SaltCritters.com

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Looks great Harry!

Thanks! Everything was looking very fat after the water change so I snapped a photo of my BTA that came out well:

IMG_0193_zpsoonahnit.jpg

• Like 4
HarryPotter

Do you feed your btas? I've heard some people feed and some don't.

I used to not feed it, but then changed to making sure it gets some mysis when I do my daily feeding. I think this has enlarged it and perhaps made the bubbles come back?

FlowerMama

Mine used to be bubbles, now they're long strings. I don't know what it is either that makes them bubble up or not.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Yep, tanks looking very nice Harry! No tile surfers with the open top?

Too many tile surfers. Bamboo surfers, to be precise. My Blenny, and both of my super healthy wrasses julmped with time; I ordered an Advanced Acrylics top which should be delivered in a few weeks.

Mine used to be bubbles, now they're long strings. I don't know what it is either that makes them bubble up or not.

I think feeding them makes them bubble up... But I don't really know. Could be genetics of the anemone perhaps

• Like 1

I think feeding them makes them bubble up... But I don't really know. Could be genetics of the anemone perhaps

Every single one I have put in a tank goes stringy after some time. Maybe its like the orca's and the limp dorsal fin in captivity? The longest I had a BTA keep bubbles is 3 years.

HarryPotter

Every single one I have put in a tank goes stringy after some time. Maybe its like the orca's and the limp dorsal fin in captivity? The longest I had a BTA keep bubbles is 3 years.

I've had mine lose them temporarily but they always come back. We should ask Glenn since he propagates them all the time I believe

HarryPotter

Yeah Harry it does. It brings us to your photobucket page and it immediately plays. Pretty!!

Yay! Thanks for letting me know. Found a mystery urchin in my sump earlier, kind of cool!

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

oh my gosh I've missed so much!!!

i can't believe you didn't put a top on this. hah! funny what we assume, i guess. sorry to hear about all the fish casualties... :( but everything else is looking FANASTIC!

HarryPotter

oh my gosh I've missed so much!!!

i can't believe you didn't put a top on this. hah! funny what we assume, i guess. sorry to hear about all the fish casualties... :( but everything else is looking FANASTIC!

I had a DIY mesh screen top but it lifts like 5" on one side so the fish jump out anyway, or at least I am assuming. They disappear, probably food for the dogs :(

There are a lot of threads dedicated to this phenomenon. Some say it's flow, light, feeding, stress, age, water parameters, etc. The consensus is that there is no real consensus. Mine are all practically bubble-less, but they're healthy, growing and reproducing, so who knows?!

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Woo hoo!

Crunching the numbers on a Fusion 10... Hmm with the light a bit much after my screen top, might just keep only this reefer going

• Like 2

YESSS!!! NO MORE SCHOOL!

Have you broken the news to your parents about how you're going to skip college so you can work full time selling MOAR CORALZ!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Have you broken the news to your parents about how you're going to skip college so you can work full time selling MOAR CORALZ!

Not yet... Currently they think I am going to be studying marine biology. See, breaking it to them slowly :lol:

I am loving the work at PerfectCorals. Commission is great and people place really large 300-400 orders through Facebook all the time; I'm going to be able to do even more now that school is up. Save up for some....books ;)

• Like 3
HarryPotter

Where are you going to college? Or not? Lol tank looks awesome

Yes going to college, University of Miami. Thanks on the tank, I need to get a few photos on this page!

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350