Pod Your Reef

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

like the sps placement! Colors are great throughout the tank!

Thanks. I'm pretty picky about everything lol

After seeing that cute baby Elegance, I understand why you couldn't resist!

Lol right. I just gave it a big fat meal. Hope doesn't grow too fast or I'm in trouble :(

• Like 3

Yeah love the hawk. It follows me everytime I'm near tank and seems to love to drop in for pics. I can't imagine having tank without a long nose hawk. Amazing cheap fish.

• Like 4

I have had two long nose Hawks. First one had in tank with yellow assessor that went missing but can blame it cause I'm not sure what happened to it. The current one I have now is perfect. I have cleaner shrimp and some pep shrimp and it hasn't touch any of them. I wouldn't put one with small fish like gobies etc. I also think good to get them

When tiny and add later if can.

• Like 2

Yeah love the hawk. It follows me everytime I'm near tank and seems to love to drop in for pics. I can't imagine having tank without a long nose hawk. Amazing cheap fish.

Definitely seems like a character :).

I like small gobies though so I could never have one.

I want one :wub:

Actually, I want one of everything you've got in your tank :lol:

Large elegance with new baby purple tip

3CEFEC8D-36C1-4733-BEB6-E69E25EE3919_zps

What are those zoas with the pink/orange centers? :wub::wub::wub:

• Like 2

Thanks. Ati bulbs blue+,coral+,blue+,coral+

I do have the Ati dimmable so do like taking pics at different points. :)

Great! Thanks for sharing. BTW, do you use the dawn dusk effects with the dimmer functions on your fixture? If you do, have you noticed any negative effects on your bulbs, since some people have mentioned that it can kill them prematurely? I just bought a used dimmable 4x24w ATI 24 inch myself last night (impulse buy!).
  • Like 1

I break in bulbs for good 100hrs. More than they say. I been running the bulbs about 9 months before I replace them. Oh and I do use the dimming feature on mine.

Oh and that bulb combo is a very crisp with just enough blue at peak. I love it. No washing out like with some bulbs.

• Like 2