Pod Your Reef

Arce's Tank

Arce

Thanks! Well, i don't monitor anything, i just go off of what my sps look like. I have yet to adjust my doser, honestly don't even know how much I'm dosing right now. Eventually i will need to test, or things will go down hill quickly, but for now I'm just riding it out.

I guess it will fluctuate more when your sps really start to take off with growth. As they build their skeletons alk and CA are bound to be affected.

• Like 1

I guess it will fluctuate more when your sps really start to take off with growth. As they build their skeletons alk and CA are bound to be affected.

Yep, eventually ill have to adjust for growth. My slimers grown alot, so have a couple other pieces, but they are all happy so i left everything be. These corals just need to hang on for a few more months till i can move and set up a real system.

• Like 2

Yep, eventually ill have to adjust for growth. My slimers grown alot, so have a couple other pieces, but they are all happy so i left everything be. These corals just need to hang on for a few more months till i can move and set up a real system.

Do I hear an upgrade in the near future?

• Like 2

Do I hear an upgrade in the near future?

Eventually. But when i move out i'm throwing a sump onto the 20 which will last me until i can afford my full upgrade.

• Like 1

3 more days till I'm on the beach with beer in hand. Cant wait to get away. In dire need of a vacation.

Tank was overhauled this weekend. Trying to clean my tank I stupidly broke my slimer in half, as well as my forestfire digi. Then in aggravation i screwed up the small three rocks that hold up the main structure which are a pain in the butt to balance. So i took all my sps off my rock, which i can easily do because they are glued to smaller rubble, then made a new base for my main structure out of a single piece of rock so i do not have to try to play and balance with three smaller rocks. Was a real pain. I glued the slimer back together but the digi is too thin so i have to figure out how to support it till it grows over the break.

Also siphoned out a ton of crap, but didn't change the water, just siphoned it into a sock and dumped it back in. Thinking about doing a w/c every other week and the in betweens ill just siphon into a sock to get rid of detritus and poop.

Super nervous leaving my tank for vaca. My family will feed and watch my system but feeding is a bit more laborious with my picky mandarin.

• Like 4

Have fun!! Take pics!!

I definitely will be. Planning to take my go pro when i go snorkling, hopefully the waters are nice and full of life there.

• Like 5

I definitely will be. Planning to take my go pro when i go snorkling, hopefully the waters are nice and full of life there.

Have fun!!!!!!

• Like 1

Good idea! I leave for Cancun in 17 days... Will have to remember the GoPro!

• Like 2

Thanks!

(tank is looking awesome too - forgot to say that!) So is there something that would really make you smile that is being planned for this Jamaican Vacation?!?!?!?! Like maybe has some sparkly stuff planned?

• Like 2

Good idea! I leave for Cancun in 17 days... Will have to remember the GoPro!

I went to cancun last year. Snorkeling was amazing over there, so much life. I didn't have my gopro back then and i regret it. So many macros, i saw a urchins, tons of different fish. Was great.

(tank is looking awesome too - forgot to say that!) So is there something that would really make you smile that is being planned for this Jamaican Vacation?!?!?!?! Like maybe has some sparkly stuff planned?

:ninja:

• Like 3

I went to cancun last year. Snorkeling was amazing over there, so much life. I didn't have my gopro back then and i regret it. So many macros, i saw a urchins, tons of different fish. Was great.

:ninja:

:happydance:

This day is going to be soooooo sllllllooooooooowwww for you :)

• Like 2

:happydance:

This day is going to be soooooo sllllllooooooooowwww for you :)

It already was from the first 5 minutes when i woke up this morning. Felt like an hour!

• Like 2

At the airport, got thru security fast. Got an hour and half till we leave. Leaving the tank this morning was rough, hopefully it hangs in there.

• Like 7

Its official. Photos will go up when i get home but figured id let you all know =]

Congrats! And of course, about time. :)

• Like 2