ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I just commissioned a guy to build me an Acrylic frag tank 24x24x10 for basically cost of what it would be for me to buy materials. he already had them on hand. :)

• Like 1

I might do a trade if theyre still interested in the Katropora.

A. Subulata!

Jk.

I'll trade $$ for Katropora. Next Tuesday.

I have a hypothesis about the coloration of your colony. Corals have the means to expell zooxanthellae, and to uptake them from the water column. That Katropora is baby poop brown in the wild. And we've seen it go back to brown in other peoples tanks.

How much of the coloration is animal tissue, versus zooxanthellae. If the latter, how much of the coloration is from zooxanthellae from your particular corals in your tank. ?..

I have had corals in my tank uptake zooxanthellae that flouresce green under hyper violets, that didnt have them when I bought them.

Cornbred's corals coloration comes from bad lighting and PhotoShop.

• Like 1
A. Subulata!Jk.I'll trade $$ for Katropora. Next Tuesday.I have a hypothesis about the coloration of your colony. Corals have the means to expell zooxanthellae, and to uptake them from the water column. That Katropora is baby poop brown in the wild. And we've seen it go back to brown in other peoples tanks.How much of the coloration is animal tissue, versus zooxanthellae. If the latter, how much of the coloration is from zooxanthellae from your particular corals in your tank. ?..I have had corals in my tank uptake zooxanthellae that flouresce green under hyper violets, that didnt have them when I bought them.

Cornbred's corals coloration comes from bad lighting and PhotoShop.

Okay. Does that mean the zoo have to be a particular kind, to show up as a particular color?