• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdare

• glennr1978

• nanoty

• aquakevem

2 weeks! Thats enough time for noticeable growth! I demand some SPS pics! :P

HA! You're right! I actually did notice A LOT of new growth and coloration while I was gone.

I'm blessed with an EXPERT tank sitter. He has an AMAZING 120 SPS tank. The colors of his corals are what I dream about in my tank. I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight.

Ben

HA! You're right! I actually did notice A LOT of new growth and coloration while I was gone.

I'm blessed with an EXPERT tank sitter. He has an AMAZING 120 SPS tank. The colors of his corals are what I dream about in my tank. I'll try to post some pics when I get home tonight.

Ben

Lucky you, I go away and come back to a crashed tank. I don't think I am ever going to go on vacation again.

Lucky you, I go away and come back to a crashed tank. I don't think I am ever going to go on vacation again.

It wasn't all roses... When I walked in the door last night, the GFCI was tripped. The temp in my tank was 71 and there was ZERO flow. I turned everything back on... we'll see!

So... before I went on vacation I added 2 Korila 2's which added another 1200 gph total. That puts me around 2600 gph in a 40B or 65X turnover!

Had to one up me huh :D ?? No biggie, I'm at 3500+gph. Take that sucka!!

Just kidding, how does everything look today after the cold dip?

In other news, I tested the ph in my tank with an API test and it read 8.4. I tried to recalibrate my ph probe, but apparently I'm doing it wrong. After calibration it read 7.5. I need to order some more caliration fluid and get this crap right!!

Edited by glennr1978
So... before I went on vacation I added 2 Korila 2's which added another 1200 gph total. That puts me around 2600 gph in a 40B or 65X turnover!

I demand pics of said setup.

apparently I'm doing it wrong.

asplode_Fail.gif

I demand pics of said setup.

In order to help subsidies the cost of my tank I'm now refusing to post pictures without a donation. I take pay-pal, money orders and cash. A minimum contribution of $10 will be accepted.

Edited by bdare
Just kidding, how does everything look today after the cold dip?

In other news, I tested the ph in my tank with an API test and it read 8.4. I tried to recalibrate my ph probe, but apparently I'm doing it wrong. After calibration it read 7.5. I need to order some more caliration fluid and get this crap right!!

HEHE! Everything is looking pretty good. I don't know if it was the changes I made before I left or the husbandry my buddy did while I was gone, but EVERYTHING colored up while I was on vacation with the exception of my orage monti cap which lost a little bit.

Overall I'm VERY happy.

Did you take the rubber cover off the Ph probe? ;)

Seriously... I think it's all about how long you leave it in the solution. You are using 7 and 10 right?

Edited by bdare
HEHE! Everything is looking pretty good. I don't know if it was the changes I made before I left or the husbandry my buddy did while I was gone, but EVERYTHING colored up while I was on vacation with the exception of my orage monti cap which lost a little bit.

Overall I'm VERY happy.

Did you take the rubber cover off the Ph probe? ;)

Seriously... I think it's all about how long you leave it in the solution. You are using 7 and 10 right?

yep, 7 and 10 and waited until both values were stable.

You mean the rubber cap isn't supposed to stay on the whole time!!!!! lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I added some more corals so I thought I'd take some pics (new and old).

New Clam:

Picture1038.jpg

Picture1050.jpg

New Zoos

Picture1039.jpg

Picture1040.jpg

Picture1051.jpg

Picture1061.jpg

Picture1062.jpg

Blastos:

Picture1069.jpg

Picture1071.jpg

Birdsnest:

Picture1043.jpg

Picture1067.jpg

Green Millie:

Picture1063.jpg

Rics:

Picture1092.jpg

Picture1096.jpg

FTS:

Picture1098.jpg

Edited by bdare

Thanks guys! I can't wait for everything to grow out. There are also a few corals I won't post pictures of yet... They need to color up some more.

I forgot to mention I also picked this up today. I got it new from a guy in our club for $300! Not bad considering even with Drs Foster and Smith's sale right now they have it for $335. I'll go pick up the tubing and maybe a pump tomorrow.

Picture.jpg

Ben

Really starting to look awesome!!!!!

Cant wait till it starts to grow it!

Nice chiller! Get the black tubing from Home Depot or Lowes, that way you wont get algae growth in the tubes from any light in the room, which is a major PITA to deal with later, and will cause the chiller to short cycle. It looks better too! I bet a mj 1200 would run that chiller just fine without to much cycleing, especially since its on a 40b. I have the 1/15th on the 37 running with a mj 900 and it works great.

Edited by SeeDemTails

Slight setback... The main unit of my LiterMeter quit working. I had to send it back on Friday. It will be covered under warranty, but I'm back to manual dosing until I get it back. MAN THIS BLOWS! Thank god for technology.

Hey it could have been worse, it could have crashed your tank!

I just dont trust most automated systems after seeing many break on customers tanks. I am all manual!

Hey it could have been worse, it could have crashed your tank!

I just dont trust most automated systems after seeing many break on customers tanks. I am all manual!

I love your tank. And you are very good at taking pictures

I love your tank. And you are very good at taking pictures

Thanks and thanks! Both are still a work in progress.

I've been thinking about swapping out some of my "el jippo" corals for some LE stuff... We'll see. :huh: