Top Shelf Aquatics

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Sk8n Reefer

Sorry about the Gramma ?. The corals are looking great- Pavona is such a nice looking coral with great growth patterns. How's the bubblegum doing?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Is your inbox full? Tried to send you a pm... :(

Sorry, I let my membership expire. I gotta re-up that. I'll hit you up.

Sorry about the Gramma . The corals are looking great- Pavona is such a nice looking coral with great growth patterns. How's the bubblegum doing?

Thank you Sk8n. The bubblegum continues to improve! ;)

• Like 1

Beautiful new corals and fish! Sorry about the gramma, though. You've inspired me to try another TSB. Mine did great for about six weeks and then suddenly died. No apparent reason, either.

I never really paid attention to pavona before. That ORA growth pattern and coloring is fantastic :wub: One more for the wish list :)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Beautiful new corals and fish! Sorry about the gramma, though. You've inspired me to try another TSB. Mine did great for about six weeks and then suddenly died. No apparent reason, either.

I never really paid attention to pavona before. That ORA growth pattern and coloring is fantastic :wub: One more for the wish list :)

Thank you teeny! Good luck with your next Blenny! Yeah, I've been in love with that pavona ever since I saw it featured on Reefbuilders a while ago. The growth patter is really unique.

Whoa how did I miss this thread?! And the microsopy thread too?!

I'm glad you're enjoying them. I'll be posting some new stuff to the microscopy thread soon!

• Like 2

Thank you teeny! Good luck with your next Blenny! Yeah, I've been in love with that pavona ever since I saw it featured on Reefbuilders a while ago. The growth patter is really unique.

I'm glad you're enjoying them. I'll be posting some new stuff to the microscopy thread soon!

Thanks, I picked one up today! I didn't plan on it but the LFS happened to have several nice TSB's just hanging out :)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Thanks, I picked one up today! I didn't plan on it but the LFS happened to have several nice TSB's just hanging out :)

Congrats! I hope it settles in well for you.

Bah, sucks about the gramma. Glad your TSB is getting more comfy at home though :)

Me too. It still doesn't take food very well, but it appears to have a full stomach. I see it picking at stuff all day. So, I guess it's okay.

The thing hides when I turn my pumps off. I set the food literally right in front of its nose. I tried to feed it some mysis yesterday and it took them in its mouth, but spit them out after a few seconds. Maybe the shrimp were too big, IDK.

Beautiful tank Microscope, looking really good :).

Thank you Rolla! I'm still trying to find a good spot for my new tenuis. I thinking it might trade spots with my Red Planet.

• Like 2
picoreef78

Awesome looking tank as always, Sorry about the gramma and the AEFW, those things are a nightmare! I am glad you caught it in time.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Awesome looking tank as always, Sorry about the gramma and the AEFW, those things are a nightmare! I am glad you caught it in time.

Thank you pico. Yes, I just dipped my Red Planet and Joe the Coral last night (only the second dip I've had to do). They were showing signs of decline from AEFW. Sure enough, one massive AEFW came off of the Red Planet. I guess that was all it took to send it south. A few small ones came off of the Joe. Hopefully, that was the end of them.
picoreef78

I just fought of an infestation. I dipped every frag I got and I saw coral declined and could not figure out why. Finally decided to dip again and hundreds of AFEW came off. Nastly little buggers. I ended up dipping weekly for 8 weeks alternative Revive and Bayer Complete until no AFEW fell off. Fingers crossed but now I am really paranoid about them.

• Like 1

Do you have any pics of the aefw from dipping? When i first thought i had them my corals were showing bite marks which i then visually confirmed to be aefw. Only thing is mine are reallyyyy small. All pics with scaled comparasions dont look like what i think i have.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I just fought of an infestation. I dipped every frag I got and I saw coral declined and could not figure out why. Finally decided to dip again and hundreds of AFEW came off. Nastly little buggers. I ended up dipping weekly for 8 weeks alternative Revive and Bayer Complete until no AFEW fell off. Fingers crossed but now I am really paranoid about them.

Yeah, it's amazing how quickly my acros turned around after dipping. Within a week, they went from pale and deathly to brown-out and are now coloring up quite well.

Do you have any pics of the aefw from dipping? When i first thought i had them my corals were showing bite marks which i then visually confirmed to be aefw. Only thing is mine are reallyyyy small. All pics with scaled comparasions dont look like what i think i have.

Here's a homeless one I found on my glass after my first dip. I quickly removed it and dropped it in a volcano.

AEFW%202015.04.30_zpsqcxbufdi.jpg

Though, in general, they looked just like what you can see with a quick search. Sometimes, they look more rectangular than round depending on how they flex their bodies. Though, the life cycle of a flat worm takes it through a pretty large range of sizes. They can be pretty small when they're young.

• Like 5

Indeed. I need to find an acclimation box.

Have you considered just buying a breeder net? I got one to hold the little coris wrasse for a few days before I could rehome him and that worked well. It was like $7 and just suction cupped to the glass and then floated with its top at the water surface. Would work for holding a new fish while you observe its healthy and get it eating.

• Like 1
picoreef78

Yes, I think those are AEFW's. They look a little stretched out, but that could just be the position they're in. Is that a beaker?

Some of them were big mothers!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

My blenny is finally starting to take to pellets and coming around to the idea of eating with the other fish. He actually nipped a few pieces off the the surface last night. I hope I can fatten him up soon.

• Like 4