Coral Vue Hydros

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

The AC's been on since before I got in today (7:30AM) it's now 11AM and the tank's temperature still doesn't register on the thermometer stuck to the side of the tank (higher than 86) -- I've unplugged the heater and turned the lights off in an attempt to cool off the tank. I can feel the heat radiating off the tank the waters so warm.

I also need to figure out how to rescue my lone original hitchiker polyp from the rock he's on so I can take him home with me (he's turned a minty green color :( )

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just got back home after a surfing holiday. OMG Argent this is a real downer :(

I guess these things happen though, not the greatest thing in the world but it shows how delicate life is, and sometimes also how resilient it can be too :)

This tank might have found a new life -- my boss suggested I could put the tank just inside the server room level with one of the windows just outside my cube. The server room (unless it loses power) stays between 72-74 degrees constant due to it's seperate AC unit. I take this as a sign my boss likes the tank and doesn't really want to see me take it home either. I need to clean out the dying and dead corals and run more water tests etc and then look at restocking the tank (minus the hermits that are still alive) Of course I was thinking of using these parts to make a 5.5 gallon mantis tank - but I can always set that up later (thinking the rest of my tahitian moon sand and some big pieces of LR)

JeremyChase
This tank might have found a new life -- my boss suggested I could put the tank just inside the server room level with one of the windows just outside my cube. The server room (unless it loses power) stays between 72-74 degrees constant due to it's seperate AC unit. I take this as a sign my boss likes the tank and doesn't really want to see me take it home either. I need to clean out the dying and dead corals and run more water tests etc and then look at restocking the tank (minus the hermits that are still alive) Of course I was thinking of using these parts to make a 5.5 gallon mantis tank - but I can always set that up later (thinking the rest of my tahitian moon sand and some big pieces of LR)

that would be hilarious :)

-Jer

taking whats left of the tank home today -- it's packed up in a box. Going to spend the weekend patching it back up -- and deciding if I want to keep it or get another 5.5 gallon.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe I figured out part of why my tank crashed -- my heater was defective -- I only noticed this after about 2 weeks of observing it in my sub 70 degree apartment. I have since replaced the heater but I've still lost all the corals that were in the tank. It's currently the home to one of my two wonderful mantis shrimps. I'll try and get newer pics up. I was trying to get pics while I fed him yesterday some frozen brine shrimp but he was too fast (need to find something bigger that I can skewer to try and feed him)

But here's one of my yet unnamed Mantis eyeing me from his LR home.

Picture%20691%20(Medium).jpg

So Saturday is the Michigan Reefers 1st Annual Frag-Fest! A huge frag/livestock/dry good swap meet. I'll be there and will be coming home with at least three new frags of zoas. What tank they will go in is anyones guess either the 3 gallon or the 5.5 gallon (the 6 hasn't finished it's cycle yet unfortunatly)

HEHE I would like to have a mantis tank but I think a rubble tank is enough for me at the moment.

Its good that you havnt given up heart Arg!

Actually as soon as the 6 gallon finishes its cycle I'm getting rid of the quart pico (either selling it locally or on here)

Argent..you know, i've been spending about a month or so following yuor threads and since your boss likes the tank, maybe you should take to him about possibly having the company get a tank that you could take care of...you still get to have the fun associated with a tank, you just don't have to spend all the $$$ on it...best of both worlds! Seriously though, it's awesome that you can keep a tank at work. If i wasn't starting a new job on monday i think i probably would have tried that. Best of luck to you..

Boris has recruited a new member in his organization -- Bobby "The Rock" Anemone - not sure if he's an enforcer or if he just gathers intel but the two have been seen dining together.

Picture%20835%20(Medium).jpg

Archived