Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesn't flake food just float on the surface? it does when I feed my tropicals at home.

How many critters will I be able to put in here -- I thought I was getting crowded already...

If you get sexy shrimp, I read that they like to be kept in groups. They are really tiny so I would think that you could probably put 3 of them in a 3 gallon tank.

Fishfreak218

get a group of 3 Sexy shrimp..

also you need to feed that crab something every once in a while (as well as the hermits and snails)... so why not just get Sexy shrimp.... you need to feed the tank anyway

One of my new zoa polyps decided to open for me :)

eagle_eye_zoa01.jpg

I believe them to be some sort of eagle eye perhaps?

new zoa frag picked up last night -- still working on opening up -- green skirts with a blueish center.

blue_green_zoas.jpg

and another one of the eagle eyes and fire & ice

more_zoas.jpg

The best -- I hope should be the frag I'm picking up tonight! Can't wait to show everyone tomorrow hope it opens up before the weekend!

Kinda bummed -- all my pics have a blueish cast to them :( wonder if I should lose the actintic bulb and put another 10k in there.

Fishfreak218

nice.. but again... needs some height in this tank.. form something.. a feather duster, a leather coral.. anything!!! lol

but really those zoas in the top pic are REALLY cool..

also good pick w/ the Sexy Shrimp.. i think it makes the tank ore interesting

...Kinda bummed -- all my pics have a blueish cast to them :( wonder if I should lose the actintic bulb and put another 10k in there...

Does your camera have a manual white balance setting?

Fishfreak218

not working^^^ BTW dont get rid of the actinic.. it makes it look better....

and makes the color of the coral nicer

JeremyChase
HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP!!!

Those are awsome AND they match your background. Nice find.

Those really are nice looking!!

You don't feed your tank at all? Are your corals entirely photosynthetic?

I feed my tank pellet and flake food; if the flake food stays on the top my peppermint shrimp swims up and gets it. He is by far the most active eater. Also, you should probably be putting something in the tank for the crab. Otherwise he'll get hungry!

-Jer

yeah yesterday I took and crumbled up a piece of pellet food, mixed it with some tank water and squirted it back in to the tank -- the hermits went WWE on it. It's also put food in to the water column too so hopefully the crab and the zoas managed to filter feed themselves.

Yeah the shrimps or whatever will enjoy a flake shot into the water column. It is the white balance on your camera that makes the image look so blue-- not the lighting per say. We still need some height to the tank like a high rock piece or something

why does everyone feel the poor tank needs to be stacked to the rafters with rocks -- personally I don't like such 'clutered' tanks. my rocks are just fine where they are -- and shortly most of the horizontal surfaces will have zoa colonies on them.

As for the sexy shrimp -- I'm waiting to hear back from the LFS where I got Crabman from to see if he can get them and how much they are.

I suppose it could be the white balance -- I'll have to see if I can adjust that on the camera its a Kodak DX6490.

Fishfreak218
yeah yesterday I took and crumbled up a piece of pellet food, mixed it with some tank water and squirted it back in to the tank -- the hermits went WWE on it. It's also put food in to the water column too so hopefully the crab and the zoas managed to filter feed themselves.

i would be worried that the crab didnt get any food.. i would try dumping in a few Mysis shrimp..you can buy them in frozen blocks

also those zoanthids are awesome!! deffinatly a nice find!

I've got the frag now in a baggie -- can't wait to get to work tomorrow and put it in the tank!

I'll post pics if it opens up tomorrow.

Archived