Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

That's weird that you were getting so much precipitation in your sump. There must be something in there that reacts with the dosing, but I wonder what it is that isn't also in your tank. Glad you at least found a solution. Hearing how much you have to dose in an SPS heavy tank makes me happy I don't have so many SPS corals :lol: I'm at 24 mL of each part of B-Ionic now and I was thinking that was a lot!

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

That's weird that you were getting so much precipitation in your sump. There must be something in there that reacts with the dosing, but I wonder what it is that isn't also in your tank. Glad you at least found a solution. Hearing how much you have to dose in an SPS heavy tank makes me happy I don't have so many SPS corals :lol: I'm at 24 mL of each part of B-Ionic now and I was thinking that was a lot!

It does seem odd.

I might get a second Mg test kit to make sure it's not too low. I'm at 65ml a day in a 150 gallon. :D

That is definitely worth a thought. Thanks for the idea Mark!

I've been dosing about 100mL/week of Mg and test about every two weeks. It usually comes out around 1380 or 1400. Though, a false high reading could definitely explain my inability to keep Alk and Ca high enough.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Nice tank Mr.Microscope. I like the platty pic alot.

Thank you pgrVII! It really is a funky coral that deserves more attention than it gets. This one has been with me since my rubbermade frag tub.

• Like 1

Thanks! It helps that he was right up against the glass. Lol

Yea that certainly helps for sure. I was getting irritated earlier with my dogs trying to take a picture of them but they would move right when I'd take the picture haha,let alone trying to get pictured of the fish.

I have been thinking though, my phone is water resistant up to 3 ft of water for 30 mins....maybe in the tank pics to come.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you..

Tail Spot Too!

TS2%202015.06.11_zpsvmhsmj17.jpg

Who couldn't love that face?!

Anyone with a lot of clams lol. :)

I LOVE the piece of chaeto or whatever it is that makes it look like it has an antenna :lol:

• Like 1
HarryPotter

SAME! I'm at 20ml daily in a 45 gallon tank! I thought it was too much as well, but it's falling behind! I guess I have a ton of Clams, and a bunch of Montipora

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Yea that certainly helps for sure. I was getting irritated earlier with my dogs trying to take a picture of them but they would move right when I'd take the picture haha,let alone trying to get pictured of the fish.

I have been thinking though, my phone is water resistant up to 3 ft of water for 30 mins....maybe in the tank pics to come.

I had to really sneak up on the blenny to get this shot. He swam away about a half second after I took it. He's getting used to the idea of me getting close, but I think the big red camera freaked him out.

I wouldn't dip your phone in salt water. Water resistant does not a water proof make.

Anyone with a lot of clams lol. :)

I LOVE the piece of chaeto or whatever it is that makes it look like it has an antenna :lol:

Haha! yeah, I suppose so.

My wife thought he had something on him too. He was sitting at the bottom of my tank right behind the centimeter or so of gunk on the glass that I only clean like once a month.

SAME! I'm at 20ml daily in a 45 gallon tank! I thought it was too much as well, but it's falling behind! I guess I have a ton of Clams, and a bunch of Montipora

I tested my water again last night. 115mL/day and 7.3dKH. Grrr..

Did you ever get rid of the FW? How often did you dip?

I did a second dip on a two pieces a couple weeks ago, but they seem to be gone at the moment. I'll keep monitoring the situation though.

Yay for Tail Spot Too :happydance:. Such a cool shot!

:) Thank you Gena! I fed again last night and he's up eating with the clowns! It's a good thing I still have the very Elos pellets I got a few years ago to feed my clowns when they were that small. He can't fit the big pellets in his mouth at all and he has to wait for the Hikari Seaweed Extreme pellets to soften up before he can swallow those. He goes bonkers for them though.

• Like 1

:) Thank you Gena! I fed again last night and he's up eating with the clowns! It's a good thing I still have the very Elos pellets I got a few years ago to feed my clowns when they were that small. He can't fit the big pellets in his mouth at all and he has to wait for the Hikari Seaweed Extreme pellets to soften up before he can swallow those. He goes bonkers for them though.

I love how they "slurp" at the rocks and glass. I think mine eventually even ate mysis for me. It's been a while since I've had a TSB. I'm afraid to get another with the mp10. It was always a constant worry for me. I don't need that stress in my life LOL.
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I love how they "slurp" at the rocks and glass. I think mine eventually even ate mysis for me. It's been a while since I've had a TSB. I'm afraid to get another with the mp10. It was always a constant worry for me. I don't need that stress in my life LOL.

Mine has nipped at some mysis, but spit it back out.

Yes, I always watch carefully before and while I turn both of my pumps back on. My first TSB would shoot right for my open MP10 every time I turned it off, the little rascal. I got very close to making blenny soup quite a few times with that guy. I hope Tail Spot Too doesn't start up that routine.

• Like 1

Yes, I always watch carefully before and while I turn both of my pumps back on. My first TSB would shoot right for my open MP10 every time I turned it off, the little rascal. I got very close to making blenny soup quite a few times with that guy. I hope Tail Spot Too doesn't start up that routine.

Mine was the same! I had a note tacked to the wall by the mp10 controller to remind me to check for TSB in pump LOL.
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Mine was the same! I had a note tacked to the wall by the mp10 controller to remind me to check for TSB in pump LOL.

:lol: :lol: hahaha!

That's a really really good idea! I think I may have to implement that. Thanks Gena!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

I noticed that the Vortech Quiet Drive pumps do a weird (slow) counterclockwise rotation before turning on and ramping up.

Think its to prevent fish loss?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

That is a great profile pic of the TSB. Definitely too cute!

lol! Yeah, I've been thinking about using it for that. Thank you vlangel!

EDIT: Changed!

Love the tail spot blenny. Hope he lives a very long time!

Me too. I don't think I could stomach a Tail Spot Three.

I noticed that the Vortech Quiet Drive pumps do a weird (slow) counterclockwise rotation before turning on and ramping up.

Think its to prevent fish loss?

lol! If that is true and really intended for that purpose, they have some very smart(er) people working at Ecotech. Good to know.

"Vortech QD, the only blenny-safe pump!"

Love the shot of the new blenny. Glad to hear this one is doing well and is eating for you. My starry blenny would nibble mysis and spit it out for the first few weeks and now he eats it like a piggie. I think they warm up to pretty much any food if you just give them time. So where did you get this one from?

My silly starry blenny likes to sit on the outside of the MP10 while its running. He gets kind of stuck and has to pry himself off. He sits there because he likes to pick the algae off of it. Not the brightest though because I worry his tail will get sucked all the way in and he'll get mushed.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you..

Tail Spot Too!

TS2%202015.06.11_zpsvmhsmj17.jpg

Who couldn't love that face?!

Aww, he is adorable! I love tailspots! Hoping to get a Benny #3 soon (Benny 1 and Benny2 have both jumped ship)

• Like 1