inTank Media Baskets

14g BC w/ 70w Halide Pictures

DeMartini

bonsai reefer
here are some some pictures I took last night... moonlighting!

moonlight001.jpg

moonlight005.jpg

moonlight010.jpg

What kind of camera are you useing for these awesome shots???? :mellow:

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happy: Wow!!! Very nice! I know you did the Halide mod, but any other mods? What are you running as filtration? Thanks!

Oh, and your tank is my new desktop background! :lol::D

wow really nice lookin tank. I just bought a 12g AquaPod with that 70w SunPod. I hope i can get my tank to look as sweet as urs! This is my first time using a metal halide i'm pretty stoked!

if you ever frag out those rics let me know. =]

i have a cannon SD630 but my pictures are no where close to being as nice as yours. what options are you using and did you adjust anything on the camera?

:happy: Wow!!! Very nice! I know you did the Halide mod, but any other mods? What are you running as filtration? Thanks!

Oh, and your tank is my new desktop background! :lol::D

Thanks! I removed the hood, so I could add the sunpod MH. I don't really have any other mods, except I did widen the spill over from chamber one to chamber two. I removed the stock filter cartridge and also replaced the bio balls with live rock... I'm honored that you have my tank as your desktop background! :P

friskaburger you are going to LOVE the sunpod... I wish I upgraded when I first got my tank!

thanks for all of the comments guys!

if you ever frag out those rics let me know. =]

i have a cannon SD630 but my pictures are no where close to being as nice as yours. what options are you using and did you adjust anything on the camera?

We can definitely work out a trade! just let me know what colors you would like.

I take pictures on the SCN underwater setting with macro on... I use a tripod and the 2 second self time. I play around a lot to find out which settings bring out the colors. I use the manual setting with macro and ISO 200 to take pictures of my fish.

:bowdown:

Awesome young lady...Im very impressed!!!

Do you ever venture to RC...I see Nano tank of the month wortheness in your setup.

Do you have some connections or have you skilled this on your own??

NO-Matter...Nice setup.

Izzue

:bowdown:

Awesome young lady...Im very impressed!!!

Do you ever venture to RC...I see Nano tank of the month wortheness in your setup.

Do you have some connections or have you skilled this on your own??

NO-Matter...Nice setup.

Izzue

thank you so much! I do go on reef central, but I don't have an account... I just browse it.

I wish I had connections!! lol I did this all on my own.

thanks again for your kind words!

Beautiful tank.

Does your Royal Gamma hide much of the time or does it swim about freely?

He likes to stay in the front, but for some reason he doesn't like the MH and started to hide ever since I added it to my tank.

What did you do to for the add on lighting? Is this kit or did you remove the top and add lighting that way? Can you take pictures of your lighting setup?

I removed the hood and added on the sunpod 70 watt metal halide. I'll post a picture later on, so you can see how it looks on top.

DeMartini - does your sunpod generate alot of heat in your tank? i assume you run an open topped system?

yes it's an open top. Actually I haven't had any heat difference... i thought it would drop since the top is open, but it pretty much stayed the same.

Wow! i'm amazed with your tank. Look gorgeous. Love the color with moonlights. nice camera shoots too. Keep up the nice pics and good work :D

thank you so much!

wow very nice very nice. :) i see that u clowns found their way to the frogspawn. i am waiting and hoping mine will too :P. i love those ricordias too especially the orange one

is ur metalhalide build into the hood or u have a pendent?? thinking of retro fitting one for my bc8.... but still in planning stage being that heat will be a problem...

anyway very nice tank :)

wow very nice very nice. :) i see that u clowns found their way to the frogspawn. i am waiting and hoping mine will too :P. i love those ricordias too especially the orange one

is ur metalhalide build into the hood or u have a pendent?? thinking of retro fitting one for my bc8.... but still in planning stage being that heat will be a problem...

anyway very nice tank :)

thanks! as soon as I added my frogspawn my clowns dove in! lol i was so happy! and I love my ricordeas... they are my favorite!

My MH is a pendent.... nantuners.com has a fan upgrade that you can buy when you get your kit to retrofit your hood... that should help cool down your tank.

I can't even beleive you gave me a compliment on my tank when yours blows mine out of the water. Your tank is beautiful.

I only have one suggestion for you, you should give me your tank.

What do ya think? Sound good to you?

Lats night I went to a LFS about an hour away from me that has awesome frags and here's some of the stuff I picked up... enjoy!... ooo and I love my new sexy clam!!! it's my first one!

halide013.jpg

My new armor of god!! I'm so happy I finally got one!

halide010.jpg

these zoos are old, but I liked this picture.

halide018.jpg

I bought a few more zoos and I'll post those when they open more.

I can't even beleive you gave me a compliment on my tank when yours blows mine out of the water. Your tank is beautiful.

I only have one suggestion for you, you should give me your tank.

What do ya think? Sound good to you?

lol thank you!

Hows the evaporation with the light, I have the same tank and I got the 72w upgrade from nanotuners, but i'm now thinking of going this route (sunpod 70w). By the way your tank is absolutely stunning!!!

Archived