inTank Media Baskets

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My mini-aqualight showed up today so I decided to try and modify the stock hood to accept the new lighting.

It's still in the 'heat testing phase' to make sure I'm not going to melt down the office this weekend, but here's some pics of the finished product.

Those lights definitely make a difference in the tank. Looks great and that's awesome that you can keep the tank at work!

am I just that impatient with aquamend? I think I just wasted my lunch hour and my whole tube of aquamend to accomplish nothing more than a lame rearrangement of my live rock. It wouldn't stick to anything other than my hands!!

AHHHHHHHHH

I am so frustrated right now -- should have just gone with super glue gel -- even my one remaning zoa frag still isn't attached to anything! I am so ready to toss this whole thing!

AHHHHHHHHH

*stomps off*

irishtexan

Looks good so far! Can't wait to see the zoo's tomorrow. That aquamend can be a pain in the butt, but it turned out really nice. It will look better once the new zoo's are in there.

texan

it's really easy to get pist off while aquascaping a tank. just try doing it in a 110G, where the lid is 6 feet off of the ground. Just take your time and do it right.

Its looking great, :) Shame that you lost those Zoo's early on but its going to look very cool with a nice mix of colours.

thanks for the positive thoughts -- hopefully the aquamend will cure over night and I can move a few pieces tomorrow. I'm still going to buy some super glue gel to stick my new zoos on tomorrow with.

As for the lost green ones yeah it sucks -- but the girl I got them from is going to frag some more off for me as a replacement.

JeremyChase

Hello fellow 3 gal eclipser :)

I totally hear you with aquascaping; the problem with my tank is that I have one rock that is so big I have basically no room to move it! Arg!

When I got some coral frags I tried to superglue stuff in there, and had zero luck with any of that. I just got superglue all over my hands, etc..

How has the heat been in the tank been with the new light? I like that setup better than what I've got.. I don't feel I get enough light in the back of the tank.

-Jer

the tank stays steady at about 80 degrees. I haven't seen the light effect the tank temperature at all. Here's the link to pictures of my hood -- http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=88943

As for the super glueing -- that comes tomorrow - I just bought a bottle of super glue gel and I've got 4 frags coming USPS tomorrow so I'll get plenty of time to try out my hand at glueing.

If the aquamend has set I actually have part of an archway I was trying to build that I'll stack somehow (maybe I'll superglue it to another piece of rock to complete the arch)

And as always -- pictures will follow shortly after I get them!

I need some long metal tongs or something though -- have to add that to the shopping list next time I'm at the pet store.

mail not here yet......impatient.....want new corals........

*paces around*

AAARRRGHHH

Mailroom lady said USPS already came and there wasn't anything for me!

*ponders if it got sent to his apartment by accident*

eek!

JeremyChase
mail not here yet......impatient.....want new corals........

*paces around*

AAARRRGHHH

Mailroom lady said USPS already came and there wasn't anything for me!

*ponders if it got sent to his apartment by accident*

eek!

Arg!!!! Good luck dude!! You motivated me to get some more corals for my eclipse.. I don't know if you saw in the "roll call" post, but I'm picking up some zoo frags tonight!!!

I'll start a journal for this tank tonight, and will show some pix! :)

-Jer

irishtexan

Yeah Jeremy I cannot wait to new pics. And Argent whats going on with your zoo's? Did they not come today? I hope everything works out. Keep us updated on how things go.

texan

waiting to find out where JF2381 actually shipped them to (I have three addresses on my paypal account but I'm sure I told paypal to ship to my office)

Hey Argent,

I’m going to be setting up a 3g Eclipse this weekend. I know patience is the key for reefs and picos but thinking ahead is always good. I know the lighting is not that powerful. Will I be able to keep zoos, xenias and maybe some mushrooms under the orig. lighting.?

I’m going to put a mini powerhead in there too. Would 2 be too much

I think in the future I’ll be getting a glass top and putting the 9w x2 coralfe mini compact on top. That looks good.

Any other suggestions as far as what else I can keep.

thx

Brad

Archived