Top Shelf Aquatics

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

wow.such.chris

Everything looks great, the growth on that tabling piece is awesome.

What is the green wavy thing that is "trucking along quite well"?

edit: went a page back and found out its a pavona. nice work! keep it up.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Everything looks great, the growth on that tabling piece is awesome.

What is the green wavy thing that is "trucking along quite well"?

edit: went a page back and found out its a pavona. nice work! keep it up.

Thank you Sooch!

Yes, that has been one of my favorite releases from ORA.

Very impressive, considering this is what the tank looks like when neglected! All the SPS are doing so well! I'm glad you put the BTAs back into the scape. They look great in there!

• Like 1

Hello All,

As has been obviously apparent by my lack of activity (for nearly 7 months!), my passion for reefing has waned.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-12%20at%2011.35.

However, I still have my tank going and it is actually somewhat flourishing despite a recent dip in maintenance. I experienced a huge algae outbreak, but replaced the filters in my RODI system and have done some manual removal and larger water changes. I also added a Royal Gramma several months ago and she's gotten quite fat! :)

4091 :lol:. Are you all caught up now? :)

So glad to see you back! I thought about you a couple of weeks ago when I found a couple of my snails stacking LOL. Your tank is looking as gorgeous as ever!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Very impressive, considering this is what the tank looks like when neglected! All the SPS are doing so well! I'm glad you put the BTAs back into the scape. They look great in there!

Thank you Felicia! It took some time to get it back to this point. I didn't bother, nor had the motivation to taking any images when it was at its worst.

Yes, those BTA's are quite happy and my clowns are also quite happy. Though, they seem to have taken to different nems. lol

Glad to see you back! This tank looks amazing for being neglected! I'm really digging the acan garden

Thank you Yoshii!

4091 :lol:. Are you all caught up now? :)

So glad to see you back! I thought about you a couple of weeks ago when I found a couple of my snails stacking LOL. Your tank is looking as gorgeous as ever!

lol, sort of...

Thank you gena! haha! I forgot about that thread. I'm still got some catching up to do. :)

I might have read somewhere that there was some consideration of going all SPS in here? :D

Yes. Though, that might be with the next tank. :ninja:
  • Like 3

That's funny that your clowns have picked different nems. My original clown pair in my 30 gallon were like that. The female lived in the zoanthids and the male lived next door on the big chalice. They were definitely a pair, but they had separate bedrooms :lol: My clowns now are too funny because my like 8 (still not sure on exact number at this point) BTAs are all smushed together on that one little island, so they just live in all the nems. Sometimes its hard to even find the little guys down in their giant BTA palace. They definitely aren't partial to any one nem or section, they take advantage of the entire cluster.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

That's funny that your clowns have picked different nems. My original clown pair in my 30 gallon were like that. The female lived in the zoanthids and the male lived next door on the big chalice. They were definitely a pair, but they had separate bedrooms :lol: My clowns now are too funny because my like 8 (still not sure on exact number at this point) BTAs are all smushed together on that one little island, so they just live in all the nems. Sometimes its hard to even find the little guys down in their giant BTA palace. They definitely aren't partial to any one nem or section, they take advantage of the entire cluster.

Wish I could see that up close! Yes, mine are also definitely a couple, but have the Bert and Ernie beds. lol

This tank deserves a TOTM if it hasn't.

Thank you FlowerMama! The first version of this tank was TOTM back in 2013 I think. The 2.0 version is almost two years old now. In total,

TODAY makes 4 years old! Happy Birthday Reef!

• Like 11

A very happy birthday to your tank! Four years is amazing! Mine just turned one year old this month. I hope I still have mine up in running at four years! Yours looks wonderful!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

That's awesome- congrats! 4 years and it's thriving

Nice progress.I like how it ever gets higher.

Happy Birthday to the tank

Happy tankiversary!

4 years and looks great!

Happy tankiversary!

That's quite the milestone! Very impressive! Congrats and Happy Birthday to the tank!

A very happy birthday to your tank! Four years is amazing! Mine just turned one year old this month. I hope I still have mine up in running at four years! Yours looks wonderful!

I wonder what the average is on this site of how long people keep their tank up.

Happy birthday and great job!

Thank you All!

I shoved a piece of cake in there yesterday to celebrate. 'Made the skimmer go crazy! :D

I wonder what the average is on this site of how long people keep their tank up.

Hmm..Great question. Seems like a good thread with a poll.

• Like 10
  • 4 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

It's about time for the monthly update. So, here we have it. :D

FTS 2016.03.24

FTS%202016.03.24_zpscbbkxjcj.jpg

and in blue this month:

FTS%20Blue%202016.03.24_zpskmztp0ol.jpg

I'm proud of this torch. Almost six heads now.

torch%2002%202016.03.24_zpsagujn6j9.jpg

and this pavona is really growing like a weed. I love it!

pavona%202016.03.24_zpsb2ln4djr.jpg

For some reason, these acans have really oranged up lately:

acans%202016.03.24_zpsnziixsaz.jpg

Macros:

stylo%2001%202016.03.24_zpsc15xxve2.jpg

torch%2001%202016.03.24_zpsnarnajgo.jpg

• Like 15

Oooo la la...very nice! The colors are just beautiful! I love the torch too! Very neon green and healthy. Wonderful tank! Great shots!

• Like 1