Cultivated Reef

The Mantis Tank Thread

travisurfer

• 1 month later...

well guys the legacy has ended...I came home today to a dead monte, she was perfectly fine yesterday and today she was on her back, my guess is a failed molt as she was twitching and i decided it was better to end it so she didnt have to suffer, not one place of her shell was releasing

yeah i am pretty sad about it happening i think im going to take a little break from mantis shrimp until i can really get my business going and then get back into it

omgoodness! have you tried this with your shrimp yet? (wateh the vid)

This guy/girl must be crazy. At least he/she didn't try it with a "spearer". Now that would have been a good video :lol:

yeah im excited too, i already have a custom sump to go under the 30 cube and i will be adding more rock to the tank to make sure the burrow is darker for the baby, im glad im actually going to have a sump this time, that will make the tank much healthier i think and more stable for the skimmer

here is a teaser pic

1015peacock20mantis.jpg

Edited by mattyice
yeah im excited too, i already have a custom sump to go under the 30 cube and i will be adding more rock to the tank to make sure the burrow is darker for the baby, im glad im actually going to have a sump this time, that will make the tank much healthier i think and more stable for the skimmer

here is a teaser pic

1015peacock20mantis.jpg

I am very seriously considering getting one of those from fragglereef.com for my sump. I never wanted a mantis til i saw those....I am stunned.

What a beautiful, evil shrimp. I'd name him Goulash and feed him all kinds of goodies =)

yeah luckily i was able to get a deal on my 30G cube

not only that but i have my monster 240G cube going up and have to setup the 30B as a QT tank

Matty I am five mins away from fraggles shop and I am thinking about heading over but would a peacock do ok in a 30 I know you are the man when it comes to mantis shrimp thats why I am asking I want to put one in a 32 hex with a 15 tall sump and a ec-120 skimmer and a 150 14k viper MH and I want to know if they perfer low or tall tanks I want only one large rock that will be covered with GSP and 2 inch sand bed what do you think what would you change.