Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

irishtexan

Awesome! So is the person that you got the frag going to send a replacement too? Have they opened up anymore?

texan

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
also good news about my Evil Hermit - the LFS is gonna replace him for free and said they'd take care of my frag he ate!

wow that's nice of them.

I'm supposed to get a replacement from the girl I originally got the green frag from as well. The red ones haven't opened up much yet :( but I think its because up until yesterday they hadn't been glued down and kept getting knocked over and walked over (by the Evil Hermit)

irishtexan

That's good. Sorry about the Evil hermit. Yeah the red ones should open if they are secured.

texan

JeremyChase
I'm supposed to get a replacement from the girl I originally got the green frag from as well. The red ones haven't opened up much yet :( but I think its because up until yesterday they hadn't been glued down and kept getting knocked over and walked over (by the Evil Hermit)
When do we get pics of the corals IN the tank? :huh:

-Jer

no I believe these (according to JF2381) are ones with reddish skirts and green mouths. The Fire & Ice ones are also starting to open just a bit. Hopefully when I get back on Monday more things will be open! :D

They are doing real good considering they were in a box for 3 days.

Do you have a turkey baster? Get one and glently blow some water on them. this will blow away any dead tissue and keep them clean.

irishtexan

oh ok. Those have opened alot so far. The whole frag is almost opened. Cannot wait to see the others.

texan

no turkey baster, but I do have a 60cc plastic syringe which is good for squirting things (and people!) :D

JeremyChase
go back to page 7 Jer... :P
Doh..

They look great; especially considering they were just shipped! Soft corals are pretty hardy; you might say..

Jer

no turkey baster, but I do have a 60cc plastic syringe which is good for squirting things (and people!) :D

That will work.

Squirt people is always fun LOL

Hey Argent-- do you do work at work? LOL every time I check your journal its another 3 pages and you add comments every 10 seconds. Lets hope your boss isnt a N-R member too see this lack of work really being done! :P

(i do the same thing!)

new pics as of this morning -- two of my new zoas look like they are doing good -- the other two -- not so well.

100_1632%20(Medium).JPG

100_1634%20(Medium).JPG

100_1635%20(Medium).JPG

100_1633%20(Medium).JPG

Wow I really like the ones in the first picture! I hope the others ones work out ok. Did you decide to do an all zoo tank? That would look awesome! To make your tank really stand out, you could buy some true blues and some PPE or other rare zoo's. They aren't easy to come by but they look so cool. Just my .02

texan

p.s Looks great! Do you have an FTS?

PPE would be cool -- if they wern't so freakin expensive. I'm working on trying to get some dark blue zoas. As far as other corals, haven't really seen anything else that I'd love to have. Maybe some sort of hard branchy coral (gorgonian or something like that?) Since this is at work, the tank needs to be stocked with low-effort/cost stuff, which probably will result in an all zoa tank.

That first pic doesn't really do them justice either - need to play with the settings on my camera.

Yeah they are really expensive I hear ya. Some dark blues would be awesome! I wouldn't go with the gorgonian because they need high flow and have to be fed and they are pretty challenging to keep. I would do some GSP which doesn't cost that much, and it grows quickly. Also, xenia grows really fast and is fairly cheap also. I bet you can get both of those on here from someone. Especially the xenia because some people are always pruning it. You could get some candy cane coral. I think they look really cool. Heres a pic:

Candy Cane coral

You could try like a frogspawn or torch. Those are cool looking too.

texan

p.s I am going to start my 2.5G AGA pico soon and I plan on having zoo's, gsp, xenia, candy cane, frogspawn, rics, and some type of macro.

Wow your tank looks really great! You know that kindof cave on the left? That would be an awesome place for some sun coral. But they are a little more on the maintenance side. They would be any eye catcher though. Or you could do something more expensive as like a centerpiece coral. Just some of my ideas! :P

texan

p.s Fishbabies has been keeping sun coral in a 1.75 gallon tank and it looks awesome!

Heres a link:

Sun Coral

Yeah they are non-photosynthic, but on the left of his tank there looks like there is a little cave type thing and a little overhang.

texan

yeah behind the reef plug is a small 'cave' I was thinking it would make a nice hiding spot for a cleaner shrimp too.

Heading to the LFS today at lunch to pick up my replacement blue leg hermit and (if they have something) a replacement zoa frag!

EDIT: I really need to suck up some of those larger pieces of stuff off the sand -- hehe

Yeah the cleaner shrimp would love that. If you get something post a pic. Your tank will look really nice once everything fills in a bit.

texan

Archived