Cultivated Reef

B-Dare's 40 Breeder

bdare

Obviously my photo skills have gotten WORSE!

Purple Death (5 Polyps)

Picture052.jpg

Lighter with 9 polyps

Picture580.jpg

Lunar Orange Then:

Picture047.jpg

Now:

Picture568.jpg

Green Bali Slimer

Picture099.jpg

Now:

Picture571.jpg

Green Pocilipora

Picture020.jpg

Now:

Picture538.jpg

Green Mili:

Picture046.jpg

Now:

Picture577.jpg

Armor of God / Toxic Greens / Joker Palys

Picture573.jpg

Yellows:

Picture575.jpg

Edited by bdare
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdare

• glennr1978

• nanoty

• aquakevem

Looks great. We are looking at new trucks, I just thought I was broke.

Thanks bud. Way to sneak in a hijack ;)

Here are some teal things someone gave me.

Picture550.jpg

My bad, just thought you'd like to know your pulling away from me again. :angry:

LOL.... You're ALMOST there... Keep your chin up!

Looks good man.

Thanks@!

Yeah... a little. I've been battling an issue with GHA. Not a lot by any means, but I've been running GFO pretty heavy. Also with the LMIII purchase I've only recently got the alk swings under control.

It would swing like 2 dhk in a day. Then I would dump a bunch of Randy's recipie #1 in there to bring it back up which would spike the Ph. I had problems with precip and everything. Things are MUCH more stable now so I'm expecting stuff to start coloring backup.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

A bit of bad news... I was poking around last night. I took a few snails out of my display and stuck em in the sump. While watching them eat the algae of the glass I discovred I have flat worms! I didn't see too many. Just a few. But enough to scare me. They are just the algae eating ones, but I'm going to get rid of them anyway. I ordered some Salifert Flatworm Exit today.

Ben

When it rains it pours... I just got a call from my wife at home that the fish tank was making a funny noise and the floor was VERY wet.

I rushed home to find the sump almost totally dry. I had reduced the gate valve on the skimmer too much causing the skimmer to fill and overflow the skimmate collection cup to the tune of about 6.5 gallons. The noise was my return pump.

glennr1978

I'm sorry Ben, that sucks. You didn't lose any livestock did you? I bet your wife (and you) weren't to happy about the new indoor pool. What about your return pump, is it okay?

No livestock lost. The closed loop is still running just fine. The pump smelled a little funny. I've already replaced 4 gallons. Just enough to turn the pump on to see it's working. Luckily I think everyting in the tank will be OK. Just the carpet I need to worry about... Any my front teeth (in case the wife knocks em out)

I figured this would be a good time to feed the corals. I just dumped 2 capfulls of DT's phyto in the tank. Should give it some good soak time before the skimmer comes back online.

Edited by bdare
glennr1978
No livestock lost. The closed loop is still running just fine. The pump smelled a little funny. I've already replaced 4 gallons. Just enough to turn the pump on to see it's working. Luckily I think everyting in the tank will be OK. Just the carpet I need to worry about... Any my front teeth (in case the wife knocks em out)

I figured this would be a good time to feed the corals. I just dumped 2 capfulls of DT's phyto in the tank. Should give it some good soak time before the skimmer comes back online.

Yeah you gotta watch out for those wives'. Mine's got a decent right hook. I scared the crap out of her one night when i woke her up and she popped me pretty good thinking I was somebody breaking in to the house!!!

glad everything is okay. If you don't already have a shop vac, I think you can rent them from home depot.

Which ones are you talking about?

Is it possible to confuse the two?

edit: I see what he / she is talking about. You have two pics together and the first one is a shroom, but the second looks like a blasto.

Edited by glennr1978
Is it possible to confuse the two?

Yeah... cause the 3 blastos are definitely blastos... One slimes when you touch it the other shrink WAY down into thier skeleton.

• 5 weeks later...

Nothing really to update... Just letting stuff grow out and color up. I'll post some pics in the coming weeks.

I love the rock!

Nothing really to update... Just letting stuff grow out and color up. I'll post some pics in the coming weeks.

I love the rock!

Same here. I'm tired of posting pics that look almost identical to the last ones. Since the addition of my ghetto dosing pump system growth and coloring has taken off again. Also, the ACJR is worth the $260 for the ph monitor alone!!! I love that thing, you were right Ben!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dude,

I"ve been having some issues... Last week my PanWorld pump seized up. I opened it up to find out the impeller had fused with the shaft. While trying to get it out, I broke the shaft. Tuesday PanWorld was supposed to drop ship the items to my house. Come to find out they shipped the parts to Premium Aquatics instead. Well... the parts never showed up to Premium Aquatics, so Friday I ordered a new pump from PA. They paid for overnight Saturday delivery, but we forgot to update the shipping address so it came to my job... No one was there. It's supposed to come today.

Right now I've got 4 powerheads in the tank to keep the flow up, but it's still not enough and not hitting all corners of the tank. Once the pump comes today and I get everything setteled down I'll take a few pics to share.

Bottom line... the PanWorld customer service stinks. Someone from thier office was supposed to call me back to give me a shipping quote on Monday. I haven't heard ANYTHING and no one answers thier phones.

Ben