just want to say I want your Blasto Merletti. That is one of the most stunning pics that I have seen on this site in long time. My vote is for your pic of it in post #179

I just want to say I want your Blasto Merletti. That is one of the most stunning pics that I have seen on this site in long time. My vote is for your pic of it in post #179

Wow, thanks!!!

I think I'm gonna go ahead and enter that one in the photo contest.

There's some pretty good ones in the contest though, so I'm not sure I expect to win.

I'm gonna do it for the fun of it though.

Beautiful pics, of course. Love the new Avatar! It's a winner. Keep it.

This one (#3) from first post, is my favorite. Good composition and diversity. Nice shot.

DSCF0136.jpg

Beautiful pics, of course. Love the new Avatar! It's a winner. Keep it.

This one (#3) from first post, is my favorite. Good composition and diversity. Nice shot.

DSCF0136.jpg

You really like the new av better?

I was actually just doing it as a temporary thing for lgreen and was gonna go back to the previous one.

You think I should keep this one instead?

I REALLY like your new av too, btw, meant to say that on your tank thread.

You really like the new av better?

I was actually just doing it as a temporary thing for lgreen and was gonna go back to the previous one.

You think I should keep this one instead?

I REALLY like your new av too, btw, meant to say that on your tank thread.

Yes, I do like it better. It's cute, and according to my AV, "I like pretty things" ;)

I did a whole bunch of work on this tank the other day, and discovered a couple of interesting things that I didn't even know were in here!

I was moving my Brain Coral and discovered what looks like a really cool macroalgae on the side of the hard skeleton. They're a pretty red color and are kind of mushroom shaped, like those fungi you see growing on the side of trees in the forest. I'm hoping to be able to get a good pic of them to post when I get my new camera.

I also learned an interesting thing about my Yellow Coris Wrasse. I'm gonna sound like a total n00b saying this, but I didn't know until a few days ago that they were supposed to have a sandbed to sleep in. My tank is barebottom, and the wrasse hasn't seemed to have a problem with this. This morning I discovered that he's been sleeping under the bottom of one of my pieces of LR, wedged between the bottom of the tank the rock. If I hadn't known better, I would've thought he was dead!

I'm supposed to be getting some Blue Cloves and Rhodactis Mushrooms in today to put in this tank. I'll try to post pics of them as soon as I'm able!

InTr4nceWeTrust
Here's a pic of my Berghia Nudi floating in his bag in the sump:

DSCN2280.jpg

Isn't he cool looking?!!

I moved him into my 5.5g quarantine tank, which is my only healthy tank at the moment. I made sure to put him in right next to 3 aiptasia. He must have been hungry, cause I swear he immediately POUNCED on one of them!!! It was the coolest thing to see, like something out of a nature documentary.

These pics aren't quite as clear, but here's pics of him munching his dinner:

RSCN2296.jpg

RSCN2295.jpg

older post, but thanks for this. i got a little aiptasia and that is the coolest looking thing I've ever seen . i'm gonna call the LFS tomorrow to see if they have any.

My goodness L, I LOVE your shots!!!!

RILLY??? :blush:

Well here's some more!!!

These were taken with my brand new Canon Powershot A720 IS that I got in the mail today. I'm still figuring out the cam and hope that as I better learn how to use it, I'll get even sharper pics, but here's today's offerings:

canonpics053.jpg

These are some mushrooms I just got in a trade with dopamine. They look even cooler and prettier in person but I'm having a hard time capturing all the colors in a pic yet.

canonpics056.jpg

This is the side of the skeleton of my Brain Coral. I took it to show the cool mushroom shaped red growths that I just found on the side of it. Does anyone know what these are? I've never seen them before.

canonpics060.jpg

This is just a close-up shot of my biggest piece of LR in this tank. I wanted to show the really cool thick plates of coralline that I have on it. There's also one or two baby aiptasia for the Berghia Nudi to munch on!

SWEET! see I get that in my pics too. makes them look white where is really more blue and grey. I feel like a lot of people do post picture editing on their computers to tone down the whites and make them pop more.

I also get some of those growths. You are talking about the purple flakes right? i get them off the edge of my GSP.

awesome nudi, btw. I love witnessing things like that. Its like getting tunnel vision and you forget about everything around you.

Great pics and interesting to boot!

A while back, someone else & I had shroom like growths we concluded were some kind of plating coralline. Didn't look exactly like yours, though. Whatever it is, it's a cool find! :)

--Diane