reef hugger

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by winniebagel

He kinda looks like a punk with a mohawk. :D

He is a punk. a bossy one. hehe.

Originally posted by Kogut

Looks awesome. Great pic of the fish, dude! No crazy new additions for us to drool over? ;)

I have new additions (not sure if they are "drool" worthy), but I'm waiting until I add the rest of the LR before adding more stuff from my prop tank.

Hehe. Secrets! :P How's the curing coming, btw? After seeing your tank get started from scratch... I'm starting to miss the good old days of getting everything just perfect during setup. Hehe. Still nice to look @ my acros that are all sorts of weird colors, but started as brown. :P Do you have a lot less flow around the sand area of your tank? I keep having problems creating low flow zones near the sand for my zoas and such... Probably easier since you can direct the flow from the top/middle of the tank as opposed to my powerheads... Let me know on that one, will you?

I said you needed more rock a few days ago but it looks nice like that(I like the open look) looks more natural then having it full of rock.:)

How many more pounds of rock are you getting?

Kogut - i try to block/deflect the flow w/ LR.

Obarrera - I have a bin w/ 45lb of fiji premium. not in a hurry to cure it, so just letting it slow cure for now.

I agree with Onarrera in that I think you have the perfect amount of live rock in your tank right now.

It looks nice with open space and not "overstuffed" like a lot of smaller tanks can get (like mine for instance), plus it you end up doing more SPS it will give it growing room...

Great job on the rockwork....Now all you need is another beautiful Maxima to go in the lagoon on the left side of the tank.

I think the left side could be built up a little more without losing the open look... not 45lbs worth though. Really nice rock work.

Dennis -

Good job so far on this puppy. Im picking up a 90g Acrylic (48x18x24")I have a few questions for you.

1) What do you use to keep the acrylic so-fresh-so-clean?

2) why did you choose the 67g vs the 90? I have no say in this tank im getting (its 90 or bust), but I want to know what differences to expect.

3) Could you model the plumbing that you have to a 90 gallon, or would you need more flow for a mixed reef (LPS/SPS/ETC)

Honestly, Ive learned alot about acrylic tanks/coral health/propigation/reefing in general from this thread. Keep it alive.

TheCoralReef731

It looks...

empty. What happened, your other tank was stuffed?

it's easy to stuff a 30g, with 2x the volume it's going to take a deep wallet to fill that baby up :)

give him time, it's still in the baby stages... within the end of summer we'll probably be seeing a very beautiful progression!

i've got to admit...peter's comment is probably the first i have ever read asking another reefer to hurry and stock his tank. lol. what's the world coming to? :D

Hey Tigah,

Thanks for the fan trick...my tank was around 81 degrees today I put a fan on the sump...within 1 hr my tank had dropped to 79.9 degrees.

A much more appropriate temperature!

Archived