Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

I'm not sure the name of it. I was at guys house and it had little colony of it and was drooling over it so I offered him $25 bucks to cut inch frag off it cause I had to have it.It has cool colors. I thought you had one like it.

My Orchid stylo has magenta/pinkish polyps, the purple has those purple polyps, and I have a pink with green polyps but so far have failed to get one with sky blue polyps. One day ....

• Like 1
Mikeymikemike

Well done! This is avery healthy tank and deserves more recognition. I'm trying to read through and I'll get to it at some point, but for now. What is your maintenance schedule like? What do you do to keep the reef clean and happy?

• Like 1

Well done! This is avery healthy tank and deserves more recognition. I'm trying to read through and I'll get to it at some point, but for now. What is your maintenance schedule like? What do you do to keep the reef clean and happy?

Thanks guy. Did you happen see my totm feature on here? It goes through details on maint etc.

http://www.nano-reef.com/featured/_/2015/plainrt-r101

Didn't you get some? I removed 40 heads or so and can hardly notice dent in them.

I have a tiny frag, but the polyp is tiny- not like those.

Any chance of shipping? fingerscrossed

• Like 1

Couple growth shots. These are about a year apart.

Chalice

BBED4E70-4E26-4212-A4FE-C4910D5BDBAD_zps

202C17D9-9BF9-476A-B82A-57FBB31F289F_zps

Sps

E7B53E0F-A805-49A6-96F0-1603FFE9FAB6_zps

5B1879D2-DBA7-4BB2-A05C-73989C26BF1B_zps

holeeeee crap! That's some growth! So with the chalice, did you just keep it on the frag and stick the plug in the sand? I have had a chalice since August and can't figure out where to put it.

• Like 1

Stella I kept the plug In The sand. My chalices seem to do really well in sand and love when they grow flat. Also makes super easy to frag them if need. Mark I can't keep slimers nice but other acros do well. That green one is some sort of other acro I forgot name of. Lol like most other corals I own.

• Like 2

Stella I kept the plug In The sand. My chalices seem to do really well in sand and love when they grow flat. Also makes super easy to frag them if need. Mark I can't keep slimers nice but other acros do well. That green one is some sort of other acro I forgot name of. Lol like most other corals I own.

I like when they grow flat too! I'm going to copy you :)

• Like 1

That one isn't a slimer its picking up tiny amount of blue from lighting. It's some radioactive acro.

Picked up a new 6s today and was seeing if camera any better than my 5.

568C2DD9-A7BE-4324-8262-B178DC23EE3E_zps

54A88540-873D-453C-B45C-3AD54D2DCAF0_zps

28851879-B522-4467-BDF2-79D8202695DC_zps

• Like 9
  • 2 weeks later...