ReefCleaners.org

pgrVII

I don't know about NB lights, but aren't whites the color that "grows/feeds" corals and blues mainly for your eye?

Nope, corals will completely grow still from Blues. The point of the blue spectrum is to mimic sunlight in deeper water. He could run only Blues and Violets and still get growth. Maybe not as much but still growth for sure. Yeah you're settings are high!

My 4 V3s are at 15% Cyan, 40% V, 25% RB, and %18 White hahaha I didn't want to blast my corals away. Or my eyes...

• Like 2

Nope, corals will completely grow still from Blues. The point of the blue spectrum is to mimic sunlight in deeper water. He could run only Blues and Violets and still get growth. Maybe not as much but still growth for sure. Yeah you're settings are high!

My 4 V3s are at 15% Cyan, 40% V, 25% RB, and %18 White hahaha I didn't want to blast my corals away. Or my eyes...

That's what I thought,if I crank out anymore I'd probably start frying shit :lol:

My bad, I think im wrong. Could just be the type of coral, I was looking back around day 80.

Reefing is a big crap shoot and guessing anyways :lol:
  • Like 3

That's what I thought,if I crank out anymore I'd probably start frying shit :lol:

Reefing is a big crap shoot and guessing anyways :lol:

dude just for shits and giggles I turned all 4 of mine at 90% and holy shit it was like Hiroshima....

too far?

My bad, I think im wrong. Could just be the type of coral, I was looking back around day 80.

geez Harry......jk :)

• Like 1

dude just for shits and giggles I turned all 4 of mine at 90% and holy shit it was like Hiroshima....

too far?

geez Harry......jk :)

Lol. Nah you're good. Although radiation from the bomb did give my pop pop bone cancer... but,no,not to far. Lol

All good harold they've been stretching but I think it's just the tanks flow tbh. My sps are growing like champs.

• Like 1

Lol. Nah you're good. Although radiation from the bomb did give my pop pop bone cancer... but,no,not to far. Lol

All good harold they've been stretching but I think it's just the tanks flow tbh. My sps are growing like champs.

oh that's nuts! hopefully VA is taking care of that

Kinda,here's a few hundred dollars for your loss Mrs wilson. :/

Damn, that is the VA for ya :( I work with Vets at my job and here sad stories all the time.

Damn, that is the VA for ya :( I work with Vets at my job and here sad stories all the time.

It's true it is sad man poor vets :( give it their all and then given nothing :(
  • Like 1
Elizabeth94

No!

Are you sure it isn't cyano that just caught some bubbles? I finally got rid of all my cyano in my tank, and it used to have a few bubbles trapped in its slimy web of nastiness.

So I've got the dinos
#### this tank

Honestly I'm gonna shut it down now I think.

No!

Are you sure it isn't cyano that just caught some bubbles? I finally got rid of all my cyano in my tank, and it used to have a few bubbles trapped in its slimy web of nastiness.

I really want to think that's what it is. But given my general luck it's probably dinos. :lol:

It is in a very turbulent area of flow between the rw4 and a return

Elizabeth94

Hm.. When you do another water change suck it up, scrub it and do some peroxide. See what happens.

I am pretty sure I read somewhere of how to test if it is dinos v cyano. You suck it out, put it in a bottle and shake it up. Then if the algae goes back together fast after shaking t it is dinos, and if it takes a long time for the algae to go back together it is cyano. Something like that... Ill look it up

I really want to think that's what it is. But given my general luck it's probably dinos. :lol:

Here

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2531708

• Like 1
ReefWeeds

So I've got the dinos

#### this tank

20160504_202304_zpsi06fc56z.jpg

Honestly I'm gonna shut it down now I think.

NOOOO!!! Are you sure it is dinos? I had some really thick diatoms and cyano that looked similar and I freaked thinking it was dinos but it wasn't.

Yeah doesn't seem like dinos to me. You better not close this tank up after posting a picture every day of its existance. .

• Like 2