Top Shelf Aquatics

14g BC w/ 70w Halide Pictures

DeMartini

I should have said that I'm going to make one. Today I received the tank that I ordered, but it was so scratched up, so I'm returning it for either a new one or another comparable 8 or 9 gallon.

that sux was it an acrylic tank?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oceanic 30g

You guys are killing me. I was trying to take a break from the hobby and now all I want to do is go out and get another tank! I was thinking about the biocube 14 with the oceanic stand. Does anyone have that stand or do you all make your own.

Thanks

Not gonna lie...

Your thank is probably the nicest one i've seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how gorgeous it is!!! PERFECT in my eyes! From the stunning clowns, to the GORGEOUS frogspawn, clam, and coco worm!!!!

Those are true percs correct? Thats what i want to get for my 46g anyways, and i hope they look half as nice as yours!!! Soooo stunninggg!!! :D :D :D What are you feeding them? How long have they hosted the frogspawn, and what tips would you give me on frogspawns??? Im looking into getting a frag from a fellow reefer, and two true percs that i *REALLY* want to host it!!! ;)

Flick

Love the tank. This, and a couple of other BC threads convinced me to get back into the hobby. Just picked up my BC14 at a LFS yesterday and I'm going to set up a GFCI in my living room before I run a wet-test on the tank.

Will start another thread once I've gotten it tested. These are beautiful little tanks even without stock :D

Congrats on an awesome tank! What kind of camera are you using? Your pics look awesome!!!

Keep up the good work! :D

that sux was it an acrylic tank?

yep, It literally looked like they rubbed sand paper in the inside! I have a picture that I sent to nanocustoms, but it's on another computer... even they were surprised how scratched up it was

You guys are killing me. I was trying to take a break from the hobby and now all I want to do is go out and get another tank! I was thinking about the biocube 14 with the oceanic stand. Does anyone have that stand or do you all make your own.

Thanks

thanks! I put mine on top of my dresser.

Not gonna lie...

Your thank is probably the nicest one i've seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look how gorgeous it is!!! PERFECT in my eyes! From the stunning clowns, to the GORGEOUS frogspawn, clam, and coco worm!!!!

Those are true percs correct? Thats what i want to get for my 46g anyways, and i hope they look half as nice as yours!!! Soooo stunninggg!!! :D :D :D What are you feeding them? How long have they hosted the frogspawn, and what tips would you give me on frogspawns??? Im looking into getting a frag from a fellow reefer, and two true percs that i *REALLY* want to host it!!! ;)

Flick

wow!!!! thanks... that is the nicest compliment anyone has ever given me!!

yes, they are true percs. I feed them Mysis shrimp. They hosted the frogspawn as soon as I added it into the tank, which was about a month ago. I think they missed their old frogspawn that I traded in lol so they were excited to get the new one! frogspawn likes moderate flow and they loooove mysis shrimp and cyclopeez.

with clowns hosting... false percs (tank raised) are less likely to host something, but they are hardier than the true percs. true percs are stunning. Clowns will host anything! but I think they like flowy things more. lol... good luck!

Love the tank. This, and a couple of other BC threads convinced me to get back into the hobby. Just picked up my BC14 at a LFS yesterday and I'm going to set up a GFCI in my living room before I run a wet-test on the tank.

Will start another thread once I've gotten it tested. These are beautiful little tanks even without stock :D

thanks! can't wait to see your tank!

Congrats on an awesome tank! What kind of camera are you using? Your pics look awesome!!!

Keep up the good work! :D

thank you! I'm using a canon SD 550

Friskaburger

Thanks

Oceanic - I bought an aquapod so i could just get the open top version with the 70w HQI, but I went ahead and bought the oceanic biocube stand. I bought the larger 29g size cuz the aquapod is a little wider than the biocube 14, but I have to say the stand is pretty nice. It makes the most sense compared to the aquapod and nanocube stands that don't give you a whole lot of room underneath. I'd recommend the biocube stands over the other all-in-one stands personally! :D

Oceanic 30g

Thanks Frisk.

I think that I will buy one of those instead of making something.

I would love to go with an open top, but we have a cat. She likes the fish too much. When I had my 58 rr oceanic, she would jump on the top and stare down at them for hours.

De,

If you already answered this, then I am sorry. Why didn't you go with the smaller biocube for your new tank?

Thanks Frisk.

I think that I will buy one of those instead of making something.

I would love to go with an open top, but we have a cat. She likes the fish too much. When I had my 58 rr oceanic, she would jump on the top and stare down at them for hours.

De,

If you already answered this, then I am sorry. Why didn't you go with the smaller biocube for your new tank?

I didn't want another cube, but nanocustoms sent me a scratched up tank, so I may just go with a nanocube or one of those cadlights.

I think the ceramic rings got loose in transit and scratched it to smitherines. I think we are going to remove the ceramic rings from the tank in teh future and offer it without them. (most people chuck them anyways right?).

Sorry this happened to you.

We have an Mtank here at the shop and its in pretty good shape. It sucks that someones carelessness resulted in a messed up tank.

Chris

I think the ceramic rings got loose in transit and scratched it to smitherines. I think we are going to remove the ceramic rings from the tank in teh future and offer it without them. (most people chuck them anyways right?).

Sorry this happened to you.

We have an Mtank here at the shop and its in pretty good shape. It sucks that someones carelessness resulted in a messed up tank.

Chris

thanks Chris, I really appreciate your kindness, but I think I'm going to go with a another tank... yeah, I was going to throw out the ceramic rings and turn the back into a fuge lol oh well!

Think I can keep a clam in mine? I have 72 watts of PC. Oh, and you tank is looking awesome, especially after the addition of the clam!

Think I can keep a clam in mine? I have 72 watts of PC. Oh, and you tank is looking awesome, especially after the addition of the clam!

Correction - the addition of the "sexy clam"! ;)

itsboosting
heeey... I also work 30 hours a week! lol

do you work at a LFS? :P

I see that you live in san mateo. I used to work in foster city :D

How big is your tank? You may be able to have a lower light clam... not the same as mine.

Correction - the addition of the "sexy clam"! ;)

lol! thats right!

do you work at a LFS? :P

I see that you live in san mateo. I used to work in foster city :D

really? awesome! where do you live. I work at Bank of America in Foster City.

no way!!! where do you live in San Mateo? I live across from Bay Meadows... on the same street as whole foods and golds gym.... By the way I just looked at your tank, I am at awe! your tank is like a box of jewels! so much color! How old are you? you should start a Bay Area nano reef club... I'd join!

one more question. What other fish stores do you go to?

I live in the South Bay but I work in San Mateo and keep my tank in my office. I'll do some searches. I'm sure there must be a nano group somewhere in our area.

Thanks for the compliments on my tank. I really get a kick out of it when other people like what I've done. It's my first tank and I'm pretty psyched with the way it's turned out.

As for LFSs, it's the usual suspects: Ultimate on El Camino, Aquarium Concepts (I think they're in the process of moving to Walnut Creek), Atlantis Aquarium in Hayward (my favorite place for coral). There's Fish4U on Hillsdale but I'm not a big fan. I've also checked out Dolphin Pet Village in Saratoga/Cupertino. Cool place with a killer prop tank. Where do you go?

Same as you! :D

I wouldn't put a clam in there. You can try and see if it will survive. You may be able to keep a derasa clam.

I live in the South Bay but I work in San Mateo and keep my tank in my office. I'll do some searches. I'm sure there must be a nano group somewhere in our area.

Thanks for the compliments on my tank. I really get a kick out of it when other people like what I've done. It's my first tank and I'm pretty psyched with the way it's turned out.

As for LFSs, it's the usual suspects: Ultimate on El Camino, Aquarium Concepts (I think they're in the process of moving to Walnut Creek), Atlantis Aquarium in Hayward (my favorite place for coral). There's Fish4U on Hillsdale but I'm not a big fan. I've also checked out Dolphin Pet Village in Saratoga/Cupertino. Cool place with a killer prop tank. Where do you go?

I'm not crazy for fish 4 U either! I'm planning on checking out Atlantis some time soon... I miss aquarium concepts : (

lol this is my first tank too! I have only been in the hobby for about 10 months.

Needreefunds

You tank is incredible! I found this thread right after Junkitu's. Two really awesome tanks!! Did you two compare notes or what? And your both "new" to this??? If I my tank ever looks half as good I'll be happy! Please keep us updated with your fantastic shots!!

You tank is incredible! I found this thread right after Junkitu's. Two really awesome tanks!! Did you two compare notes or what? And your both "new" to this??? If I my tank ever looks half as good I'll be happy! Please keep us updated with your fantastic shots!!

junkitu's tank is awesome! thanks for the compliment!

Those are fantastic macro shots. I am trying to figure out my Powershot A710IS but I really suck. Nice tank and keep it up.

I will- try a clam that is! Thanks!

remember to get a Derasa because it's a low light clam. I don't know how it will do, but I don't think any other clam will do very well under the lighting you have. good luck!

I'm not crazy for fish 4 U either! I'm planning on checking out Atlantis some time soon... I miss aquarium concepts : (

lol this is my first tank too! I have only been in the hobby for about 10 months.

You've got to go see Ming and the crew at Atlantis if you haven't before. He gets livestock that you just don't see at other LFSs. I assume you've already seen his site: www.atlantisaquarium.net

junkitu's tank is awesome! thanks for the compliment!

:blush:

Archived