• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bdare

• glennr1978

• nanoty

• aquakevem

Whoever did your aquascaping gets a bow from me. Least amount of substrate used means more bacteria room in the sand bed and it's FREAKIN awesome. Your fish are gonna love swimmin! :bowdown:

Looks good, any obvious dead spots though?

Deadspots? There is at least 1600 gph coming out of only 3 / 6 outputs at anyone time... No deadspots here :P

If you want my honest opinion, I'd have to say that your aquascape makes it look like there's too much rock in there. It's hard to give the illusion of open space in the middle of the tank with an overflow, so maybe you might try to make a little mountain of rock covering it that slopes down into one of the corners and makes a cliff at the other edge of the overflow. Then you could leave a little space between that and a shelf or cave of rock in the other corner. Just a suggestion.

Lookin good my friend B)

How good is the flow throughout your tank?

Man... there is almost too much flow. I spent a lot of time playing with the flow after I put the corals in to make sure the LPS wouldn't have their flesh ripped off. It's a good thing I have a 250w light because any LPS in the top half of the tank would get thier flesh ripped off.

I too have a 40g breeder and I love it but its not drilled!!! So needless to say I'm a bit jealous. I am working on a siphon overflow right now, already have the 29g sump created and into my stand! Keep the pics up and running and let us know how those corals are doing this soon in the swing of things!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

The corals haven't been showing their tentacles before I go to bed at night, but they're always open in the morning. Everyone at like pigs on Sunday. I fed most of the Acans and the brain some krill. They loved it and appeared much fuller during the day. I haven’t figured out how to feed the frogspawn yet. I put food on it, but it never seems to take it in.

Ben

Wow... Compliments from the great Cesar! I'm truly flattered. I've been a fan of your tanks since I started checking out Nano-Reef! Seriously. Thanks man!

Wow... Compliments from the great Cesar! I'm truly flattered. I've been a fan of your tanks since I started checking out Nano-Reef! Seriously. Thanks man!

:huh: WOW. Now that's a compliment. Thanks dude. I just read your entire thread and it's fantastic. Great job.

Check these babies out... I just went to look tonight, but when I saw these I couldn't resist. This is them 10 minutes after I put them in the tank. The halide had already gone off for the night. I'll take another picture tomorrow when all the lights are on.

DSCN7205.jpg