• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdare

• glennr1978

• nanoty

• aquakevem

I got the LM3 from Premium Aquatics. They have the best price and they offered me free shipping!

Edited by bdare

They are DEFINITELY worth the investment. LIke Glenn said... now my tank is on auto-pilot. I change 5 gallons of water / week and refill the 2 part containers when they get low.

• 2 weeks later...

SCWD's are JUNK. I got the first one I had replaced by the manufacturer because it rattled during switching. The replacement they sent me just crapped out. Until I can afford another OM 2 way I'm putting in a barbed T.

SCWD's are JUNK. I got the first one I had replaced by the manufacturer because it rattled during switching. The replacement they sent me just crapped out. Until I can afford another OM 2 way I'm putting in a barbed T.

That sucks, I was planning on using one for my CL. I can't afford an OM squirt either so I don't know what I am going to do. I am still looking into the 1" SCWD hopefully it will be better quality.

There are already people who say the 1" sucks. People who have purchased them say out of the box they didn't switch. My advice... save for an OM 2 way. It's like $150.

I think it's really hit or miss with SCWD's. I never have had any problems with mine, granted I haven't used it a whole lot either. I've just noticed alot of threads where people have had similar experinces as you Ben, and alot with people who have never had a problem after a long period of use. Hopefully the 1" will be more dependable.

First, sweet tank you have here. I'm one who (knock on wood) has had no problems with a SCWD. I've had mine running on my 50 since August, '07 without incident.

First, sweet tank you have here. I'm one who (knock on wood) has had no problems with a SCWD. I've had mine running on my 50 since August, '07 without incident.

Thanks for the compliments. I bought mine because of success stories like yours. I guess it just wasn't meant to happen for me. I'm done...

Thanks for the compliments. I bought mine because of success stories like yours. I guess it just wasn't meant to happen for me. I'm done...

It broke because you called me a boner :D . Lol...boner.

I'll soon find out about the scwd for myself. I've got one that I've never used and plan on putting inline with my new return pump. If it else fails, I'll put it on a clay thrower and let my 12 gauge finish the job.

Edited by Shortie
It broke because you called me a boner :D . Lol...boner.

Oh man... I meant to quote nanoty... not you. I edited my post in the other thread!

• 2 weeks later...
Shoot Me_I Explode

Hey bdare, can you tell me how much clearance the EXT-PS-120 needs to remove the collection cup? The inside of my stand is only 24 ½” tall.

Hey bdare, can you tell me how much clearance the EXT-PS-120 needs to remove the collection cup? The inside of my stand is only 24 ½” tall.

I really don't know exactly. It's about to the second joint on my pinky from the top... I picked mine up from oceansaquariums.com. Maybe they have something on thier site?

Looking good there boss!

Thanks bud! I'll prolly post some growth progression pics pretty soon.

Edited by bdare

yeah i got a scwd for my cl too and it crapped out the first day, it stopped switching so after i took it off i shook it and it rattled so it seems more like the newer ones are just crap

i hope the 1" are better, i asked them if i can exchage it for a 1" version and just pay the difference and they said ok so we'll see

i just started moving stuff into my tank so im catching up

Have the PD's sprouted any more polyps?

Yeah dude. Those suckers grow pretty fast. I started with 5 polyps now I'm up to 8-9. Once they start growing off the frag plug they came on I'll be fraggin em. They have lightend up a little bit since I got em. They are still very purple, but I've got them in the middle under the halide. I've been thinking about moving them, but I can't decide on a good spot.

Here's a few other pics I like.

Blasto Hitchhickers:

Picture554.jpg

Picture553.jpg

Crab with feather duster

Picture555.jpg

FINALLY got his picture!!!

Picture532.jpg

Edited by bdare