Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

B-Dare's 40 Breeder

bdare

wow sweeeet frags! I'd glue the frags with loc tite gel or crazy glue gel to a piece of rubble and then the rock piece with epoxy to the rockwork. That way you don't have to hold and force the frag to the rockwork until the annoying epoxy dries a lil bit. But if that works out well for you go for it. Just MO :D I love the frags tough. They look very happy and fully polyp extended :) Now lets see them grow! Keep it up

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdare

• glennr1978

• nanoty

• aquakevem

One more. This is acutally Glenn's porites, but I like the photo. I have one mounted in my rockwork.

Picture014.jpg

It doesn't look as happy in my tank as it does in yours. Probably because I had my hands all over it trying to mount it to the LR today. Thanks again Ben, you are the man!!!!

Edited by glennr1978

My wife is gonna KILL me!

When I started this tank I wasn't planning on filling it full of SPS. Now that it's full to the brim I figured I'd need a better skimmer than my Aqua C Urchin. I just placed an order for this baby. What do you think? Anyone want to buy an Urchin?

EXT-PS-120.jpg

Edited by bdare
My wife is gonna KILL me!

When I started this tank I wasn't planning on filling it full of SPS. Now that it's full to the brim I figured I'd need a better skimmer than my Aqua C Urchin. I just placed an order for this baby. What do you think? Anyone want to buy an Urchin?

EXT-PS-120.jpg

That's a honker of a skimmer. Is your old one anything I can use? I don't know squat about skimmers.

FTS with everything mounted. 2 new fish, more CUC and the skimmer should be here this week. There's a chance I might pickup a few blasto frags as well...

Picture003.jpg

Edited by bdare

Got some new stuff today. 12 more ceriths, 1 mexican turbo, 2 emerald crabs, and 2 striped turban snails. It was part of a group buy with someone, but rather than take cash, I took frags.

Picture024.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Purple zoos behind the blue tort

Picture016.jpg

Here's the midas blenny I picked up. I also got a goby, but he's hiding. I've also included some other pics I took...

Picture021-1.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Ric from my tank at work...

Picture012.jpg

Solomon Island blues

Picture025.jpg

Edited by bdare

That's a whole lotta SPS my man. Good luck with the new recirc skimmer. I heard that was a good way to go. I'm waitin to pull the trigger on a new one myself, just haven't decided which one.

Warriors vs. Utah tonight! "WARRIORS!!!!!" (clap, clap) "WARRIORS!!!" (clap clap)

Yeah... It really is a lot of SPS very fast. Honestly, I wouldn't have put them all in there so fast except that I got such a good deal I just couldn't turn away. I'm sure you'd agree for "frags" they are a good size. Each one of them only cost me $10.

The skimmer shipped today from Cali. I'm guessing it will either get here Friday or Monday since tracking information isn't updated yet.

Hey Ben the tank is looking really good. Anything you would change or do differently now that it's going good? Just trying to learn from others mistakes now that I am fixing to start plumbing. I need to pick some pumps and a skimmer. Quiet first, cost second since I think the tank is migrating from the kitchen to the living room.

Overall I'm pretty darn happy. If you are looking for quiet, DON"T buy a pan-world pump. I've also considered doing 2x150 instead of the 250. This is mainly because I ended up with way more SPS than I was originally planning and would like the corals on the edges to get a little bit more light. I think you've seen I also had to redesign my sump and I've ended up buying a better skimmer. In 6 months I'm sure I'll come up with other stuff to tinker with...

Edited by bdare
Looking good Ben!! sorry about your suicidal fish.

Yeah... I'm pretty bummed about the fish. He was really cool and had great personality. The colors in the picture are only what he displayed when he was hiding. After he got more comfortable he became a really nice orangy / yellow. Looked really cool the way he swam.

I'm obviously not getting another midas. Any suggestions on what else I should get?

I don't think you said, how did he jump out......through the back? I was thinking of stapling some mesh across the back to keep that from happening from mine and still allowing airflow.

DOH! No... sorry! Yeah... he got out the back. I thought about putting mesh over the back of my tank too, but I didn't think I had any jumpers in my tank :(

I'd definitely reccomend the mesh!

Alright, you've had pelnty of time to put in those new bulbs. Sooo how do you like them? Also, how is that skimmer working out for you?

Here's a picture of the conch I got with my last order:

Picture061.jpg

And.... I got the skimmer hooked up tonight! No skimmate yet. I assume it's breaking in!

Picture154.jpg

I want a conch...

Edited by glennr1978

I definitley like the aquablue. It brings out the reds more without sacraficing the glow of other colors. The midday is kinda poop.