ReefCleaners.org

Pygmy Cherub Angelfish

EtOH_is_good

i had mine in a reef tank for 7 months it killed a few of my corals so i temporarly moved her into a sick tank that i had. which now really has become a fish only tank. i am going to be looking for a bigger peice of glass to place her in. my 20g just really isn't enough room for her. she was also very aggressive toward my firefish goby. she was very much the centerpeice, she swims like no other very beautiful to watch. i don't think i would put her in a nano REEF though..

IMG_0491.sized.jpg

Originally posted by Kogut

I'm w/ Travis. Pull the damsel out because they're evil fish. Just make sure you have plenty of LR for the angel to hang around and feed on!

i have a pink damsel and a black w/ white spoted damsel in a fish only tank w/ the pygmy angel. they all are good buddies and get along fine. i see no nipped fins or signs that they are stressing. all eat wonderfully and swim a lot.

Mine has been a bleasing. No fights, no coral picking and he/she swims all over the place, no hiding. I love the little bugger. Just keeping my fingers crossed that he/she continues to behave.

-Asin

Originally posted by Asin

Mine has been a bleasing.  No fights, no coral picking and he/she swims all over the place, no hiding.  I love the little bugger.  Just keeping my fingers crossed that he/she continues to behave.

-Asin

mine was fine the first 5 months. she changed, and started eating my corals. I ripped apart my tank caught her and enjoy her swimming in a fish only tank now. they are beautiful fish and i sometimes just sit and watch her swim. i call her a she because she is so small that she was probably not a male when i got her.

My cherub has gotten my feeding time down. He knows when and where to be every night before feeding and eats like a pig. And I'm switching up the foods everyday so he doesn't get bored as well.

Originally posted by NaNO ReeFiN

My cherub has gotten my feeding time down. He knows when and where to be every night before feeding and eats like a pig. And I'm switching up the foods everyday so he doesn't get bored as well.

i think it happened when i introduced the green star polyp she ate it all within 3 days and it was a nice size.

Originally posted by Kogut

Mine finally ate a bunch of flakes today. Had to use chopsticks...

Had to read that twice. The first time I thought the fish was using chopsticks :D

Originally posted by Tigahboy

I think just tonite I heard like 7 ppl come out

It's about time for you guys. I'm really proud of you and totally supportive. PCC Power! ;)

Mine's still here! The addition of the clownfish forces him to come out more and compete for food. :) He hasn't touched any of the 9 acro or the 6 other SPS or the 10+ ricordia or the crocia. *Knock on wood* Gotta' love my little guy!!! ;)

I'm throwing in a 6-line wrasse into the mix. They occupy roughly the same niche and have similar swimming patterns...so this will be a 6-line vs. cherub match...hopefully they'll make peace and not war.

wish me luck!

Angel Higuera

I've been looking for one here in L.A. for a while now. Can't find one. Can sombody help mr locate one? Tigah-where did you get yours? Thanks.

-Angel

Finally got back from school. blah.

Angel, The Aquarium in Culver City. I think it is off of Sepulvada (its across the street from Jack n the box and the plaza w/ the Petco.

I saw one there a few days ago. Just ask them to order one for you next time they go to wholesalers. (I also PMed this to ya)

You know just when I figure i have my stock list to just where i wanted u guys/gals have to pull a stunt like this. Now I want a Cherub. Think it will go in a 25 gallon (24*16*16) along with a clown a banggai and a Yellownose shrimp goby?

Only get a cherub if you guys can accept the risk of them eating your corals or you having to take apart the system to get at them under your LR if they do nip at your stuff.

They are still not completely reef safe and those of us who have them are not out of the woods yet. They can acquire their taste for corals months from now.

Angel Higuera

I think im willing to risk it. All I have so far is some GSP and a Brian. I'll give it a shot-if I can get one.

BTW Tigah, thanks for the hookup.

-Angel

Nano_Reefin: btw, my cherub and 6-line wrasse are perfectly fine together so far.

50% of the time they actually swim around together looking for food on the LR.

other times they just mind their own business w/ no aggression towards each other. let's just hope it stays that way. hehe.

My guy is still "reef-safe" in my opinion. But I recently fragged an acan echinata and it had some quasi-dead loose pieces hanging off the skeleton.

My cherub began picking at the quasi-dead tissue. Not sure if you would count that as a coral eater since it never bothers live coral, but regardless I got spooked and caught him just now.

anyways. good luck to the rest of you. And if anyone wants a cherub angel, I can sell for really cheap; otherwise I'm taking back to LFS for store credit. PM me if interested. =)

pccroster2.jpg