Coral Vue Hydros

14g BC w/ 70w Halide Pictures

DeMartini

I buy my RO water from safeway.

Hey D. I've thought about doing the same thing. Do you buy the pre-bottled water or do you get it out of the water machine at Safeway. Also, have you tested it?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeMartini,

I know that you put live rock in the back chamber, is that really the only thing that you've done to alter the stock set-up? It almost seems too simple to be true :D I'm thinking of doing this with the bc29, think it would work?

other people on here have bought skimmers to put in the chamber instead, do you think this would benefit your set up anymore than the live rock?

again, i dont know how you do it, cuz your tank is incredible!

It's that simple. Its all natural filtration. It would benefit you more to have a skimmer because it will pull out the junk in your tank. I'm thinking about getting the sapphire skimmer for my tank. Then I would just fill the first and third chambers with live rock.

Great tank. What do you use to fasten your corals to your live rock?

I only super glue frags to small pieces of rock. Everything else isn't attached to my rock, they are just carefully wedged or stacked on my rocks.

10" Red Devil

Hey your tank is sweet! I got this tank as well. Just got the skimmer. Have to say the only drawback and maybe someone will help with this soon is that you have to lower your water level in the back chamber so low that it causes this huge water fall from the first chamber dumbing into the second chamber and it is muyah noisy!! Hopefully this is fixable.

10" Red Devil
Maybe you could stuff some filter floss or maybe a carbon bag so it slows down the water a bit?

Yeah I thought about that, but that stuff clogs so quickly. But might have to just change it often.

Hey DeMartini. Question. I too have a 14g BC and had a question about the 16.5" 70w Sunpod.

I measured across my tank and its 15". The sunpod is 16.5". Do you have a picture of how much the lighting hangs off the sides?

Also. Does this 16.5" sunpod cover the top of your entire tank? My concern is it being in the way when having to do tank work. How much exposed tank is there available to stick your hand in thru the top?

Also. I was curious to know what you feed your corals and how often?

Thanks in advance. Oh and your tank is the BOMB!

I don't have any pictures right now, but I'll take some in the morning.

The light fixture is only 8 inches wide so whenever I have to work in the tank I just slide it towards the back of the tank. There still plenty of room to work with. I'll take pictures of the light pushed back to show you how much room you have to work with.

I feed my corals a mixture of cyclopeeze, misis, and dt's phytoplankton. I only feed my corals about 2-3 times a week. Some times I just feed my corals left over food after feeding my fish.

thanks for the comments! nothing has really changed. I did buy a new alveopora, so I'll post a picture soon.

Sweet! Can't wait to see!

Allen :)

i think im gonna put your face as my avatar so people look at my threads

Nice freakin tank by the way

i think demartini is a guy and is using old pictures of alyssa milano to get attention :lol:

i think demartini is a guy and is using old pictures of alyssa milano to get attention :lol:

Ewwwww!! Man that's NOT cool... LOL!!

Gorgeous tank!

How long has this tank been running and stocked? Are you still using the stock pump?

Edit: Oooops! I see now. Your first post says "10 months". Do you have an FTS? You know totally full... like including the light above the tank.

Gorgeous tank!

How long has this tank been running and stocked? Are you still using the stock pump?

Edit: Oooops! I see now. Your first post says "10 months". Do you have an FTS? You know totally full... like including the light above the tank.

yes, I'm still using the stock pump. I will post a picture of the whole thing some time soon.

Where'd you go DeMartini??? Now I will visit NR.com only 10 times a day, and not 57 !!

Maybe she is getting a better pic, to better fit her discription? Yea, that must be it!

Archived