SaltCritters.com

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

Haha. All the pics of them are cool. That micro colony is awesome! Blastos look nice, too. I really wish I had your size of a tank, now... :( You have so many options for fish! I can't find anything yellow for my tank that actually swims. :P You can get a butterfly. ;) Hehe.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hope butterflys dont find acans and blastos to be yummy.

what u talking about kogut? how about a yellow canary damsel or a talbot damsel? ha ha

Oh yeah. I'd love to trade the lives of my clown and beautiful and healthy mandarin dragonet for a little yellow fish, straight from the depths of hell! ;) lmao. I hate damsels. :P Why don't we make dwarf fish? Why only dwarf horses and dogs? ??? Tigah, work something out and get back to us on that one. lmao. :P

if you want dwarf fish, you need to talk to a molecular biologist, not a lawyer ha ha.

oh, and yes, i will do it for you, but keep in mind, your looking at about 10k per fish. RNAi nucleotide sequences and the enzymes needed to change the growth genes are not cheap to produce, maintain, or put into action! still interested?

Sure... Just bring me my dwarf Idol, Butterfly, and Blue Fin Tuna... I'll uhh... Meet you out back....... Anyone who'll start looking for you when you don't show up for work? ;) lmao. Sorry for side-tracking your thread again, Dennis, I know it happens a lot for some reason. :P To stay somewhat on topic, How have your clowns taken to the new tank? Seems like we never hear about them, anymore. ;) And what do you want to do w/ the frogspawn? Let me know sometime... No hurry at all... The sexies love it, but it's getting too big for me. ;)

Edit: Nice Shot, Man! Now you're acceptable for RC. :P

Edit again: Been meaning to ask you what the acro up top is... Any chance of a close-up shot of it? You've made me curious about it...

the tiny clowns look terrified half the time when faced w/ the much larger anthias hanging out in their little gang.

wow that looks pretty freakin neato. very inspring, hope my new tank turns out this good (minus several thousands of dollars worth of acans, blastos, etc.)

lmao? wthdtm ? (what the heck does that mean?)

Laughing My Ass Off. ;) If it's lmfao... Insert F'ing. ;) Funny to think of clowns being intimidated. :P I'm so use to mine being the tough alpha fish.

Keep posting pics dude. I love the clean look of your tank.

It would look bad ass if you had a whole bunch of SPS, fill it up like this one.:)

DSC07172.jpg

Originally posted by Tigahboy

that's freakin awesome.  give me like 10 years or so and I should have somethin close.  hahah.

Yeah the only thing I don't really like about that tank is the aquascape. I like those tanks that have an open look.

So in 10 years you should have something like this.........hmm, alright I'll start counting.lol

Just make sure you invite me to your house in 10 years.:)

BTW, how come you don't even post at TRL(The reef lounge) anymore?

And yeah im a member there, you probaly didn't know.

it was too crazy posting in like several message boards. so I just narrowed it back down to n-r.com and sometimes RC.

Dude the tank is looking awesome. I was gone for like a couple of hours and BAM all this happens, hahaha.

Originally posted by obarrera

Keep posting pics dude. I love the clean look of your tank.

It would look bad ass if you had a whole bunch of SPS, fill it up like this one.:)

DSC07172.jpg

Man, that tank is SWEET!!!

Your tank is looking good Tigah, but i think the Aquascaping could use some work ;)

Originally posted by Travis

Your tank is looking good Tigah, but i think the Aquascaping could use some work ;)

I think he's aquascape looks good so far, he just needs more rock.

jeesh tigahboy that tank looks real deep? my 45 gallons deep but that looks like it would be hard to touch the bottom? or is the image deceiving? nice anthias!

Personally, I think the aquascape looks absolutely perfect. I haven't seen a more naturally aquascaped tank in a long time.

I think the biggest mistake that the majority of reef keepers make is cramming too much rock in a tank. The open look is much more dramatic IMO.

vicskimmr are u comparing tigahboys to the other example shown? The one stuffed with corals looks almost synthetic and not realistic, id love to know somewhere that looks like that in the ocean!

It also depends on the tank size aswell, if its a nano then its kinda hard to get the open look.

Originally posted by Wobach

jeesh tigahboy that tank looks real deep? my 45 gallons deep but that looks like it would be hard to touch the bottom? or is the image deceiving? nice anthias!

it's just how I aquascaped it. the tank is only 18" tall. If you leave a little more room for open spaces like Vic mentioned, you can make your tank look like it has more depth/volume. a rock wall tends to make the tank look more crowded and smaller overall.

Archived