ReefCleaners.org

Starting my 3G Pico!

Argent

Im with you there Kmitch, I got the itch too :o

Argent I agree with the masses, those Zoa's are awesome.

I need to hunt down where the super secret special Zoa's are hidden here in blighty! :D

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those eclipse's came from a fellow Michigan Reefer and are apparently rare ones. So far only 2 polyps have opened up but they did spend last night in a ziploc baggie. I've also found someone with some pink platinum zoa frags nearby that I'm going to try and get.

also I haven't heard back yet on the sexy shrimps yet...and I'm taking my testing equipment home with me this weekend to check the status of my quart tank.

Monday update:

I came in to work this morning -- and my nice new eclipse zoa frag -- had come off it's piece of rock and was sitting on the sand bed :( who knows how long its been there -- I've attempted to glue the polyps back on to the rock - with some luck a few will survive. :( :(

The LFS I got Crabman from finally got back in touch with me -- they might be getting some sexy shrimp in this week and would let me know ($9/each though - that's a bit steep for my low budget tank, but we'll see)

Picture update -- at least one of my eclipse polyps have opened :)

Shroom loves to open huge (it's bigger than a 50 cent piece)

100_1754%20(Medium).JPG

More eagle eyes have opened up!

100_1755%20(Medium).JPG

My lonley eclipse zoa (next to the HUGE shroom)

100_1756%20(Medium).JPG

And the gratuitious FTS :)

100_1757%20(Medium).JPG

fed the tank today (some TetraMin bottom feeder pellets I had around)

the hermits LOOOOVED it -- ANNND Crabman even made an appearance!

100_1771%20(Medium).JPG

and

100_1773%20(Medium).JPG

irishtexan

Awesome frag. The tank is really starting to look filled up a bit. If I were you, on the bottom right hand side there is a huge piece of rock with nothing on it. I would get a larger zoa frag to put there, or you could try something like a small frogspawn frag. The price for the sexies is a good price! Are u going to put them in you 3G or qt. pico?

texan

crabman is not impressing me.

maybe because I have yet to see him. Maybe if he was on my dinner plate! :)

Have you expieremented taking pics and not getting the tank glare? Its looking pretty sweet dude

I'm hoping that Crabman will learn (as the hermits have) that when I feed the tank to come out - and thusly I can get better pics of him. I have some filters I could bring in (and a 2x telephoto I could add on) to try and take some better pics (and reduce the glare)

As for the sexies -- they would go in my 3 gallon -- I'm not putting anything in the quart until I can solve how to keep the tank temperature near 80 24-7.

The pics are good, but acrylic has a funny way of glaring. Since I imagine you cant talk them into turning off the background light it is a bigger challenge to get the picture.

I am hoping for my LEDs to come in today.... then I can start this show as well!

I hope your LED's come in today -- I ordered mine the day after you did. And I'm interested to see how bright the 24 LED light is compared to the 8's before I spend the money getting one for my quart tank.

With the polarized filter I should be able to get rid of the reflection/glare and try and get some nice pics -- and with the 2x telephoto I might even be able to get some really nice macro shots (forgot to bring the camera in today so I'll have to wait until tomorrow)

hehe -- there's nothing to update on this tank yet -- plus the tank is at work and thusly not seen over the weekend :P

give a guy some slack -- my gf left me this weekend too...sheesh :P

Plus I have a quart pico to finish (wednesday) and a new 5.5G to start up -- so I think I'll leave this tank alone for now.

But I will update with some FTS now and then.

i cant believe you are just going to leave us like that..... i mean.... we are fellow cultists!

humpf (storms off to play with her pico)

humpf (storms off to play with her pico)

That sounds naughty -- can I watch? :D

Just because I've slowed on these updates -- doesn't mean there won't be another 20 page thread to follow my 5.5G (or my fathers 5.5G for that matter) as they progress.

FTS's will come along -- and if I add stuff to the tank (or find new things IN the tank) I'll post pics :)

There's some creepy looking black worm type thingy I saw stick his head out from under one of my frags...

Not good on the girl front Argent :(

But I look forward to your new tanks, oh guider of the pico light! :P

Hey that Tetra pellet you feed your tank is it the same stuff you give to tropical fish?

JeremyChase
testing my new signature
Nice test :)

it works..

Dude, your tank looks awesome..

My Pico tank is going to be sitting idle for some time; I just purchased a 40 Breeder.. The Pico will come back to life when I start work again, and it'll be a work tank. :)

In the mean time my 3 gal stuff will go into the bigger tank!

PS: My 2 cents on the GF. Just remember it is no big deal. The sooner you go out and meet other girls the less it'll matter..

-Jer

Thanks for the compliments -- I've been trying to do the best I can -- just wish my zoas would start growing out.

Archived