Pod Your Reef

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

purple algae? like coraline? I have some that came on my LR but I don't think it's spread anywhere.

I'm trying my hardest to get out to the frag swap on Sunday there is a TON of cool stuff that will be there -- hopefully I can score some nice brightly colored zoas (and they'll survive overnight in a bag)

Oh I'm jealous, I'd love to be heading to the swap at Reales to get some stuff... think I need to get a tank going first though ;) Since we're practically neighbors, what are you using for water? tap? RO?

I'm "." close to buying an aquapod 12g as I'd really like to keep a fish or two, thank you again for the inspiration!

nicee, hope they survive!! i dont know if i would buy an aquapod though. Although they are very nice, i thought i should share with you some reasons why i dont like mine...

1. My fan is really noisy and i even bought a new expensive quiet one and it's still very loud.

2. Fish randomly appear in the back :happy:

3. My tank gets hot very easily, house temp at 70, tank at 81 no heater.

4. The stock pump keeps me awake at night

5. YOU CANT TAKE OFF THE HOOD!!!!!

6. My lid doesnt seal properly and you can see the light shining through.

Dont get me wrong, i have heard of people who are very happy with theirs, but looking back i wish i had bought a nano cube.

The only plus i see in the tank is the sunpaq lighting is amazing...

Sorry to rain on your parade hahah

B) Anjay

Candi - since this tank is so small - I buy my saltwater by the gallon from Choice Aquariums -- easier to deal with at work. And for regular, I have a gallon that I fill from our watercooler at work.

Well the swap meet was a bust -- it started at 11am and I got there about 3pm -- and everyone was gone, and everything was over so I didn't get anything :(

so I'm still searching for a few good frags for my tank.

scarf_ace1981

hey argent

read your whole thread. your tank is very popular. i see you got a porcelain crab, i bought one too and haven't seen it since. i also have an anemone crab and prefer these a lot more as they tend not to hide. mine is always out and about. cute little things they are.

a pair of neon gobies would look really cool in your tank.

yeah Crabman is always hiding under my rocks :( the only way I can check him out is with a flashlight and even then he scuttles out of sight.

I am amazed at just how interested people are in my tank -- and even more amazed at how well it's turned out considering everything I've read state smaller tanks are harder to keep than larger.

I think my argent obcession is just because you actually keep us posted at work! LOL. Most tank journals (my 10 gal included) lack in updates. Speaking of my 10 gal, it will be 7 months old tomorrow!

yeah well -- being an IT helpdesk/laptop administrator I have lots of time to sit next to my tank and in front of my PC all day long refreshing the page to see who else has posted something new.

Hey Argent-- what are the future stocking plans? I want new lifeforms for your tank! Your crabman is boring.

Also, you think we can get a 24 hr Argent Asylum webcam? lol :D

Hmm future stocking plans? um -- a few more zoa colonies and that's probably it. Don't think I have much room for more in there. Besides this is supposed to be a low maintenance tank -- I toss too much more in there and I'll have to start feeding the tank etc.

You're right -- Crabman is boring -- he hides in the rocks all the time.

Staghorn hermits? never heard of them -- do they get big?

Right now I'm up to 6 blue legs, 3 astrea snails and Crabman the porcelain crab. LFS tried to sell me a tiny pom pom but for the price I didn't find it worth it.

*runs off to search the web for staghorn hermits*

Hey I like your tank. You can add alot more corals that are just as maintanance free as zoas, and only need med-low lighting. Try some polyps or leathers. they are just as hardy as what you have in your tank. Keep up the good work.

Yeah crabman really gets a huge thumbs down in my book. That is part of the reason I hate them-- they dont do anything. My cleaner shrimp has a bunch of personality, and I am thinking about a sexy shrimp for my 1 gal pico when that is setup. I love watching them "bound" effortlessly.

i had one and it got really big. the little "whisker" things expanded out a quiet few inches... i wouldnt put one in a 3g either :mellow:

And I'm not that big of a fan of like the peppermint shrimp or the other smaller shrimps (except the Mantis - those are cool!)

Just got back from the LFS -- picked up a couple small pieces of LR for my quart pico, refilled my 3 gallons of saltwater for this tank -- ANNNND

picked up a small frag of zoas I couldn't help myself. Don't have my camera with me today -- but I'll bring tomorrow -- one nice bonus -- it has at least 1 Eagle eye zoa polpy on it too (didn't see that until after he pulled it out of the tank)

Archived