Top Shelf Aquatics

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmm $5 frag sale at one of the LFS stores *ponders*

also picked up a mesh bag of purigen, but it's too big for my filter thingy -- so now I'm not sure if/how I can maybe cut it in half or something to make it work.

I want a $5 frag sale!!!

You can prolly cut the bag open on the top, pour some out, and resew it closed. That or find a new mesh baggy to transfer it into once you slim down the contents.

Woo Woo! See what $50 can get ya!

Picture%20502%20(Medium).jpg

Oh wait -- no you can't -- at least not yet! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

(and no I didn't go to the $5 frag sale)

ok here are a couple teaser pics...

100_1841_Medium_.JPG

100_1842_Medium_.JPG

and a new FTS (I had to reaquascape a bit -- not sure if I like it anymore)

100_1844_Medium_.JPG

the best is still yet to come though (have to wait for the polyps to open before I can take a pic otherwise you'll never know)

Candy cane and GSP--- yeah not sure about the new aquascape.... the pile of rubble on the inside isnt working for me. Next time you take a pic try taking it straight on or from another angle to eliminate the glare.

I am on edge for the last thing!

hehe

the candycane is on a large branch (there are actually 9 mouths on it!) and I think I might frag it down to make it fit a bit better in the tank. And the GSP was free he had a big pile of it in one of his prop tanks and said - give it two weeks if it doen't pop back up I'll give you some more - hehe.

And in my haste to get stuff in the tank this morning - I bumped and move some of the other rockscape - so I'll try to readjust stuff this afternoon.

thanks! I think perhaps I need more actinic lighting though :( it's not glowing as much as I had hoped it would....

Here's a pic of one of my new zoas -- it's not the greatest shot.

yellow_purple_zoa_Custom_.JPG

it's a purple zoa with a yellow skirt

and for all you Crabman naysayers -- I give unto you THE CRABMAN COMETH!

crabman_cometh.jpg

I also have video of him filter feeding away (and a slow pan across the rest of the tank) if it's not super huge I can upload it to my webserver later and post a link.

nah probably just a friendly hermit checking out the newest additions to the tank -- hopefully in a couple weeks the GSP will start to open back up.

I still have one last suprise I added to the tank on Friday -- and hopefully when I get to work on Monday it will have opened up!

New pics!

100_1865_Medium_.JPG

100_1866_Medium_.JPG

and last but not least (and I know it's a crappy pic -- but the crowning jewel of the tank now!

ppe01.jpg

(if I can get a better pic later today of this one I will)

NICE!

Try glueing the GSP to a branch of rock so that it will grow over it. GSP grows moderately fast, and will cover the rock base quickly. I also used to have some GSP on the sand but I had hermits and snails always flip it accidentally.

I found a super sweet Ric Mushroom for $4 this weekend that is neon orange-- a coloration I have never seen before.

Crabman looks nice in that pic, but hes still a big bum.

yeah the GSP was a freebie and was going to be put in my quart pico as the only thing there (figured if it overgrew everything I didnt care much)

but not sure if I'll keep that project going or not...the hermit in there doesn't seem happy.

Awesome! Im jealous. I think that you should put the GSP on one of the branches that doesn't have any zoo's on it and let it grow over the whole branch. I looks really neat IMO.

texx

Archived