inTank Media Baskets

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

Other 67g thread got too long, so here's Part II...

Previous 67g project/set-up thread here: 67g Part 1

30g prop tank project thread here: Frag Tank

I havent been showing much of my prop tank since I've been collecting some nice additions for the 67g and was saving them for later once all the LR was added, but I think it'll be okay to post a few of them now. =)

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some blasto wellsi chilling in the prop tank. Here's two of them now moved into the 67g.

The green ones are from scott over at justcorals. nice piece. =) And the peach colored blasto wellsis are from rbaby. thanks again!

rbacan6.jpg

here's my third color morph. It's a really nice red w/ laced green and some hues of purple.

It's in the frag tank still b/c of course I botched a fragging attempt. accidentally cracked the rock along w/ a bunch of polyps (split straight down the middle). I have bad luck w/ blasto fragging. =/

blasto0504.jpg

My new and improved rainbow acan colony. Exact same rainbow morph as my original, but this one has WAY more color variation and the intensity of the colors are just incredible.

Here's a macro of my new rainbow acan w/ feeders extended...

rbacan1.jpg

rbacan3.jpg

adamjonpeterson

Looking good so far. Glad the tank is finally nearing compleation. How much longer on the rock? Also can we see a shot of your skimmer in action?

thanks, guys!

adam - 25lb of LR is ALMOST done. just waiting for that last tiny bit of nitrites to go down. could be any day now.

the 45lb fiji premium however...ammonia city! haha. I accidentally knocked over my ash tray into the curing bin. My cigarette butts probably extended the curing time by a couple weeks. =P haha.

winniebagel

You should start making a "Table of Contents" of sorts on the first pages of your threads! I'll make it really easy for everyone to follow your updates :)

Man, any thread you end up making is going to generate thousands of responses...

Dannng, nice acans, btw. Hopefully, this one will fare better than the last rainbow varient.

hehe. well this time around I wont let acan lords anywhere near it. it should be safe from harm. *knock on wood*

Originally posted by winniebagel

Were the acan lords just stinging the heck out of your previous rainbow one?

yeah. acan pack a killer punch if they want to.

here's a pic of one of the surviving rainbow acan striking back (this happened like a day after its mother colony got nuked).

acanwar.jpg

Adam. I just gotta run to school. then I'll take pic of skimmer. cool? hehe.

winniebagel

Yikes............. :x

Looks like something from one of those Aliens movies.

Hopefully, new ones take off in your tank. I'm sure I'll eventually end up buying a frag off you - that's if you're willing to part with it. :D

But I'm not holding my breath on it. lol

ProFlatlander15

wow...thats so cool! id be pist though cuz right now im seeing $$$ being nuked

I so want a frag of those new rainbows--wth why you been holding out on us??? I have to agree, they do look way better than your original one lol...gimme!

jenniebutterfly

nice looking tigah, had to copy me on the anthias huh :D j/k, i love mine, but i heard they are only aggressive towards each other so watch them, i have one with my clown and a 6 line, they are pigs too. love the rainbow, let me know when you have frags of it, my friends still wants more lords, and since his are like baby machines he should get one of those lol, :D

Originally posted by jenniebutterfly

nice looking tigah

why thank you. :blush:

i didnt know you had a dispar anthia! they are cool fish. especially in schools. =)

Archived