Cultivated Reef

14g BC w/ 70w Halide Pictures

DeMartini

Hows the evaporation with the light, I have the same tank and I got the 72w upgrade from nanotuners, but i'm now thinking of going this route (sunpod 70w). By the way your tank is absolutely stunning!!!

I definitely noticed a difference, I make sure that I top off daily.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...Ive stopped drooling long enough to post now :D

How do I get a sexy Clam??? Ive got a maxima...but its not sexy to me at all.

:slap:

J/J...I take it thats a new classification that you have come up with right??

Ok...MY clam now will be known as Bad to the Bone Clam...no longer Chameleon Clam.

Very nice additions B)

Izzue

Ok...Ive stopped drooling long enough to post now :D

How do I get a sexy Clam??? Ive got a maxima...but its not sexy to me at all.

:slap:

J/J...I take it thats a new classification that you have come up with right??

Ok...MY clam now will be known as Bad to the Bone Clam...no longer Chameleon Clam.

Very nice additions B)

Izzue

lol... i should have put look at my sexy new corcea clam! hehe

Very nice tank. How long have you been in the hobby?

thanks, about 10 months.

I am surprised. A lot of us have much more experience and not nearly the success.

(Then again, you are still in college so you have a lot of time on your hands) (I am just jealous. I wish I were still in college!)

I am surprised. A lot of us have much more experience and not nearly the success.

(Then again, you are still in college so you have a lot of time on your hands) (I am just jealous. I wish I were still in college!)

heeey... I also work 30 hours a week! lol

Nice clam. :happy: You should get a Maxima clam too. Go Dodgers! :happydance:

oooooooo maxima's are even sexier! lol unfortunately my lights aren't strong enough for a maxima.

duck the fodgers!!! GOOOOOOO GIANTS!!! haha omgomgomg

ya, i think you can keep a maxima in a BC14 with a 70w sunpod, even in the sand, your light is strong!

I'm setting up a 9 gallon and I'm going to retrofit a MH in it, so I'll put a maxima in there! they need more light than corcea's... I had to move my corcea towards the top of my tank, so I don't want a take a chance with a maxima.

Very nice tank! Someone should start a Bay Area nano reef club, if there isn't one already. I keep my tank in San Mateo as well and get my water from Ultimate Aquarium.

Keep up the good work!

reefs_r_mylife

9 gallon? What 9 gallon tank are you going to be retroing? the Aquamedic Nanowave? I heard that thing was jenky.

Rick

Very nice tank! Someone should start a Bay Area nano reef club, if there isn't one already. I keep my tank in San Mateo as well and get my water from Ultimate Aquarium.

Keep up the good work!

no way!!! where do you live in San Mateo? I live across from Bay Meadows... on the same street as whole foods and golds gym.... By the way I just looked at your tank, I am at awe! your tank is like a box of jewels! so much color! How old are you? you should start a Bay Area nano reef club... I'd join!

one more question. What other fish stores do you go to?

9 gallon? What 9 gallon tank are you going to be retroing? the Aquamedic Nanowave? I heard that thing was jenky.

Rick

no, it's a finnex M tank 9.

haha hey De showing some love for your tank! Honestly the tank looks amazing its cool you came over to this board. Anyhow is there anything in the works for a bigger tank?

-SD

haha hey De showing some love for your tank! Honestly the tank looks amazing its cool you came over to this board. Anyhow is there anything in the works for a bigger tank?

-SD

thanks! I still love saltwaterfish.com (my home lol)

actually I'm making a smaller tank! a 9 gallon. I think it's going to be mostly zoos, with a yasha goby, a spike fin and a bunch of sexy shrimps and pom pom crabs. If I retrofit the hood and add a MH then I'm going to add some clams... it's going to be awesome!

actually I'm making a smaller tank! a 9 gallon. I think it's going to be mostly zoos, with a yasha goby, a spike fin and a bunch of sexy shrimps and pom pom crabs. If I retrofit the hood and add a MH then I'm going to add some clams... it's going to be awesome!

thats cool 9 gal sounds fun! do you have pics of it yet?

thats cool 9 gal sounds fun! do you have pics of it yet?

I should have said that I'm going to make one. Today I received the tank that I ordered, but it was so scratched up, so I'm returning it for either a new one or another comparable 8 or 9 gallon.

Archived