inTank Media Baskets

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

I’m going to be setting up a 3g Eclipse this weekend. I know patience is the key for reefs and picos but thinking ahead is always good. I know the lighting is not that powerful. Will I be able to keep zoos, xenias and maybe some mushrooms under the orig. lighting.?

I’m going to put a mini powerhead in there too. Would 2 be too much

I think in the future I’ll be getting a glass top and putting the 9w x2 coralfe mini compact on top. That looks good.

Any other suggestions as far as what else I can keep.

thx

Brad

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Argent,

I’m going to be setting up a 3g Eclipse this weekend. I know patience is the key for reefs and picos but thinking ahead is always good. I know the lighting is not that powerful. Will I be able to keep zoos, xenias and maybe some mushrooms under the orig. lighting.?

I’m going to put a mini powerhead in there too. Would 2 be too much

I think in the future I’ll be getting a glass top and putting the 9w x2 coralfe mini compact on top. That looks good.

Any other suggestions as far as what else I can keep.

thx

Brad

Not sure about xenias or shrooms under the stock lighting, but I was told as long as I kept my zoa's closer to the light they should be fine. As for the powerhead, I actually had to turn mine down (Elite Micro Filter ~ 58gph) because the hermits and snails all climbed to the top most center part of the tank to get out of the current and stayed there. I didn't want to deal with trying to get a custom piece of glass cut to fit the top of the tank so I just bolted my coralife to the stock hood. If you check out this link http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...ST&f=17&t=12024 you'll find more people with the same tanks and some of the things they have. Hope this helps and feel free to keep asking me any other questions you may have.

JeremyChase
LOL! Anything new that you found out?

Yah; where are your frags bro?

Is there anything wrong with getting more input?
Not at all.. But this thread is about Argent's tank! Check out the roll call page that we both linked to..

-Jer

its ok -- Brad has questions -- I'm glad to answer.

as far as my frags -- the shipping address is correct - so I can only hope they show up tomorrow.

Oh no!

it appears that one of my blue legs has left his shell (of course I can't see the old shell) but he appears to have backed himself in to a crack in a live rock! Going to have to run out at lunch today and pick up some empty shells and hopefully he'll move in to one!

*paces around waiting for USPS to come today as well*

EDIT: I take that back -- I found the shell -- and it's still got someone living in it! apparently I have a shell-less blue leg hermit that just *POOF* appeared in my tank!

New corals are here!

PICS PICS PICS! I read your journal at work and it seriously is the excitement of my day! lol

On a sad note -- the new shell-less blue leg hermit I found -- has passed on to the great aquarium in the sky....he must have been half dead when I found him.

Waiting for my stupid RODI water to warm up to room temp so I can give them a quick dip n shake.

But here they are sitting on my desk!

100_1621%20(Medium).JPG

JeremyChase
On a sad note -- the new shell-less blue leg hermit I found -- has passed on to the great aquarium in the sky....he must have been half dead when I found him.

Waiting for my stupid RODI water to warm up to room temp so I can give them a quick dip n shake.

But here they are sitting on my desk!

100_1621%20(Medium).JPG

Awesome!

Are you sure he didnt molt? I have some blue and red legs that molt every so often, and when they do it looks like their whole body fell off and I wont see them for days on end while their new exoskeleton hardens. That would also explain how a body came to be in the shell when you found his shell.

Are you sure he didnt molt? I have some blue and red legs that molt every so often, and when they do it looks like their whole body fell off and I wont see them for days on end while their new exoskeleton hardens. That would also explain how a body came to be in the shell when you found his shell.

Hmm that's possible I guess -- never thought of that!

Here's some new pics of my zoas! and a new FTS

100_1622%20(Medium).JPG

100_1623%20(Medium).JPG

100_1624%20(Medium).JPG

100_1625%20(Medium).JPG

100_1626%20(Medium).JPG

Don't throw him out just yet.. Kmitch is right. Give him a couple days.

Take out other body and throw it out, leave the shell along and give it a days.

This is what you got.

100_162120Medium.jpg

Photobucket doesn't like you :P

Thanks for the corals JF2381! can't wait to see them open up!

I didn't toss the shell (all three shells are actually moving) just the 'dead' one.

JeremyChase
Photobucket doesn't like you :P

Thanks for the corals JF2381! can't wait to see them open up!

I didn't toss the shell (all three shells are actually moving) just the 'dead' one.

The shells are moving! Creapy!!

Last night I picked up some frags for my Eclipse.. 3 zoa frags, 1 blue mushroom, and 1 unsure (hitchiked along with some feather dusters). I didn't get any pics because I was being pushed out the door to go to dinner!

So.. My lighting idea.. I did play with this though....... I put the eclipse lighting back in, AND put the 13w CF that I have been running for the last 5 months. I never did that before because I didn't have room in the hood due to the bio-wheel setup(since removed).

OK.. meeting.. bbiab

JeremyChase
Looks great so far. Can't wait to see pics when they are all opened!

texan

Would be sweet to have a tank at work! I think I'd just stare into it all day though..

-Jer

it's great -- since I'm the Laptop Administrator at work I get plenty of people standing around my cube waiting for their laptops to get fixed. The aquarium gives them something to do while they stand around.

Oooo and I just noticed JF2381's image -- now I have names to go with the frags!

I had a 2.5 at work but it someone from the evening shift or weekend shift started messing with it. So I had to take it home.

This is a year ago:

P3180072.jpg

Present:

I'll post a picture tonight. I don't have any recent on my photobucket.

it's great -- since I'm the Laptop Administrator at work I get plenty of people standing around my cube waiting for their laptops to get fixed. The aquarium gives them something to do while they stand around.

Oooo and I just noticed JF2381's image -- now I have names to go with the frags!

Sorry I removed the photo by accident. It's fixed now.

Oooh you are in IT...If I ever want to move to Michigan I'm going to hit you up for a job. LOL

I had a 2.5 at work but it someone from the evening shift or weekend shift started messing with it. So I had to take it home.

That is the exact reason I won't set one up at work without a lock on the lid.

As shown in my first pics -- I put my tank in one of my lockable overhead bins so I can lock it down at night/weekends when I'm not there.

also good news about my Evil Hermit - the LFS is gonna replace him for free and said they'd take care of my frag he ate!

Archived