Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Mantis Tank Thread

travisurfer

it actually is like looking at a tree with termites attacking it from what ive seen, it only looks somewhat bad at first then the animal molts and its just as bad if not worse then what was above it, im running a CSS 65 on a 30G cube and am actually going to do the mod for the CSS skimmers to it for better efficiency

althefishguy

I read sharcs thread and thought you'd like Herman ! I got some new Stills of Stella she is always on the move

and Very Very fast. Can't wait to get my camera back but here we go !! -_-

post-13936-1188339816_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1188339792_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1188339758_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1188339739_thumb.jpgpost-13936-1188340511_thumb.jpg B)

well if anything goes right im going to have a tiny little O. Havanensis in its own little 14G cube all im going to do is have a 5.5G sump with some LR and chaeto in it, a tiny pump for return, and then the display will be about2" of sand and the rest will all be rubble and im going to video tape it making its own little burrow

althefishguy

Very cool waiting on the video I should've done that with Stella she has 3

entrances to her burrows never know where she's gonna pop up !!

so its been almost 2 months since my last post here, Mr. Peepers aka Atilla has changed colors a bit since his last photo shoot and here is working out his raptoral appendages on a crayfish. (he gets one of those every few weeks for a decent workout)

DSC_3666.jpg

DSC_3668.jpg

DSC_3669.jpg

DSC_3671.jpg

Alesia, good to see a fellow mantis keeper in the area

i bought a mantis about three days ago, and since hes been in my tank he hasnt eaten anything, i have smaller snails and hermits and he doesnt even try to smash him, i know he is a smasher type mantis, but how often should he be eating?

try krill, silversides, scallops, has it dug a burrow yet they need time to settle in some times. also if its small its alot of work to crack a shell they will eat flake and pellets and stuff so if it was finding that kind of stuff at the lfs it may be looking for easier food. 3 days is not a long time

its in a whole new enviroment.

I have'nt seen Stella for 3 days now I really hope shes molting. She was acting a little funny when I saw her last. Then she sealed her burrow and I have'nt seen her since.

i came across another mantis today so i picked him up, hes super small maybe an inch long, if i just feed him pellets will he be okay? ive herd they need to keep their smashers working