Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

They do however need rock work to hide in and under so I'm not sure if your scape would work well for their needs but it's hard to say.

That's a really good point that I hadn't considered. My rockwork has a lot of holes in it due to the nature of pukani, but it may not be enough. Thank you for pointing that out.
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

So, I took out all of the affected/infected acros and blew them off in a separate container yesterday. I didn't see any more worms come off. I also didn't see any eggs.

I'm hesitant to use any more Revive. The dip did more damage than the worms (though likely a combination of already being weak from the AEFW's and then being exposed to the harsh dip (not trying to knock Revive)).

I will continue to keep a close eye on things until hopefully they reach brown-out, start to re-encrust, improve PE, and finally color back up again.

• Like 2

Eeep, sorry to read about the flatworm problem. Cheering for you over here. I second the PSW suggestion, but I'm biased :lol: only worry would be that your clowns are pretty established in there and might not take kindly to a newcomer? My PSW isn't aggressive at all and probably wouldn't try to hold his own if things got hairy.

• Like 1

You really need to get some Bayer, it kills them dead and is a hell of a lot gentler than some of the reef dips.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Eeep, sorry to read about the flatworm problem. Cheering for you over here. I second the PSW suggestion, but I'm biased :lol: only worry would be that your clowns are pretty established in there and might not take kindly to a newcomer? My PSW isn't aggressive at all and probably wouldn't try to hold his own if things got hairy.

Thank you! I'm not ready to declare victory yet, but knock on wood, I am seeing better color and PE already. :) :) :)

Good point about the clowns. They have been with me from the beginning. I wonder if having reduced my BTA's to just one will make them a little less aggressive. They're keeping considerably less territory than they used to when I had nine BTA's in there.

You really need to get some Bayer, it kills them dead and is a hell of a lot gentler than some of the reef dips.

Yes, I've read a lot about that. I didn't realize that it's gentler. I think I might have to pick some up.
  • Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Man, just catching up on your thread- how's things going- still no sign of the flatworms? Did your bubblegum make it- you have a great looking piece.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Man, just catching up on your thread- how's things going- still no sign of the flatworms? Did your bubblegum make it- you have a great looking piece.

Things are looking up at the moment. I really hope I didn't miss any eggs.

I had to frag the hell out the the bubble gum. It was the worst infected piece and perhaps the source of the issue. It seems to be recovering though.

Im far from a acro guy, but Ive seen frags keep PE while in a SERIOUSLY strong bayer dip

PE in the dip??!!

Wow. Now I really want to pick some up.

• Like 1

I dipped in bayer, had PE minutes after going back into the tank. I made a super strong concentration too, was completely milk white lol. I wasnt screwin around wit them AEFW...

• Like 1

Yep, for whatever reason Bayer does not seem to adversely effect acros much unless they are the smooth skin variety, and then it's either no damage or dead.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I dipped in bayer, had PE minutes after going back into the tank. I made a super strong concentration too, was completely milk white lol. I wasnt screwin around wit them AEFW...

Like, like. Because hitting the, "Like" button once isn't enough ;)

unless they are the smooth skin variety, and then it's either no damage or dead.

:huh: dang.. I hope nothing hits my fauxkins or hurlock. That's a very interesting observation and good to know. Thank you for this info.

Awesome on the tank and bubblegum- it will come back for sure . I just love that Mille

Thank you Sk8! I really hope it recovers. Would love to finally get some pink out of it.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Hey. So Jedimasterben suggested you might be someone to help me out. I know Chemiclean hadn't fixed my issue in my 60g RFA tank or it did and the cyano left and the dino was left behind. Been battling 2 mos now and luckily the flowers are not showing, nor any other inverts, any adverse effects. He suggested I send a sample to someone with a microscrope to see for sure if it's dinos I have. If you'd be willing do I just put it in a ziploc and sent it in a little padded envelope? Just IM me if you'd like either way.

Oh, and I got another bubble tip. This one is doing well, surprisingly better, it's in my Evolve 8 (that little tank rocked). See my thread! It's a pretty green one w/ a galaxy looking center.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Hey. So Jedimasterben suggested you might be someone to help me out. I know Chemiclean hadn't fixed my issue in my 60g RFA tank or it did and the cyano left and the dino was left behind. Been battling 2 mos now and luckily the flowers are not showing, nor any other inverts, any adverse effects. He suggested I send a sample to someone with a microscrope to see for sure if it's dinos I have. If you'd be willing do I just put it in a ziploc and sent it in a little padded envelope? Just IM me if you'd like either way.

Oh, and I got another bubble tip. This one is doing well, surprisingly better, it's in my Evolve 8 (that little tank rocked). See my thread! It's a pretty green one w/ a galaxy looking center.

Sending PM!

That BTA is stunning! Looks like a speckled Acid Rain variety. Nice find!

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Thanks, I knew you'd know what it was called. The person selling only said green. It hasn't moved since I put it in on Sun so I'm hoping it stays. The previous owner said once he put his in its spot, it didn't move for him. It's the size of an apple or orange. I love the orange tips and the patterning.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

Oh I'm excited for your tailspot! Can't wait to get one in my Evolve 8 again for Karat's playmate. Probably not until mid June. Love their behavior.

• Like 1

That's the way you respond to losing corals - look for the opportunity to get new ones :D I'm glad things are back on the upswing!

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

SO EXCITED FOR WEDNESDAY!!!!!UNIQUE CORALS!!!!Screen%20Shot%202015-05-15%20at%208.20.4

nice order! Tailspots are such comical fish - love mine. He's become part of the family?

looking forward to seeing the new Acros! Bubblegum still hanging on?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

The saramentosa you gave me is peeking out above the red caps on the center island in my tank. That one is doing well!

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's doing well. Definitely one of my favorites. How's the fauxkins? That one has about tripled for me since I fragged it for you. lol, pretty much all the growth came from the spot if clipped it too.

Oh I'm excited for your tailspot! Can't wait to get one in my Evolve 8 again for Karat's playmate. Probably not until mid June. Love their behavior.

Me too. I'm really stoked about the gramma too. I hope everyone gets along.

That's the way you respond to losing corals - look for the opportunity to get new ones :D I'm glad things are back on the upswing!

I didn't actually lose anything, just took some major losses in growth/size and color. I also had to frag a bunch away. It all seem better now.

nice order! Tailspots are such comical fish - love mine. He's become part of the family

looking forward to seeing the new Acros! Bubblegum still hanging on?

Me too! That Ice Tenius is really going to be a hot item. I'm also excited for the ORA Mint Pavona. I love the growth pattern on that one.

Yup, the BBG is still around, though in two pieces now.

You get rid of the AEFW?

It would appear so. I'm still carefully observing everything (as usual), but color and growth has returned/is returning on everything that was infected. I'm extremely skeptical that I won't see a return, but at least now I know I can deal with them with confidence.
  • Like 4
TheKleinReef

Awesome! I'm glad to hear it's doing well. Definitely one of my favorites. How's the fauxkins? That one has about tripled for me since I fragged it for you. lol, pretty much all the growth came from the spot if clipped it too.

Not sure, actually. I can't remember if I mounted it or not before i left. If i didn't, the urchin probably dragged it around. :(

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Awesome on the bubblegum! You'll have it look great again in no time! Can't wait to see the update shots of the new arrivals ?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Not sure, actually. I can't remember if I mounted it or not before i left. If i didn't, the urchin probably dragged it around. :(

Dang urchins. I hope it's still kicking for you.

Awesome on the bubblegum! You'll have it look great again in no time! Can't wait to see the update shots of the new arrivals

Thank you! Me too.