Cultivated Reef

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JeremyChase
yeah behind the reef plug is a small 'cave' I was thinking it would make a nice hiding spot for a cleaner shrimp too.

Heading to the LFS today at lunch to pick up my replacement blue leg hermit and (if they have something) a replacement zoa frag!

EDIT: I really need to suck up some of those larger pieces of stuff off the sand -- hehe

Whoa! The tank looks great! Don't worry about the zoos that aren't out yet; give them some time and it'll be ok....

I'm not sure a cleaner shrimp would be the best for this tank because they are fairly expensive and they get BIG! I've seen cleaner shimp in a 3 gal eclipse and they don't have much room to move around. I think you should look at some smaller shrimp..

-Jer

Back from the LFS! New hermit(s) and frag in the bag! Gimme some time to sift through them and get them in the tank and I'll get pics up!

The guys at the LFS were soooo great and helpful -- they sent me home with 4 new hermits and a zoa frag from their tank. The frag ended up coming apart in two pieces as he took it out of the tank but I've got both pieces -- it even has a mushroom on it too (and some other tree like things)

zoa_frag_02.jpg

zoa_frag_01.jpg

and since Texan always asks -- a new FTS :P

FTS.jpg

The new zoo's look awesome! Can't wait to see everything progress. I would go with a small goby if thats what you want or you do a smaller type of shrimp.

texan

I believe I actually managed to score three different color combo zoas on this frag, besides the shroom and leafy green tree tube things!

JeremyChase
I believe I actually managed to score three different color combo zoas on this frag, besides the shroom and leafy green tree tube things!
Wow! That was a great frag!!! Those "tree things" are feather dusters.. Very cool hitchhiker!

-Jer

Its looking really nice Argent! I like feather dusters, they are the cheapest thing I can see in my LFS here in the UK £5! Although I think I may be able to blag some Zoa frags I hope!

:D

yeah I am so excited about my new zoas and hermits I can't wait to go to work!

(I really need to set up a reef tank at home so I can enjoy it more)

Lol That is how I am too. You will have to post some more pics too. Hey but you are probably at work more than you are at home anyway.

texan

well this morning -- it looks as if the green PE's have died and been eaten over the course of the night -- they wern't looking that hot yesterday -- I fear the blowpops are also not long for this world either. But everything else seems to be doing ok so far!

yeah the orange skirts green mouth ones are all open and looking good! and the fire & ice ones are slowly starting to open!

Here are some new shots today -- the two different green ones behind the orange/green zoas came from my frag yesterday

green_cluster_zoa.jpg

and these pink mouthed ones were also on the frag with the shroom

pink_mouth_zoa.jpg

And I'll try to get a good shot of my new shroom (and maybe the dusters if I can -- I noticed besides green ones I have a dark red one too)

hmm my photography skills seem to suck (or it's just my camera)

JeremyChase
That looks really neat. Are you going to leave the zoo's on the plug?

texan

I don't like plugs...... But then again, when you take it off the plug you can end up with zoos that are flying around the tank :(

actually the blowpop zoas are on the reef plug -- and they are mostly dead -- so after the hermits clean the reef plug -- out it comes.

yeah I probably will look for two maybe three more small frags to add to the tank before I decide to calm down and let things just grow.

Archived