Top Shelf Aquatics

14g BC w/ 70w Halide Pictures

DeMartini

Hi DM,

Just wondering if you are dosing your tank with calcium or any other supplements? Also, what are you feeding your corals and fish.

Thanks!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought you would like to know that your tank is now my background.

BTW what happened to the old avatar.......too many pervs? B)

just thought you would like to know your avatar is now my background. lol just kidding :lol: i forgot to tell you you had a nice tank earlier.

nice tank.

Hi DM,

Just wondering if you are dosing your tank with calcium or any other supplements? Also, what are you feeding your corals and fish.

Thanks!

I add calcium and dkh buffer (kent marine brand)

I feed my fish mysis. I feed my corals mysis, cyclpoeeze and phytoplankton.

i also want to know about dosing calcium and what your calcim level is.

thanks to the second post after this one lol anyways I keep my calcium at about 450.

it's an honor for my tank to be on your desktop! hehe

I changed my avatar to finding nemo, but it looked stupid, so i changed it to this picture lol

I changed my avatar to finding nemo, but it looked stupid, so i changed it to this picture lol

that pic is way better then nemo :wub:

LOL, better not let your GF read this.........even though it's true :happy:

nanoty,

you are always thinking the same thing as me :eek:

tank is very nice, sweet corals.

2 pers hosting same frog thats pretty cool.

thanks for the pic comment, you are quite the cute one yourself

well see yah, good luck with your tank

:)

don

Oceanic 30g

Hey!

Questions about your tank. (14g)

1) Did you change the pump or do any other mods in addition to the halides?

2) If you had 1 tank (after having both now) would you get the 14 or the 8 gallon

3.) Is the back section of the 14 the same size as the 8? The 8 is tight to work in.

Thanks!!

Hey!

Questions about your tank. (14g)

1) Did you change the pump or do any other mods in addition to the halides?

2) If you had 1 tank (after having both now) would you get the 14 or the 8 gallon

3.) Is the back section of the 14 the same size as the 8? The 8 is tight to work in.

Thanks!!

hey sexier shrimp! lol

1) I was going to change the pump, but my flow is fine with the stock pump.

2) 14, just because I'm able to fit more coral.

3) The width of the back chambers are about the same, but how often are you going to stick your hand in there anyways? almost never considering the bioballs are gone.

Is that a 10K bulb?

no, 14,000k... I wish the lights were more blue. Next time I change the bulbs I'm going to buy 20,000k.

it's a Canon PowerShot SD550.

Gotta love Canon cameras and their manual shutter modes. ;) You're tank is definitely one of the nicest on here and you definitely take some nice shots of it!! Good luck with it and definitely keep us updated on it's progeress! B) It definitely puts my Finnex 30g to shame, lol! You'll do good though, you seem quite knowledgeable on your livestock and fish and such. I'm completely jealous of your ric colong you posted a pic of a few pages back.

Oceanic 30g

Ha. You picked up on that. You are pretty quick. Have to go in and change that now. Anyway, I picked up a Biocube 14 this morning. Sweet little tank.

I just looked at the first picture in this thread. Your tank is seriously a work of art. The colors and layout are just amazing. You have a really good eye for the design stuff. Did you ever post pics on Reef Central?

Have you ever tried to figure out how much it cost you to get to this point with the tank. I always try to avoid running a tab on hobby expenditures. It is always way more than you would have ever estimated.

threeputters

My perculas jump into the back of my biocube every 2 to 3 days. Has anybody had this problem? Any suggestions or modifications would be appreciated?

Youve got a nice tank going but i still have to say..... hot reefer girls get all the attention. Call me jealous, your right ;) .

Edit* I just realized, I probably dont want "the kind of attention" their giving.

Ha. You picked up on that. You are pretty quick. Have to go in and change that now. Anyway, I picked up a Biocube 14 this morning. Sweet little tank.

I just looked at the first picture in this thread. Your tank is seriously a work of art. The colors and layout are just amazing. You have a really good eye for the design stuff. Did you ever post pics on Reef Central?

Have you ever tried to figure out how much it cost you to get to this point with the tank. I always try to avoid running a tab on hobby expenditures. It is always way more than you would have ever estimated.

thank you! so I take it you are through with the 8 gallon? the 14 BC is awesome. It's funny you say I have an eye for design! I used to want to be an interior designer! I have never posted on reef central... I already am a regular on another board ( saltwaterfish.com)

I don't like to think about how much I've spent :0( heck! I have no clue how much I've spent!

My perculas jump into the back of my biocube every 2 to 3 days. Has anybody had this problem? Any suggestions or modifications would be appreciated?

I did what gvtv44 said. I had home depot cut me a piece of acrylic and I spray painted it black, so that it would hide the back chambers.

Youve got a nice tank going but i still have to say..... hot reefer girls get all the attention. Call me jealous, your right ;) .

Edit* I just realized, I probably dont want "the kind of attention" their giving.

nooooo haha it's because my tank is awesome!! :P

Archived