Innovative Marine Aquariums

Tigahboy's Reefaroni (67g+30g prop)

reef hugger

Maxvan - I got 45lb of fiji premium LR still CURING. so yeah, more rock will be added.

DFL18 - SLO got it right

SLO - thanks for posting that. =)

Dark & xtrix- been pretty busy, so haven't had much time to take more pics. And I need to buy a new battery charger for my camera since mine is busted now.

MdM31 - I am using little giant for closed loop w/ OM Super Squirt. Pan world was replaced by 2 Quiet Ones (1 to run return to display and the other to run return to prop tank). But I miss my panworld. =/. but just got a good deal on the quiet ones, so I just got them both and sold the pan world.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would you rather have the pan world or the quiet ones? im trying to decide on a good external pump for my return/reactor supply all that good stuff. What would you reccomend?? My overflow drains about 900 GPH or so.

-Mike

how are you running the main return externally? through a bulkhead or some other way? It would be great if you could post some pics of how its set up also. Thanks,

-Mike

mmmm....you're gonna love the new stuff i picked up today. i picked up a echinophyllia echinoporides that is BRICK red...looks exactly like the Tyree piece...except my piece is HUGE!!!! and i got it for a steal...there are sooo many other goodies...i'll take some pics and post them later tonight or tomorrow morning. oh yeah...i happened upon another of the green ringed favias. how lucky am i?!

Hey Tigahboy how is your tank doing right now with this hot ass weather we are having here in SoCal? Mine is boiling dude.

Luckily we have our a/c on 24/7, otherwise I'd have the same concerns. The valley was in the 100's today...killer.

Originally posted by Cesar

Cali gets too hot.

Damn right it does. I felt like I was going to faint today.haha

If it wasn't for the electicity bill I would definately get a chiller as soon as I had the money to buy a good one.

Originally posted by Cesar

Hey Tigahboy how is your tank doing right now with this hot ass weather we are having here in SoCal? Mine is boiling dude.

Cesar - clip on fans. I totall doubted its effectiveness until I bought like 3 clip-on fans from Target (around $7) and strapped those babies onto my set-up. My temps never go above 81 or 82 now...even in today's heat. W/o the fans, it would be approaching 86+.

Have you guys seen the ICA's that nano-customs just put out?

They're not really capable of making a huge difference on a larger tank, but the principal on which they are based is pretty sweet...

It's basically a block of electronics that you plug in, one end of it gets hot and the other gets cold. If you have the cold part in the water and the hot part under a fan then you're set...

It turns out that a lot of surplus electronic stores sell these things. You can get larger units that can be DIY-ed into in sump coolers that will shave a couple degrees off even tanks of Tigah's size.

I don't know what stores would carry them in LA, but i'll check my electronic surplus magazine to see if they have them in stock now.

Finally summer...

-S

Originally posted by obarrera

Damn right it does. I felt like I was going to faint today.haha

If it wasn't for the electicity bill I would definately get a chiller as soon as I had the money to buy a good one.

Its supposed to be 113 here today... still hot there?:P lol I like the heat though:teehee:

phergus_25

Tigah coming from having the AB bulb that came with the aqua medic light to the phonix 14K ones I have a question. How much brighter do the 14K's seem? I think that the AB bulb is alot weaker than it should be and I'm trying to not upgrade lighting just the lamp. THanks

-greg

Originally posted by Maxvan1

Its supposed to be 113 here today... still hot there?:P  lol I like the heat though:teehee:

I don't know what the temperature is right now(I think yesterday was hotter) but I think 80 F is hot.lol

Originally posted by phergus_25

Tigah coming from having the AB bulb that came with the aqua medic light to the phonix 14K ones I have a question.  How much brighter do the 14K's seem?  I think that the AB bulb is alot weaker than it should be and I'm trying to not upgrade lighting just the lamp. THanks

-greg

Phoenix 14K's seem a lot brighter. I like them a lot, very crisp white w/o the ugly yellow you see in 10K's (or some 14K's).

phergus_25

Thanks I was told by some one on RC that they actualy had about twice the PAR or the AB 20K lamp. I'm going to buy one soon, I dont see much blue in my AB blub anyway. Well thanks.

-greg

Archived