ReefCleaners.org

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hasn't been any changes as far as FTS's are concerned -- but I can take another one -- hang on (new zoas should be here later in the week, and I might pick up a few astrina starfish tomorrow night)

Fine-- then I want a crab pic. Seriously as soon as some of my zoas finish spreading out I am going to send you some frags in exchange for all the entertainment at work!

the yellow thing is the background of my tank -- the 'fan' thing in front of it is my porcelain crab doing it's filter feeding. :D

Here's a picture I found online of one with it's feeder arms out.

crab07d2x.jpg

B2.jpg

haven't fed the tank -- ever -- yet. But apparently with the addition of Crabman I'm going to need to start. What I'm going to feed the tank? I haven't a clue yet.

Think I'm going to venture to the LFS today at lunch -- figure out what to feed Crabman and pick up some spare hermit shells (I think someone was evicted :( )

JeremyChase
Ok cool. So what are you feeding your tank? Do you feed phyto? Also, how is the crab doing?

texan

Creapy Crabs!!!!!!

Your tank looks great!! It has a very mature appearance even though it has only been going for 2 months.. Very nice!

Seriously Argent-- do you have any clue how much money the government has paid me to just sit here and read this thread!

We need to start a new group like the tang police, etc, and call it Argent Addicts or something......

Lol guys. Argent, your tank looks great. The redish zoos in the middle are looking great. Can't wait to see the new zoos. Tell us what you get from the lfs. Also, how is the betta cylinder coming?

texan

WOW you've inspired me. I pick up 2 lightly used marineland 3g's this week and a 5g hex on Saturday... oh choices choices ;)

You do realize I'm in MI and I'm going to find out how far apart we are then drag my crabby 2yr old in the car and make you help me with some hood/light mods etc right? heheee

Looks great! I'm addicted now too!

I picked up a pom pom crab!

J/K they tried to sell me one -- but I felt $25 for something smaller than Crabman wasnt worth it (for this tank at least)

I picked up some empty hermit shells (mine are starting to wrestle) and another blue leg. And some Prime Reef frozen cubes so I can feed the tank every once in a while.

Candi, have you checked out www.michiganreefers.com ? They are more in to the larger scale tanks, but still a good place for information, and also for a local source for frag trades etc.

kmitch - I think AA is already taken as a moniker -- we could call my tank Argent's Asylum -- cause we're all crazy over it! :D

texan, I haven't even started work on the betta cylinder...the one I currently have is at the gf's office with the evil hermit now. I need to find a place for some hard airline tubing, and pick up another cylinder and find a pump small enough for the base. If I can get it to work decently, maybe I'll trade it to my gf to keep evil hermit in it then I can make another one.

Wow - the new blue leg I just put in the tank -- just took over one of the new shells I just tossed in to the tank! hahahahaha

Hum--- being AA might lead to funny looks anyway!

So Argent what are the rest of your stocking plans in here?

I so want a shrimp in there.

Hmm a couple more zoa frags....I had thought about a cleaner shrimp but those get pretty big -- might try a peppermint shrimp or something like that -- a goby/pistol shrimp combo would be cool -- except for the price. This was supposed to be a low maintenance, low cost reef tank.

My dad has expressed interest in setting up a 5.5AGA at his house now (he's been reading this forum post to keep tabs on my tank - Hi Dad!)

A goby/shrimp pair are pretty expensive together, but its cheaper to buy them seperatly. Once in the tank they will find eachother very quickly. They would be very cool inhabitants.

texan

ps- by the way, cool sig!

Archived